The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

It can't drop today it needs to drop at midnight tonight as it would be Thursday 
nerd.gif
That man doesn't believe in Thursdays anymore.

Relationships do that to you.

When you're single and unattached, Thursday is the day to start the weekend with other like minded people. When you're in a relationship, you can' wait for it to be over with since it's just the day before you get to spend the weekend with your girl.

But it's whatever. Not saying anything else.

Y'all tripping like dude isn't a genius.

Rich, broke, in love, out of love, whatever.

He's written great songs about everything not just savage life, y'all gotta grow with him as an artist.

Trilogy Weeknd ain't coming back and that's fine, we got 30+ songs of that.

There's much higher levels he can reach in Pop while making great music, he tried to straddle that on BBTM but I think/hope he perfects it here.

+ Doc is involved and those two haven't made a song that isn't exceptional.

He's written great songs about everything not just savage life, y'all gotta grow with him as an artist.

There's much higher levels he can reach in Pop while making great music, he tried to straddle that on BBTM but I think/hope he perfects it here.

I agree with everything you said but I can't believe you're the one to write this lol

You all can have that. Sure he's written well, but I'm not here for spoken word. I became a fan of the guy's musical delivery, which encompasses more than great word use. The past couple of years, he hasn't delivered to the level he lead fans to believe he'd be capable of. There was an article that came out when KL dropped where he said he would keep giving us the goods because he wanted "to show the world that he can **** out these albums like its nothing". He's created that expectation, so it's not the fans fault for not "growing with him". Dude's last attempt just didn't deliver. Call it what it is. He lead people to believe that he wouldn't switch up for the sake of going pop, then he did. That's not a knock to the dude, just an acknowledgment of reality.

For what it's worth, in the same article, dude did say that he wanted people to be underwhelmed when they heard the title Kiss Land maybe this is in vein of that same train of thought. I didn't expect much from KL and that turned out to be god tier. BBTM had me expecting to walk into a mad house, but I ended up in a bouncy hut.

But I'm not saying anything else. We'll see.

Agreed,

I'm going to let the music speak for itself.

Super stoked.

Man I might have to check out of this thread until a good 6-8 weeks after the release of Star Boy. :lol:

It's going to be nothing but anxiety and pessimistic attitudes until it releases.

Then regardless of the music, it's gonna be a bunch of people who went into the album expecting to be disappointed, immediately expressing their disappointed.

Then hopefully a month after release, people will have chilled out and the let the album digest, and we will start to get a better balance of unbiased takes and opinions, whatever those takes maybe.

Last edited:
Man I might have to check out of this thread until a good 6-8 weeks after the release of Star Boy. :lol:

It's going to be nothing but anxiety and pessimistic attitudes until it releases.

Then regardless of the music, it's gonna be a bunch of people who went into the album expecting to be disappointed, immediately expressing their disappointed.

Then hopefully a month after release, people will have chilled out and the let the album digest, and will start to get a better balance of unbiased takes, whatever those takes maybe.
Bro what were you expecting? Haha

Where's the guy who said this was being mostly produced by doc? Still waiting on the confirmation.. If that's true then I'll get my hopes up

In for this, boy done cut the dreads?

Drizzy and Travis Scott features :smokin

Ovoxo is still alive, let's see if they can do it again

I believe there'll be a mixture to please everybody. It'd be foolish to think he'd abandon the pop sound altogether being BBTM was his most successful album. Which isn't a terribly bad album. Just isn't what we expected.

If this dude Lil Uzi Vert is really on a feature I'll cop the CD and immediately crack it in half.

Last edited:
Chill y'all. He retweeted something from WeekndBible and then immediately un-Rt'd it.

The tweet was saying all tracklist, features, out rn are fake, and nothing is confirmed until it drops. 

Back
Top Bottom