The Official NBA Season Thread: California Classic Summer League

Dubs might aswel sign Russ if they're entertaining these types of moves.
This is pointless, just like when they added D'Angelo Russell. Unless you are going to overhaul your playing style with a non-shooter, why even entertain this?

Thought I was quoting the Lavine post, but I agree, they might as well bring in Westbrook if this is the angle they are going for.

I don't understand what some of the owners were trying to accomplish with the new CBA. It seems like there is incongruence with what the fans want and enjoy versus what the owners want.

1. Over the last couple of years a lot of the buzz and attention the NBA has gotten was around player movement, either through huge, out of nowhere trades or free agency. The new CBA has made those type of trades a lot less common so the NBA is getting a lot less attention from this area.

2. Ratings show that the NBA is its most popular when there are dynastic runs and rivalries that last over the course of many years (Lakers versus Celtics in the '80s, Bulls dynasty run in the '90s, Kobe and Shaq in the 2000s, etc). Instead of leaning into this the NBA has done everything they can to limit team's abilities to go on long, multi-year championship runs.

This is pointless, just like when they added D'Angelo Russell.

Ironically, they should try and trade for dlo’s expiring
If this is true then the Clippers were just being petty. All things consider this is an incredible package, especially if the first round pick would be unprotected.

It’s not, they weren’t offering all that
There were versions of a trade involving those guys

Back
Top Bottom