THE OFFICIAL 2024 - 2025 DALLAS COWBOYS SEASON THREAD || 1 - 1 Next game 9/22 vs. Ravens

I was front and center saying we should draft Dak. I was getting pissed we were passing on him in the 3rd, and not trading to get back into the 3rd before he was gone. Luckily he was still there in the 4th.

What I'm illustrating is how important having a homerun hitter in the backfield changes everything.

Dak life is a whole lot more difficult if it was McFadden running only okay. Not to discount Dak at all, he's been wonderful. Have some qualms, but for a 4th round QB Rookie... He's been great.

But Zeke is still the catalyst for everything.

Last edited:
Have some qualms, but for a 4th round QB Rookie... He's been great.

Still disagree with your whole statement, there is a reason QB is the highest paid player on offense. I know you don't say the same about 2014 when Demarco Murray had that great year, no you give all the credit to Romo.

Dak is now top 10 in passer rating, yards per attempt(for people that say he doesn't stretch the field), and top 5 in completion percentage.

And still no INTs.

What are your "qualms" about this 4th round rookie that is playing better than most veterans?

Last edited:
Biggest thing was the D-Line pressure. Was not expecting that at all...

This.

This season is starting to feel similar to 2014 when our defense wasn't supposed to be ****, and there were question marks coming into the season.

Next week might be our "Seattle 2014" game where if we somehow go to Lambeau and win, the world will take notice and the Cowboys hype train starts.

I swear if the Cowboys ever made the SB, TWill would be the reason they lose with one boneheaded play.

B Betonblck He still doesn't stretch the field man....so what are you saying? Hes still last in attempts/completions 20+ yardsdownfield even with a healthy 8ypa...

Stop making it seem like we dislike dak, nobody does...

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=NFL&rank=118&type=Passing

Another thing tony does better, is throw tds...dak is last is tds per attempt, he throws a TD on 2.6% of his throws, romo career average is 5.7% and peaked at 7.8% in 2014...

Once more. I LOVE Dak Prescott...and i look forward to a long and prosperous career in Dallas...

Last edited:
Yup mpire mpire

I agree wholeheartedly man....you can't help but feel the similarities between then and now..Durant balled out in Seattle, let's see who steps up in lambueau...I'm so proud of this team so far man.

You gotta give some credit to the coaches/personal people, finally 'next man up' is more than a phrase....

Can't remember a time where there was such an influx of young talent like so..

B Betonblck He still doesn't stretch the field man....so what are you saying? Hes still last in attempts/completions 20+ yardsdownfield even with a healthy 8ypa...

Stop making it seem like we dislike dak, nobody does...

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=NFL&rank=118&type=Passing

Another thing tony does better, is throw tds...dak is last is tds per attempt, he throws a TD on 2.6% of his throws, romo career average is 5.7% and peaked at 7.8% in 2014...

Once more. I LOVE Dak Prescott...and i look forward to a long and prosperous career in Dallas...

Dak has 7 TDs total, let's not be silly and ignore his rushing TDs. A TD is a TD, whether it is passing or rushing.

By the way, Essential, Zeke broke that 60 yarder because the defense was so worried about Dak rolling out and over committed to stopping the roll out.

Dak has 7 TDs total, let's not be silly and ignore his rushing TDs. A TD is a TD, whether it is passing or rushing.

You're the loudest one in here, so how about you do the math for me?

What would that adjust his td rate to?

Still ain't 7.8% man..ijs..

I just remember some of these sports analyst saying we will be lucky if we are 3-3 going into our bye week. This was when Romo was ruled out. Now we looking at going 5-1 or 4-2 into our bye. Coaching staff is doing a hell of job with this team too. We knew what we was getting with Elliott but Dak tho. Jason Garrett on the sidelines looking at the football Gods like thank you!!!

Dak Prescott is a better quarterback than Tony Romo.

I’m not saying the 23-year-old Prescott is going to be better than the 36-year-old Romo some day, and so the Cowboys should be thrilled to have Prescott take over for Romo down the road. I’m saying Prescott is better than Romo right now, and should remain the Cowboys’ starting quarterback even after Romo recovers from the broken bone he suffered in his back in the preseason.

Prescott completed 18 of 24 passes for 227 yards, with a touchdown and no interceptions, as the Cowboys whipped the Bengals on Sunday for their fourth straight win. For the season, Prescott has completed 107 of 155 passes for 1,239 yards, with four touchdowns and no interceptions. His passer rating of 101.5 is better than Romo’s career passer rating of 97.1, and much better than Romo’s passer rating last year, which was 79.4. (Even when he was healthy, Romo didn’t play particularly well last year.)

Rookie running back Ezekiel Elliott, who leads the NFL in rushing, obviously deserves plenty of the credit for the Cowboys’ four-game winning streak as well. But you can’t separate Elliott’s success from Prescott’s. On Elliott’s 60-yard touchdown run Sunday, Prescott faked a bootleg, and it was the threat of Prescott running that kept the Bengals from closing to the middle of the field, where Elliott ran free. Romo doesn’t have the same running threat as Prescott, and I would expect Elliott’s production to decline if Romo returns.

The Cowboys, from all indications, disagree with my assessment: Head coach Jason Garrett, owner/G.M. Jerry Jones and his son and right hand man Stephen Jones have all said that Romo remains the franchise quarterback and will start as soon as he’s healthy again.

I think that’s a mistake. Prescott is an outstanding young player who’s only going to get better. When you have a quarterback playing the way Prescott is playing, you don’t bench him.

After the Cowboys scored a touchdown to go up 28-0 in the third quarter, Romo could be seen celebrating on the sideline and saying, “It’s over.” He meant the Cowboys’ game against the Bengals. But he also could have been talking about his tenure as the Cowboys’ starting quarterback. Romo has had a fine career in Dallas, but there’s now a younger, better player ready to replace him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/10/10/nfl-morning-after-no-debate-dak-is-better-than-romo/

Good read. Good call by you too pointing out daks potential to bootleg kept the defense honest on that 60 yard Run. Take a rep

Last edited:
I feel for defensive coordinators that have to gameplan for the Cowboys. You can't stack the box because Dak is finding the open receivers. Then you cant play prevent because they will run it down your throat.

Interested to see how the Packers scheme on defense

Jerry may be they only person who can stop this offense

Last edited:
By the way, Essential, Zeke broke that 60 yarder because the defense was so worried about Dak rolling out and over committed to stopping the roll out.

Absolutely true..

One of my problems with Dak in the beginning that he's been making the corrections to and each week getting smarter with it, is that he's now learning that he can trust his legs.

I absolutely loved that he was willing to just put his head down and run, as seen on the TD rush last week, and a few times the couple weeks before.

He's got the ability to pick up easy yards a lot.

He's no Mike Vick, but he's no Peyton Manning either.

The fact that he's learning that his legs can be a weapon as well.. Is a plus.

Last edited:
Been impressed with Anthony Brown also. For a rookie playing in the slot hes making some nice plays. Hes going to be in for a huge test this week against Cobb in the slot. Maleik Collins also playing well on the d-line.

We better enjoy this year of Ron Leary because hes going to get paid by someone. Collins is more talented and is better in open space pulling but Leary has more of that mauler mentality and body type. Hes playing really well.

Big game this week, dont see Dez or Scan playing but other guys have been stepping up.

Unless Dak plays tenative or uncomfortable like week 1, I really don't see us losing to the Packers.

In short... Their defense isn't near as good as the numbers indicate, they'll forever be vulnerable as long as blitz happy Dom Capers is their d-coordinator, not to mention how bad they play against QB's that can move. An their offense up to this point really has been a shell of itself... overplay the back shoulder throw to Jordy and leave help over the top on his side and you've eliminated 40% of their offense.

Last edited:
Romo is gonna take us over the hump of being overlooked 

Romo needs to show he still has it first. I really don't want to see Romo in there unless we know we are getting 2014 Romo, not 2015 Romo.

And until we lose another game, I am good rolling with Dak. I like winning games, regardless of who is QB.

Last edited:
Who cares that we are being overlooked? :x

Jerry generally has us looking bad in the media, but now that I think about it, saying Romo is our starter period, ends (or should end) all that crap that goes on with a team with multiple starters. Generally this occurs with two back type qbs, but we got two legit starters, save the real decision for the offseason.

just a random thought while at work.:nerd:

Back
Top Bottom