Supra Skytop ‘Moonwalker’ Heat Sensitive Customs

I know there is an unofficial Supra thread but this one deserves its own and rightly so. I like Skytops to begin with but this one is pretty sick. I don'tthink they will ever release these joints though. Enjoy the pics.

Taken from Sneakerobsession.com:

supra-skytop-moonwalker-custom-sneakers.jpg

The passing of Michael Jackson a few days ago was truly an unfortunate event. The King of Pop inspired many and helped shape pop culture and make it what itis today. In his honor, and for the Sole Collector custom sneaker battle, QustomQueen has put together these custom sneakers known as the Moonwalker Supra Skytops. Believe it or not though, the sneakers were designed waybefore the passing of Michael Jackson a few days ago on June 25th. What was once a sneaker honored to MJ is now a tribute to MJ and the memories andimpressions he has left in the music industry.

Qustom Queen designed the Supra Skytop 'Moonwalker' customs with a colorway similar to the Moonwalker movie poster. First off silver was added onthe heel panels of the sneakers to represent the fact that Michael changes to a car, then later to a robot in the 1988 Moonwalker movie. The black panels whichwere done up next have a very subtle galaxy theme going on, one so subtle that it may even be a little hard to notice at first. The side of the upper andacross the tongue theres a rainbow design which was done with heat sensitive paints. The heat sensitive paint makes the rainbow design change colors, gettingmore brighter once the sneakers/paint heats up. The lace covers display a portrait of MJ's face and is also done in heat sensitive paints. When the paintheats up Jackson's face changes and becomes lighter. As Questom Queen puts it "they go from Thriller MJ to Moonwalker MJ."

After the jump you can find plenty of more detailed pictures of the Supra Skytop 'Moonwalker' custom sneakers, as well as a video of the lovelyQustom Queen showing off the sneakers.

supra-skytop-moonwalker-custom-sneakers-2.jpg

supra-skytop-moonwalker-custom-sneakers-3.jpg

supra-skytop-moonwalker-custom-sneakers-4.jpg

supra-skytop-moonwalker-custom-sneakers-5.jpg

supra-skytop-moonwalker-custom-sneakers-6.jpg

They look terrible!....creative and all, and a cool concept, but I just can't picture Mike's face on the whole front of my sneaks!....R.I.P. MJ though!

Originally Posted by just4kickz

use the studded supra skytop

what do studs have to do with moonwalker, or MJ at all? i applaud the effort and homage, but i dont think these do him justice.

Back
Top Bottom