T-MOBILE BLACKBERRY IN CANADA?????????????????

If I buy a T-mobile branded Blackberry Bold( They use SIM cards) in the US and bring it up to Canada.  What are my options for using it in Canada? Will Rogers or Fido let you use it on their network or would I have to use a pay-as -you go service?

If I buy a T-mobile branded Blackberry Bold( They use SIM cards) in the US and bring it up to Canada.  What are my options for using it in Canada? Will Rogers or Fido let you use it on their network or would I have to use a pay-as -you go service?

All you have to do is unlock that BB and your good to go.
Any cellular provider that uses sim card will be able to use.
Cept wind I think the phone must have 1700Mhz network.

http://freemyblackberry.com/freecode.html
You can get the code there to unlock your BB.
It's free and legit.
Hope that helps.

All you have to do is unlock that BB and your good to go.
Any cellular provider that uses sim card will be able to use.
Cept wind I think the phone must have 1700Mhz network.

http://freemyblackberry.com/freecode.html
You can get the code there to unlock your BB.
It's free and legit.
Hope that helps.

Originally Posted by ElijahDukes

i think for mobilicity it works if its unlocked

Whats Mobilicity is that new company?

I've only heard of
Bell
Rogers
Telus
Fido
Wind
Kodoo
Solo Mobile

I've only heard of
Bell
Rogers
Telus
Fido
Wind
Kodoo
Solo Mobile

I've only heard of
Bell
Rogers
Telus
Fido
Wind
Kodoo
Solo Mobile

I've only heard of
Bell
Rogers
Telus
Fido
Wind
Kodoo
Solo Mobile

^^ Mobilicity are one of the new company that launch with, Wind, Chatr, and Public Mobile.

^^ Mobilicity are one of the new company that launch with, Wind, Chatr, and Public Mobile.

Are you sure mobilicity allows customers to activate cell phones other than their own brand?
Ive been thinking about going to Mobilicity or a cheap phone company and just buying an unlocked phone haha

Are you sure mobilicity allows customers to activate cell phones other than their own brand?
Ive been thinking about going to Mobilicity or a cheap phone company and just buying an unlocked phone haha

if you have an unlocked phone and it's compatible with the providers frequency band then you shouldn't have any issues going with them.

if you have an unlocked phone and it's compatible with the providers frequency band then you shouldn't have any issues going with them.

Originally Posted by SELFMADEAPPAREL

I read Mobilicity and Wind use phones that are compatible with T-Mobile phones. The bad things about those companies are they also have coverage except 5 Major cities

I read Mobilicity and Wind use phones that are compatible with T-Mobile phones. The bad things about those companies are they also have coverage except 5 Major cities

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

do you mean IN 5 major cities? not true, i was able to use my mobilicity phone in NYC and roaming fees were cheap.

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

do you mean IN 5 major cities? not true, i was able to use my mobilicity phone in NYC and roaming fees were cheap.

Wind and Mobilicity use AWS (1700/2100) which is another form of GSM.

Their phones can work with each other's networks and T-Mobile also has phones that work with AWS.

All you have to do is look at the box or ask the person you're buying it from if it has the frequencies you need and make sure it's a 3G phone.

If you use a 3G or 4G T-Mobile blackberry on Rogers, Bell, Telus, Fido or Chatr you will only get 2G speeds because of the difference in networks.

A sim card at Wind is $25 and I believe Mobilicty is the same.

Pulic Mobile uses CDMA and will not work with GSM.

Their phones can work with each other's networks and T-Mobile also has phones that work with AWS.

All you have to do is look at the box or ask the person you're buying it from if it has the frequencies you need and make sure it's a 3G phone.

If you use a 3G or 4G T-Mobile blackberry on Rogers, Bell, Telus, Fido or Chatr you will only get 2G speeds because of the difference in networks.

Originally Posted by iamsaikotic

SIM Card at Mobilicity is $20, i'm actually getting a t-mobile blackberry sometime this week and unlocking it myself to use for mobilicity
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by iamsaikotic

SIM Card at Mobilicity is $20, i'm actually getting a t-mobile blackberry sometime this week and unlocking it myself to use for mobilicity
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom