The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League / Jalen Brunson Signs Extension

If the finals ended today, who's the FMVP?
200w (21).gif

Im watching the whole game. No they are not. They did a lil in the first game. If you would watch the game and not the box score you would see those 12 assist are not set ups but just desperate kick outs after fumbled drives and his teammates were executing they shots. lol Tatum is not getting 3 defenders sent at him, he cant make a damn shot. Yall got to stop cappin lol
We aren’t watching the same game then cause I saw him drive to the middle of the lane and dish dozens of times last night, with at least 6 of those resulting in wide open 3’s that were missed. Nothing was desperate about them, they were the easy and correct plays to make with such garbage perimeter defense.

Luka reminds me of earlier Kobe days. He does need to trust the role players a bit more, but man outside of Lively and PJ they all suck.

Kyrie included.
All the praise for his teammates last series but after 2 L’s on the road to the best team in the league they all suck? :lol: :smh:

• Haha
Reactions: HIM
Gafford was actually getting looks on duck ins though. He was good last game. This isn’t about role players, it’s about Kyrie. Boston is defending Luka perfectly.
Whole two games is Kyrie being bad and Boston taking away the vertical threat game that Dallas leverages to open everything else up.

Luka has mostly been good, but he's let himself get sucked back into foul hunting and ref *****ing and front runner tendencies, too.

All the praise for his teammates last series but after 2 L’s on the road to the best team in the league they all suck? :lol: :smh:

They had favorable matchups all throughout the playoffs

We'll see how they play at home, but depending on DJJ and Gafford for a finals team is not a good look.

Tatum did have some nice passes. (yall cant say I aint give him credit) However, If you drive to the basket with no plan, no real way to make the shot, or lose the ball off the dribble, but find a kickout shooter to bail you out, that's desperate. You hoop, you know this. On the box score its an assist and I wont take it away but that don't move me. Some of those assist were exactly that.

Right now for Tatum its a confidence issue.

He seems scared to shoot. I've seen him pass up open shots just to sideways dribble more or do some out of control jump pass.

If they were losing, the way Tatum is playing would be much louder.

Celtics have taken away the Gafford-Lively lobs and giving PJ-DJJ all the threes they want. Kyrie is getting smothered. And Luka is tiring as the game goes along because he has to do even more than usual.

Tatum has always been the guy that if he can knock down 5 to 7 threes in a game, then you are good. One of these games the sidestep 3's are gonna fall and that's gonna be his breakout game scoring wise.

Gafford should DEFINITELY be playing more. Take all of Klebers minutes. I actually think Gafford played good, and should of played more in the first half.

mavs going to be tough back in dallas.
role players typically play better at home
way too early to be calling series over.
8 quarters of not being able to consistently stay in front of the ball.

Against a drive and kick team you have 3 options:

- Guard the ball, which PJ/DJJ have struggled with.

- Build a wall at the free throw line, which won’t work because Kai/Luka have no chance at helping + recovering & if you have them guard the ball they’re not going to provide enough resistance consistently.

- Go zone for extended stretches, which is obviously a recipe for disaster against a prolific 3pt team.

Boston goes 10/40 from 3 anyway and…… you still lose? :lol:

Added to the fact that most of them were the same looks from G1, so Dallas hasn’t actually figured anything out & doesn’t have the personnel to do so.

So now they have to pray that Boston misses open jumpers for 4 of the next 5 games? Which added to G2 would be 5 of 6 games?

Good luck.

Right now for Tatum its a confidence issue.

He seems scared to shoot. I've seen him pass up open shots just to sideways dribble more or do some out of control jump pass.

If they were losing, the way Tatum is playing would be much louder.

So you're saying Tatum is the Michael Jordan of Ben Simmons this series
patrice.png

New media no different from old apparently :lol: They have their talking points decided before the ball is even tipped.

The Mavs offensive issue right now is Kyrie, nothing else to discuss. He is a 3 level scorer and finishing well at the rim but the other 2 levels are failing him right now.

He’s not a high volume 3 point shooter and Boston will live with him taking midrange jumpers over taller guys.

I’d say scrap the midrange completely, focus on getting up more 3s (specifically logo pnr attacking the drop coverage so they’re clean easy looks) and lastly try to hunt the white guys on the switch more often.

But that just isn’t how he normally plays :lol:
ADVERTISEMENT​

Back
Top Bottom