Thanksgiving 2022 - What are the plans and what is the best side dish?

ghenges

Supporter
Food Life thread is too discombobulated. This needs its own thread.

Stove Top stuffing for the win. I could eat a whole casserole dish of this by myself. Maybe 2.

Chilling with the fam, cooking and eating. Watching Planes, Trains and Automobiles and maybe some football.

WYD?

Favorite holiday 🔥

-Getting together with close and extended family around noon

-Watching both afternoon NFL games

-Dinner at 4 p.m. (Turkey, mashed potatoes, cranberries, stuffing, snacking on homemade Chex-Mix)

-My dad and I attending Patriots at Vikings night game, which was my present to him in September for his birthday

I’ll be at work and won’t be home until about 10ish.

A19DBC56-64D8-45D8-8864-66D19B05485A.gif

Funny I see this thread after finishing a test batch of garlic mashed potatoes. I don’t really cook sides but we’re hosting family and I need to contribute something other than buttering the dinner rolls :lol:

Doing smoked tri-tip instead of a bird. Mac n cheese, collards, dressing, mashed potatoes, and apple/pear crisps for dessert. Also doing a batch bourbon punch.

The usual with the family. Me and my ole lady usually swing by my grandmothers first and eat good. Then we have to drive, which feels like the other side of the country, to hang with her family. I'm hoping to be back home about 7ish/8ish having a cocktail and smoking a cigar while watching football to cap off the day.

Smoking a turkey again this year after it was a successast year. Sides are- fresh garlic mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, stuffing, corn, rolls and some pies for dessert....Hopefully a Giants win too

Me my girl and some friends are celebrating together, her neighbor is making the turkey while she holds the sides and I am copping the deserts (pie)

Gonna kick back and relax and watch some football

Let's see some plates. We're a couple hours out. Enjoying a whiskey and watching World Cup while my turkey and stuffing bakes. Wife is taking care of greens, mac, potatoes and sweet potato pie.

Back
Top Bottom