[| -- The Roots, Gym Class Heroes & Estelle LIVE In Concert 10.26 @ The Docks -- |]

DYNAMICS

formerly diplomat tdot
oct26.jpg

REMG Entertainment Presents
THE ROOTS & GYM CLASS HEROES
WITH SPECIAL GUEST ESTELLE

REMG proudly welcomes an all-star tour featuring co-headliners Gym Class Heroes and The Roots, with special guest Estelle.

Years of energetic live shows and selling EPs hand-to-hand out of their backpacks led to the first official Gym Class Heroes record in 2002, the self-produced banger For The Kids. The group's constant touring alongside indie rock and pop-punk bands has shown many unsuspecting audiences that the Gym Class Heroes do not comfortably fit into any genre or label. Rooted in traditional hip-hop, the quartet uses live instruments as opposed to looped samples, and socially conscious lyrics without overtones of taking themselves too seriously. Gym Class Heroes will release a new record called The Quilt on September 9th.

Often regarded as one of the greatest innovators of live hip hop, The Roots, (originally featuring Hub, ?uestlove, Malik B., Black Thought, Scratch and Rahzel), helped to lay the path for future urban percussion bands. Originally from Philadelphia, The Roots did their time in the shadows. Formed in 1987 by emcee Tariq Trotter (Black Thought) and drummer Ahmir Thompson (?uestlove), the Roots were an underground sensation in New York and their native Philly long before they made it big. They recently released their eighth studio album Rising Down.

Supporting the tour will be UK songstress Estelle. She has recently made an impact in North America with her debut album Shine and her smash single American Boy featuring Kanye West.

Don't miss this exciting opportunity to catch some of the worlds best live hip hop acts and an up and coming R&B singer who will be force to be reckoned with.

THE ROOTS & GYM CLASS HEROES
with special guest ESTELLE
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Sound Academy
(11 Polson St.)
Tickets are $44.50 (plus any additional fees) in advance and are available at
Ticketmaster, Play de Record, Soundscapes & Rotate This.
All Ages and Licensed Event, Doors @ 6:30pm, Show @ 7:30pm

I'm taking it all you Toronto dudes are gonna skip out on this show like the LB one?

All the good music goes to Toronto, and you dudes don't even take advantage of it.

Didn't even know these acts were here until my boy hit me up asking if I wanted tickets.........my answer was yes
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

I'm taking it all you Toronto dudes are gonna skip out on this show like the LB one?

All the good music goes to Toronto, and you dudes don't even take advantage of it.
as much as i love LB, i can live without seeing them live again....they're awful live...

now the legendary roots crew is another story...

Back
Top Bottom