The Official NBA Season Thread: Derrick Rose Retires 🌹

It’s unfortunate that a torn ACL at the time was a kiss of death for your career. Now players can come back from that and relatively be on the same level as before
That's actually the sad part...it was no longer a kiss of death.

Shumpert tore his the same day.

Adrian Peterson tore his a few months earlier and only missed 8 months and seemed to not have lost anything.

Just wasn't meant to be for Rose.

Always wondered if D. Rose put as much into conditioning/weightlifting after the ACL injury. He always looked heavier and not as lean. It could have been age and just putting on natural weight. Understandably, he was not as explosive, as that was probably not what he was going for after that injury.
He purposefully packed on muscle after the injury. A lot of upper body mass added...not sure why but he definitely did it in response to the injury.

He cut it though by the time he got to Minny.

Didn’t even realize KOC had left. Figured the pod had just taken a week or two off before season kicks off.

Looks like Chris Vernon is keeping The Mismatch. Not sure if Jacoby is permanent or not, but I don’t hate it.

Enjoy life after basketball Rose!

He always had the most filthiest dunks against Atlanta
You talking about the one in the playoffs in the half court set? Game 3 maybe? If so that was nasty.

Always thought that coast to coast layup in traffic that had Bron heated on the bench was a great move.

You talking about the one in the playoffs in the half court set? Game 3 maybe? If so that was nasty.

Always thought that coast to coast layup in traffic that had Bron heated on the bench was a great move.
My favorite Rose baskets are def against Miami. The transition layup you just mentioned and then the dunk where he split the d and yammed on Joel Anthony.

I actually don't remember a Hawks dunk outside of the oop John salmons threw that was way too high but Rose grabbed that ho anyway.

Plus, the Dragic dunk...

My favorite Rose baskets are def against Miami. The transition layup you just mentioned and then the dunk where he split the d and yammed on Joel Anthony.

I actually don't remember a Hawks dunk outside of the oop John salmons threw that was way too high but Rose grabbed that ho anyway.

Plus, the Dragic dunk...

The dunk at the 1:05 mark. The cross, the quickness and the dunk.

It was an ugly time when they had him out there doing his rehab work before the game dunking etc., and then he would be in a suit watching the game. Then people were making up screenshots saying the official Rose jersey was a suit. Smh.

The Bulls could have handled that better for him, by having him do that work at the Berto center or before people got in the arena. Doing that work 45 minutes before game time and looking perfectly healthy, the flack he took for not playing was something else.

Kind of like Odell Beckham posting that video of him single leg squatting almost 400 lbs on either leg, but still saying he’s not ready to play. People find that hard to understand.

Last edited:
Hell of a ride young fella one of the nastiest I’ve ever seen play in person 🫡

1727380566168.jpeg

That’s an insanely stupid take :lol:

And I really like Donovan Mitchell. But he isn’t remotely bringing the level of defensive versatility and rebounding that Tatum does to go along with the scoring and playmaking.

Celtics aren’t winning if they swapped the two because Mitchell isn’t on THAT level.

D Rose. He is 1 of 1 in my book. Never been as blown away at watching someone's high school highlights until seeing his

Meanwhile if you put Tatum on the Cavs they might be the ones in the Finals :lol:

He’s one of the easiest players to build around in the league, due to skillset at his size, which is why he’s one of the most valuable.

Meanwhile if you put Tatum on the Cavs they might be the ones in the Finals :lol:

He’s one of the easiest players to build around in the league, due to skillset at his size, which is why he’s one of the most valuable.

Your man JT been taking crazy strays all summer I can't lie.

How you win a chip, gold medal and drop in rank?

KoC is a Trumper? :nerd:

I remember this went viral years ago

but I don't know if his opinions have changed over time. I don't follow him or keep up with his content because I just don't think he's that good in general. I think Zach Lowe does that type of lane way better and I've never really found KoC to be insightful or interesting.

Defense matters when it’s “convenient” in the NBA because Mitchell ain’t locking nobody up.

Even in games when his shot wasn’t falling, Tatum was defending and distributing at a high level

Back
Top Bottom