The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League / Jalen Brunson Signs Extension

I don’t get what “revenge” Kyrie is taking on Boston. He said he would re-sign there, didn’t go to their Game 7 for the 2018 ECF, quit on the team in the playoffs the next year, then dipped. They didn’t screw him over in any way. If anything, it should be the Celtics getting revenge on him.
This makes too much sense :lol:

I don’t get what “revenge” Kyrie is taking on Boston. He said he would re-sign there, didn’t go to their Game 7 for the 2018 ECF, quit on the team in the playoffs the next year, then dipped. They didn’t screw him over in any way. If anything, it should be the Celtics getting revenge on him.

I may be mistaken, but it really seems like he's had more issues with the media than the players. Other than Harden, I don't think any player had any ill feelings towards him. I even remember Jaylen saying that Ky is very missunderstood shortly after he left Boston.

With that said, Kyrie did have an ego and he may have humbled himself when he landed in Dallas.

It may have been a low point knowing how much $ he lost in Brooklyn plus not being able to land a full 4 year max. Either way, if he needed to go though that to be where he's at, it's all good in my books.

^ this
lost out on a max contract
biggest shoe company not wanting to do business with him
not many teams were lining up to obtain him

dallas took the chance and it is paying off. started slow as they missed the playoffs, but everything is clicking

Porzingis revenge on Luka and Dallas is a better storyline than Kyrie and Boston imo

Kyrie has been nothing but mature and level-headed this post-season so far. Fully expect him to downplay or even reject the idea he feels any type of special way toward the Celtics.

Man, truly one of my favorite NBA personalities. No one could derail commentary like him lol ancient history lessons, war-on-drug rants, romanticism, bear migration talk, meteors, shout outs to Wu-Tang. Never knew where he was gonna take things haha He was wild, inspired, and imaginative. Loved the game. RIP the legend.

This was the worst thing he did

20240527_143240.jpg

Dray needs to sit this one out. He is the same guy that got called out for lying by his own kids and his from his family in his man cave and pretended to be in another location.

Back
Top Bottom