The 50 Greatest Rappers of all time

Yea ghostface was too low I think. Overall list wasnt that bad though. A couple people I could think of putting at 50 before twista though.

50.Twista
twista.jpg

The king of the fast rap, this Chi-town native has been doing rapping circles around his peers for two decades, without showing the slightest hint of slowing down.

Classic: Kamikaze

49.The D.O.C
doc.jpg

Although he never got the credit he deserved for his behind the scenes work with NWA, D.O.C. was able to shine on his solo albums, where he showed the world his ability to rhyme. Despite a nearly fatal accident in 1989, he’s kept doing his thing, and is currently working on his fourth album.

Classics: Solo Album: Nobody Does It Better (Ghost-Wrote for Dre & Death Row)

48.Q-Tip
Qtip.jpg

Mellow as hell and whip-smart, Tip made Tribe one of the most influential rap groups of all time. His solo work can be just as fantastic, as 2008’s The Renaissance clearly showed.

Classics: The Low End Theory, Midnight Marauders

47. Immortal Technique
immortal.jpg

Felipe Coronel takes a page out of Chuck D’s book: telling the world the truth is his full time job and he won’t let get anything get in his way. He’s the model of righteous anger, a grumpy saint out to save the world from itself.

Classics: Revolutionary Volume 1 & 2.

46.E-40
e40.jpg

The king of Hyphy, E-40 has been going strong for years. Always representing the Bay, E’s energy and fearlessness set him apart from the pack.

Classics: In a Major Way, The Hall of Game

45.Big L
big_l.jpg

The master of the punchline and one of the original freestyle kings, Big L was the nastiest MC to come from 139th and Lenox. His hyperbolic threats and kinetic wordplay made him a rhymer to be reckoned with.

Classics: Lifestylez Ov Da Poor & Dangerous, The Big Picture

44.Ras Kass
raskass.jpg

Ras gets a lot of hate, for no particular reason. Another working man’s rapper, he sounds comfortable over almost any beat, and never seems at a loss for things to say.

Classic: Soul On Ice (Classic Track – Nature of the Threat

43.Jadakiss
jada.jpg

Whenever you hear Jada’s signature cackle, you know that it’s more likely than not that you’re about to hear some memorable bars. Whether with The Lox or going solo, Jadakiss has proved himself to be a true representative of the New York rap pantheon.

Classic: The Kiss of Death

42.Guru
guru.jpg

uru’s passing came as a shock to the entire world of rap, partly because it was surprising that someone so talented could be lost so suddenly. As the rhyming half of Gangstarr, Guru spit some of the cleanest verses ever heard, making the best of the immaculate production he was always provided with.

Classics: Hard to Earn, Moment of Truth

41.Ice-T
icet.jpg

Forget Law and Order. Forget Ice loves Coco. Forget “Soulja Boy can eat a ****

theres always gonna be disagrees on top whatever list. cause people have there own opinion. Number 1 was a lock after that idk. id put Em in front of face

lol what immortal tech is 47 and lil wayne is 36.
where the based god at sonn

They did say "Rappers" and not "lyricists".

Because of that, I think Chuck D should be much higher. But I'm not really THAT mad at this list.

While not really being a fan of lists in general.

You could also have any number of Wu dudes. Meth and Gza could be on. Redman. But they been quiet lately I suppose.

Originally Posted by zube42

Is this in numerical order? I saw Ghostface at 38 aand gave up on the list.
Exxxxactly where I stopped. They didn't even list Ironman under his classics.

I'm fine with the top 10 but everything else is irrelevant. No Lupe? Neither member of the Clipse?

This list is invalid for so many reasons, but with that being said...

NaSty and Pac as 1 and 2
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

But I put BIG at 3 jay 4 and whenever I see jay ahead of any of the other 3 I don't really mess with it. Understandable he's the biggest, but best...na hes not touchin those 3 if u ask me

completely disagree with the list except for nas

too short and lil wayne over ghost!!!????
laugh.gif

wheres cormega, prodigy, royce 5'9

JAY-Z not at number 1? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Not to mention Nas is number 1 when dude has had numerous failure albums and tracks.

LIST INVALID

Originally Posted by Antidope

JAY-Z not at number 1? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Not to mention Nas is number 1 when dude has had numerous failure albums and tracks.

LIST INVALID

Lets not act like Jay aint got no failure albums as well

Blueprint 2 & 3
Kingdom Come
Vol. 3

And i feel like Kanye West shouldn't be on this list #15? Come on now over the likes of Redman, KRS-One, Mos Def
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Antidope

JAY-Z not at number 1? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

LIST INVALID

illmatic is considered the greatest album ever by many. plus it was written, gods son, stillmatic and lost tapes were classics

They claimed Lil Wayne's classics are Carter 1 and Carter 3, if anything Carter 2 is the closest he ever got to a classic album..

Originally Posted by thekillerj23

They claimed Lil Wayne's classics are Carter 1 and Carter 3, if anything Carter 2 is the closest he ever got to a classic album..

1 >2>3

1 was his best. 3 was trash.

Back
Top Bottom