The Official NBA Season Thread: California Classic Summer League

Think GSW still misses the playoffs. I don't really like any of the pickups. Melton had a pretty serious spinal injury that he was struggling to come back from and he wasn't great when he did play. Klay was garbage but also the main reason they made a run when he got hot down the stretch. Team has a higher floor but lower ceiling

Flabby and sick. This your king?

Screenshot_20240704_021438_Instagram.jpg

I think the clippers built their roster better with the cap space that didn’t go to Paul George as opposed to getting Wiggins and a meaningless warriors first rounder.

This is fun:

Sonics vs. Bulls in November 1995. Finals preview, Sonics come back from down 18. You just know MJ was fuming over getting stripped by GP to seal the game. Final lines:

MJ: 22 points (6/19 FG, 10/11 FT), 5 rebounds
GP: 26 points, 11 assists, 1 steal (on MJ)
Kemp: 25 and 14
Scottie: 18 and 12

I do wonder what Nate McMillan would look like today. One of the best defensive guards of the '90s, and a runner up for 6MOY one year. He was up and down from 3-point range, but he had seasons in the high 30s - low 40s. He would be an ideal 3-and-D guy today if he just focused on threes. I like his addition to the Lakers assistant staff for defensive coaching.

Hawks might have had the worst offseason of all time if Risacher ends up being a dud. My expectations are non-existent for these bums. Idgaf what the stats say, Sarr would have been an improvement over Capela and Murray and Hunter should have been traded for Ingram. Young, Johnson, Ingram, Okongwu and Sarr would have been good. We gotta go big at the 2 since Trae is so undersized for quick defensive switches.

Back
Top Bottom