Street gangs, Masons, political parties, fraternities... what's the difference?

On a fundamental tip, what's the difference? Each "group" has colors, signs, handshakes, secret agenda's, etc...

EDIT: Middle-finger you Benny..
laugh.gif

Oh lord Rilla....

What have you started.....
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

I know what you're getting at....But...

This is prolly gonna end up going on a total tangent...

I didn't start %@@@ Dre. I'm just about to tell some people the God's honest truth as soon as I feel the need to...

^Come on man, this IS a serious topic so keep it moving if you aren't gonna say something relevent. I didn't make this thread for shock value.

^I gotta see just how far out-to-sea some people are before I reel they +%$ back in to dry land, you feel me?

expect a bunch of people to come in with "oh, political parties don't kill people, you can't compare them to gangs" and completely miss thepoint

i agree.... fundamentally, they are the same thing. what are you getting at though?

^You hit the nail on the head. In order to say they'll miss the point, you must already know what point I intend to make. It looks like I may not have toargue afterall though...ahh man! :/

Well, from the little I know about the Divine 9....they are founded on specific principles that I'm sure gangs were not. So....I'd say, fundamentallythere are differences between gangs and frats/sorors. For the most part, gangs grew out of a need for people to protect themselves from other groups. Now,gangs STILL serve out of need to protect ones self...but not other racial groups or authority figures, but other people in the neighborhood and @#@ like that.

Frats/soros are definitely more than handshakes and colors; FUNDAMENTALLY. I will say though that probably some of the core basics of frats/sorors get lostwhen you have people who join them for the wrong reason (popularity, connections, etc.)

Fundamentally, all groups are suppose to represent brotherhood and the members of each respective group have a common goal. The one main difference with streetgangs is the common goal is usually money. With money, there is no trust on the streets because everyone is looking out for themselves. Business will overridebrotherhood as quickly as a slug could take away a life.

I think street gangs get a bad rep though. I think street gangs could be useful to the community , more useful than the police. I can't respect streetgangs that terrorize their own community and innocent people. Taxin and extortin poor people is not gangsta. They should be the people street gangs should beprotecting from harm. If the object is money, what's the purpose of terror? I don't respect none of that tough guy, sign throwin, +@#+$#%% if you notabout protecting the innocent.

Trust me, frats are no different in principle.... and yes, there are always gonna be ppl that get down just to be down. There's a fake democrat on yourblock too. I BET you that __ don't go vote...

it aint like the 80s no more baby...WE USED TO HAVE DRUG GANGS!!!
NO ONE GOT SHOT! unless you sold outside your turf.
now adays cats is fighting for women and blocks they dont own!

GET MONEY!!!

(not exactly word for word...but duke da god said that on more than just music vol2 i belive)

and thats real talk. only a few of the groups u named are all about money

At the end of the day...it's ALWAYS about money. What else can the most powerful ppl in the world still want more of?

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

Trust me, frats are no different in principle.... and yes, there are always gonna be ppl that get down just to be down. There's a fake democrat on your block too. I BET you that __ don't go vote...
realest %@$+ you ever wrote.

right on folks... you know I like to keep it 100. We got Barack' campaign combing the block as I type this. Pops got the campagn trail on the kitchen TV,cooking "breakfast" and %!$+ (yeah it's almost noon! __ we on C.P.T.). So you know I gotta go be counted.

Good question and I say the samething everytime the subject of gangs is brought up on here "THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE".

Street gangs, Masons, political parties, fraternities....,ect they all are in more ways than one their all connected in some way.A street gangs membercouldn't get his hands on a ak47 unless someone brought it here through a port,gun show,smuggled it,ect.and that couldn't happen unless someone passlaws...you get the point.Its all one big mess but we as most americans dont pay attention to that,we just pay attention to the news when the headlines read"Gang member shoots and kills young man with an illegal gun in an attempted carjacking"

Back
Top Bottom