The Official NBA Season Thread: Derrick Rose Retires 🌹

Folks was different.

In the Chicagoland area the name “Pooh” rang bells. And this was around the time hooping mixtapes was coming out and there were dedicated websites to highschool ball, Derrick Rose and Simeon High School was some mythical ****.

My school was in the Pontiac Holiday Tournament same time as Simeon. Thank God we didnt match up with them. But watching D. Rose when we was like 15/16 mann it was like watching someone from another planet. He was just so fast and no matter who you put in front of him it was a mismatch. Everyone knew he was league bound when we was shorties. It was that evident. The L wouldve looked so different if he never got all them injuries man smh.

Nothing but love and respect for Derrick Rose. Chicago Legend!

Random, but Lowe being gone from ESPN reminds me of a pod he did in 2017 with them. Whenever it was exactly, he said something like

"Welcome to the Lowe Post...where everything is awful" in the intro

It was right after Trump got elected and fired Sally Yates, he mentioned it. After that someone cut that **** out quick, because I never remember him saying anything remotely political afterwards.

They do the exact opposite for the NFL too. Dudes get to work on the telestrator.
Vikings defense had a play last week where the safeties were right at the line of scrimmage, looked like straight cover zero.

The ball snapped and it was actually a Cover 2, with the corners & safeties swapping responsibilities.

Them dudes were breaking that play down with GLEE :lol: Pure enthusiasm.

Legs is literally the only dude who talks about the actual game and they got him on the graveyard shift last I checked

Vikings defense had a play last week where the safeties were right at the line of scrimmage, looked like straight cover zero.

The ball snapped and it was actually a Cover 2, with the corners & safeties swapping responsibilities.

Them dudes were breaking that play down with GLEE :lol: Pure enthusiasm.

Legs is literally the only dude who talks about the actual game and they got him on the graveyard shift last I checked
Football is more technical so I don’t expect to see someone getting busy on the telestrator often but we gotta get someone out here

But yeah them NFL dudes get to work when it’s time. It’s a shame they played my boy Michael Irvin though. World class orator

NBA former players are either hating or lost in the sauce of their own accomplishments. Legs is nice with the breakdown but he’s a plumber. JJ was almost too nerdy. Jamal Crawford is good but he’s not on ESPn.

Just give Jeff Teague a show and let him cuss
They tried that with Cam'ron but you can't even watch cause they pausing every 5 seconds

They do the exact opposite for the NFL too. Dudes get to work on the telestrator.
NFL players take the whole 'protect the shield' **** seriously :lol:

They actually work to prop up the league and current players and educate fans on what they're seeing in their roles as analysts instead of denigrating both like NBA guys love to do.

You can tell the NFL guys love their sport, that's hard to tell with some of the ex-player NBA talking heads sometimes and that's a big problem when they're supposed to be it's representatives in the media.

It's not a surprise fan discourse is the toxic way that it is when even the guys who know what they're talking about can't always do it respectfully.

Last edited:
Zion is still the best American prospect out the draft since Lebron in my eyes. Even with the injures and setbacks his numbers when he plays confirms those notions to me. This season he is going to put it all together

Back
Top Bottom