Technical Support Thread Vol. I don't know?

I think that there should be a thread in here for general computer help, not in terms of, "Which is better a MAC or a PC?", but more along the lines of, "My hard drive crashed and I need to know how to recover the data off of it to put on a new machine." "My computer has a virus, what is the best way to remove it?"

Blah, blah, blah. I think it would help the community to understand the best practices of keeping a machine up and running/repairing a damaged/infected machine.

Flame on, but I think its a great idea.....
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

I think that there should be a thread in here for general computer help, not in terms of, "Which is better a MAC or a PC?", but more along the lines of, "My hard drive crashed and I need to know how to recover the data off of it to put on a new machine." "My computer has a virus, what is the best way to remove it?"

Blah, blah, blah. I think it would help the community to understand the best practices of keeping a machine up and running/repairing a damaged/infected machine.

Flame on, but I think its a great idea.....
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

I was just about to make a thread with a question...

So, I made a video with Windows Movie Maker (I have Windows 7) but the project won't save as a movie only as a MSWMM. Then I downloaded 3 different converters to convert it into a different type of file. None of them worked. Can somebody help me!?

So, I made a video with Windows Movie Maker (I have Windows 7) but the project won't save as a movie only as a MSWMM. Then I downloaded 3 different converters to convert it into a different type of file. None of them worked. Can somebody help me!?

Originally Posted by AMafia

Quick Google said: OK... open Windows Movie Maker, and Highlight your file on thecollections list. When this is highlighted, click "save movie" on thetop toolbar... (DO NOT CLICK FILE> SAVE AS... this will only save itagain as MSWMM file)... once u have clicked Save Movie, a box willappear... click OK, and it will download files off the net to convertto a WMV file automatically. If you have any problems, let me know
smile.gif

Quick Google said: OK... open Windows Movie Maker, and Highlight your file on thecollections list. When this is highlighted, click "save movie" on thetop toolbar... (DO NOT CLICK FILE> SAVE AS... this will only save itagain as MSWMM file)... once u have clicked Save Movie, a box willappear... click OK, and it will download files off the net to convertto a WMV file automatically. If you have any problems, let me know
smile.gif

Originally Posted by monkeyman2

smile.gif

It does not come up on the collections list.

smile.gif

smile.gif

I am no Windows 7 person but:

Part 1. How to convert MSWMM to WMV in Windows Movie Maker?

A *.MSWMM is a project file of Windows Movie Maker; it is not avideo file (more like a record file). You can open *.MSWMM file inWindows Movie Maker(click "File -> Open Project Project...") andsave the movie to your computer: go to the "Tasks" bar, click "FinishMovie" and then click "Save to my computer".

Then Windows Movie Maker will ask you to enter a file name for yourmovie and choose a folder to save your movie. The movie will be savedas a WMV file in the PC.

smile.gif

A *.MSWMM is a project file of Windows Movie Maker; it is not avideo file (more like a record file). You can open *.MSWMM file inWindows Movie Maker(click "File -> Open Project Project...") andsave the movie to your computer: go to the "Tasks" bar, click "FinishMovie" and then click "Save to my computer".

Then Windows Movie Maker will ask you to enter a file name for yourmovie and choose a folder to save your movie. The movie will be savedas a WMV file in the PC.

smile.gif

See, when I do that after 27% loading it tells me theres an error..
tired.gif

smile.gif

See, when I do that after 27% loading it tells me theres an error..
tired.gif

^^ Said error??

It tells me to check my space and make sure all the files are valid. The computer has a LOAD of free space and the files are valid.

^^ Said error??

It tells me to check my space and make sure all the files are valid. The computer has a LOAD of free space and the files are valid.

^^ Said error??

Are you by accident saving it to like a thumb drive you have plugged in? Can you see the file being created temporarily while converting to said location?

^^ Said error??

Are you by accident saving it to like a thumb drive you have plugged in? Can you see the file being created temporarily while converting to said location?

^^ Said error??

I'm saving it straight to my videos section on the PC. I even tried to save it as a shortcut/folder/document.

^^ Said error??

I'm saving it straight to my videos section on the PC. I even tried to save it as a shortcut/folder/document.

^^ Said error??

Can you do a print screen of the error so that I may see it? Thanks.

^^ Said error??

^^ Said error??

4e7264b5dc1a820fba1376f3c352bf83e3a6f996.png

Back
Top Bottom