Tempurpedic beds- Who's got one, is it worth it, any opportunities for deals??

I was thinking about shopping around for one of these..  What's your experience from these or anything gained from word of mouth?  Are they pretty good?  Are there any bargains ever?  I'm sure this is like the apple of furniture where nothing is ever on sale.  Let me know..  There's so many different models to choose from!

I was thinking about shopping around for one of these..  What's your experience from these or anything gained from word of mouth?  Are they pretty good?  Are there any bargains ever?  I'm sure this is like the apple of furniture where nothing is ever on sale.  Let me know..  There's so many different models to choose from!

Comfy.

/Thread.

129142984163497692.jpg

haha.

I thought about it, but smashing must be incredibly hard without that bounce on these things... I'd rather have a better smash and a good sleep, than a worse smash and an awesome sleep...

I thought about it, but smashing must be incredibly hard without that bounce on these things... I'd rather have a better smash and a good sleep, than a worse smash and an awesome sleep...

Well they're temperature sensitive, so if your room is cold, they'll feel like a brick, too hot and it'll feel mushy. room temp is recommended.
They got a 20 year warranty and the price ranges from about (in queen sizes) $1800- 4000.

I personally like the supreme cloud.
It's alot more soft than the other versions.

Well they're temperature sensitive, so if your room is cold, they'll feel like a brick, too hot and it'll feel mushy. room temp is recommended.
They got a 20 year warranty and the price ranges from about (in queen sizes) $1800- 4000.

I personally like the supreme cloud.
It's alot more soft than the other versions.

Been considering one of these lately. I was told by a sales person that the advantagebed version is more "cool" to the body so it's not as hot in the summer, which is one of the biggest complaint about this bed. I would like to hear more opinions if it is worth the price.

Been considering one of these lately. I was told by a sales person that the advantagebed version is more "cool" to the body so it's not as hot in the summer, which is one of the biggest complaint about this bed. I would like to hear more opinions if it is worth the price.

Wow, have been waiting for this EXACT thread to pop up...
My girlfriend who demands the room be effing blazing hot at all times (she claims it's a "Mexican thing"
eyes.gif
) and YES the bed is a soft warm sponge at times like that, to me, quite uncomfortable.

At room temp the bed feels great, much more firm and the likes, and when its cold it is indeed a bit stiff....

Now on to the best part:
I got the damn thing for FREE....was cruising the craigslist free section and came across a "free tempurpedic" lo and behold some rich swedish couple had complained about their mattress being "too soft and defective" to tempurpedic.  I suppose either because tempurpedic cannot resell and shipping back to them would be a ton anyhow they sent this family a second mattress no questions asked...So these folks were just giving it away!
pimp.gif
  I had the mattress in the back of a rental uhaul van within the hour. and since the cover is removable/washable i had a "like new" tempurpedic
eek.gif

...wow, i've been waiting for this story to become relevant forever
laugh.gif
thanks OP

Cruise craigslist free for stuff, especially if you're in major metropolitan areas (narrow neighborhood to nice neighborhoods in search filter to save time
glasses.gif

Wow, have been waiting for this EXACT thread to pop up...
My girlfriend who demands the room be effing blazing hot at all times (she claims it's a "Mexican thing"
eyes.gif
) and YES the bed is a soft warm sponge at times like that, to me, quite uncomfortable.

At room temp the bed feels great, much more firm and the likes, and when its cold it is indeed a bit stiff....

Now on to the best part:
I got the damn thing for FREE....was cruising the craigslist free section and came across a "free tempurpedic" lo and behold some rich swedish couple had complained about their mattress being "too soft and defective" to tempurpedic.  I suppose either because tempurpedic cannot resell and shipping back to them would be a ton anyhow they sent this family a second mattress no questions asked...So these folks were just giving it away!
pimp.gif
  I had the mattress in the back of a rental uhaul van within the hour. and since the cover is removable/washable i had a "like new" tempurpedic
eek.gif

...wow, i've been waiting for this story to become relevant forever
laugh.gif
thanks OP

Cruise craigslist free for stuff, especially if you're in major metropolitan areas (narrow neighborhood to nice neighborhoods in search filter to save time
glasses.gif

my dad got one in his guest room. i used to use it for smashin back in highschool cause i dont have sex in my bed. some people complain about it not havin that extra bounce like a regular bed but i dont mind cause it makes me work harder & i like to exert myself physically while smashin. its real comfortable to sleep on too

my dad got one in his guest room. i used to use it for smashin back in highschool cause i dont have sex in my bed. some people complain about it not havin that extra bounce like a regular bed but i dont mind cause it makes me work harder & i like to exert myself physically while smashin. its real comfortable to sleep on too

Don't have one, but I have a posturpedic. I tried both at the mattress place when I was shopping at and thought the posturpedic was more comfortable...forms around you better when you sleep too.

Don't have one, but I have a posturpedic. I tried both at the mattress place when I was shopping at and thought the posturpedic was more comfortable...forms around you better when you sleep too.

My friend bought one recently...He said it's around $1,300...
ohwell.gif
I want one though, but too much bread.

Back
Top Bottom