The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League / Jalen Brunson Signs Extension

Grant Williams did play a big role in helping them get to the finals in 2022. I’ve seen tribute videos for less honestly

He benefits from being in an era where "pacing" is more appreciated than before. Because if he came up during our time the knock on him being "slow" would hurt the perception of his game a little more.

I love his jumpshot though. Pull up game on point.

If you haven't watched his series from.last year do so. Youtube.

Pull up jump shot, with handles and range like that like that (plus space) makes you quicker.

It’s why our era appreciated a Johnny Flynn over a Steph Curry. Being quick with the ball and strong with it really mattered. More so that shooting it off the bounce like that

But you right. Last time I watched Kiyan play was a year ago in his (his soph) year. Didn’t score alot, but clearly looked like he belonged. Feel like that’s how you can tell with some younger talents that bloom a bit later.

What series you talking about?

Does anyone else’s brain not process names properly? I’ve been calling Melo’s kid kylian like kylian Mbappe

Watched the entire thing

I didn't look at a second of the game video being shown

I was mesmerized by something else

Dat chocolate.
1718217957694.png

1969 NBA finals might be my favorite NBA finals as it serves as the connecting point for all the NBA legends.

you can track the generations of basketball facing off from the 60's to Now.

You have Bill Russell in his final season as player, physically past his prime but still the most dominant defensive player in the world.

On the other side you have Jerry West absolutely carrying the Lakers offensively

Jerry very nearly stole game 7 scoring 14 in the 4th quarter to bring the Lakers back from 17.

few Years later Jerry would finally get his ring, with a post prime Wilt locking up young Kareem Abdul Jabbar.

-Post prime Bill Russell wins a ring against prime Jerry West.
-Post prime Jerry, wins a ring against prime Kareem.
-Post prime Kareem wins finals MVP, in Michael Jordan's rookie year ect.

Over the course of the NBA history the greats of previous eras beat next generation.

the game changes over time, but but ultimately the greats are always great.

Back
Top Bottom