Texas Teen Could Go to Prison for 8 Years because of Sarcastic Remark on League of Legends

Not sure if this has already been posted but I thought it was pretty messed up to make an example of this kid.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/06/27/t...-joke-during-video-game-is-jailed-for-months/

That's insane. Read the article, signed the petition.

What's worse is the YouTube comments saying that it was the right thing to do.

Sheesh. This is pure foolishness. How the hell did lady go back and find that he said that. Smh

Her sarcasm meter is broken, but don't joke about stuff like that now and days.

I had people giving me the side eye when I went into the store and bought a pressure cooker

He shoild go to prison just so he can have one of the funniest how i ended up in prison stories.

Derail thread for a moment but the dudes collection is sick
People always go for the easy target which is videogames but I do agree to an extent that some videogames play a role in violence displayed by young kids(but to even argue my point I feel people aren't parents anymore and truly have no involvement in their child's hobbies or development and television and movie violence is just as worst) but to get 8 years for a conversation between you and another person is quite insane
I am truly going to watch what I say on NT from now on lol

Dude TOTALLY deserves to go to jail.

I think I see what was did here. If so, point taken.

Why I don't think he deserves to go to jail, I also don't think the person that told was wrong for not being able judge if he was truly being sarcastic.

The post I quoted above serve as a small example. The OP was clearly being sarcastic with his post, which he indicated by capitalizing "TOTALLY". Yet the person that replied obliviously couldn't tell. We see this a lot on social networks. Where jokes or certain statements are sometimes taken seriously because one was not able judge the sarcasm in the statement.

Last edited:
How can someone from Canada get him arrested in America?

Had to celebrate his birthday behind bars :stoneface:

he said he was going to eat their beating hearts.

jesus christ, he may be an insensitive prick you may have to look over him and investigate but did should've never spent longer than 48 hours in jail.

sad world we live in.

the us police state. getting worse and worse, and all our fraud and criminal activities are being exposed each day.

Wonder if people will stop saying wild **** during online gaming sessions now..

He shouldn't be in jail or have to go to jail. But seriously who the hell says "I’m going to go shoot up a school full of kids and eat their still, beating hearts,’.. even if you are joking that's still a sick *** thing to say.

Back
Top Bottom