Stonger Arm: Philip Rivers or Chad Pennington?

Seriously... I knew arm strength was never one of rivers assets but..
eek.gif
Ididn't know he had a real deal paper boy arm.. he shoulda played baseball as a kid

Philip has shown his arm strength at times

Chad is way more accurate

I get the feeling that Philip is too scared to go with his reads and he just shotputs that thing in there like a (())

example: those swings to LT that just get him shaking his head after the incompletion

a completion to VJackson and Gates tonight..

couple years ago with that game winning TD pass to Jackson...

Now, I've never seen him throw a bomb like a Favre or a Cutler though

i dont know.. after watching tonight's game i just lost so much respect for rivers as a player.. Dude looked SOOOOO pathetic out there to me tonight.. Iwas lightweight faded but.. That chris chambers underthrow was
grin.gif
it wasonly like 40-45 yards.. Dude's arm strength is HORRIBLE, and he nuts up in the pocket..

Rivers got added to my garbage can list..

dont know.. after watching tonight's game i just lost so much respect for rivers as a player.. Dude looked SOOOOO pathetic out there to me tonight.. I was lightweight faded but.. That chris chambers underthrow was
grin.gif
it was only like 40-45 yards.. Dude's arm strength is HORRIBLE, and he nuts up in the pocket..

Rivers got added to my garbage can list..
I really think Rivers problem is mechanical more so that pure lack of arm strength. I have seen him put mustard on the ball and then I have seenhe throw complete ducks. I think he lacks consistency more then anything but he still just isnt very good he been on my garbage list. The Chargers would beROLLING with Drew Bress, LT, Chambers, Gates, Jackson and Norv ROLLING.

The Chargers would be ROLLING with Drew Bress, LT, Chambers, Gates, Jackson and Norv ROLLING.

co-sign....

I think I have to go with Pennington for having the stronger arm. Rivers has the benefit of playing in nice weather for a lot of his games, and Chad DOES haveto fight the elements more than Rivers/Chargers. I guess CP by default....

Maybe this is a thread for another day, but is there anyone in the NFL who throws an uglier ball than:

p1_mcnair_presswire.jpg

couldn't throw a spiral if his life depended on it....that deep ball he throws is very close to going end over end....

definitely rivers.

dude's mechanics and footwork are just sloppy though. he doesn't step into his throws and he always looks like he's scared in the pocket.

i also think dude has no room to be talking trash. [ ] word to champ bailey. [ ]

matt wilhelm and shaun phillips could talk. they've actually made more good plays than bad. but rivers? quite the opposite if you ask me.

as the season's progress, i've become less and less of a fan of rivers. i still support him as he's my team's QB, but it doesn't mean ihave to like dude..

i'm a charger fan, but if we can only go as far as philip rivers can take us, then i'm not too confident about anything come playoff time.

Rivers by a country mile. My sister can throw farther than Chad

actually when chad was healthy last yr, his deep ball was pretty consistent. it just has a lot of air underneath it because he doesnt have a strong arm. as faras rivers, i havent seen him much, but when i have, it seems like he lacks confidence. LT's body language after every incomplettion doesnt exactly help

actually when chad was healthy last yr, his deep ball was pretty consistent.
His deep ball is always consistent because he is very accurate. He just does not have the velocity to make any plays with it. He cannot fitanything in anyones window.

Rivers on the other hand his arm isnt Carson Palmer but its not Matt Leinart either. But he is really hurt by his mechanics. Hopefully Norv can get him ontrack.

Originally Posted by d0nt w0rry about it

definitely rivers.

dude's mechanics and footwork are just sloppy though. he doesn't step into his throws and he always looks like he's scared in the pocket.

i also think dude has no room to be talking trash. [ ] word to champ bailey. [ ]

matt wilhelm and shaun phillips could talk. they've actually made more good plays than bad. but rivers? quite the opposite if you ask me.

as the season's progress, i've become less and less of a fan of rivers. i still support him as he's my team's QB, but it doesn't mean i have to like dude..

i'm a charger fan, but if we can only go as far as philip rivers can take us, then i'm not too confident about anything come playoff time.

Speak on it D.W.A.I.

I've been getting blasted by fellow Charger fans for hating on Rivers.

I'll eat the crow for hating on Brees. Right about now, I wish we would have kept Brees instead. But you know Rivers is AJ's boy so I know whereI'm pointing the finger.

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

Speak on it D.W.A.I.

I've been getting blasted by fellow Charger fans for hating on Rivers.

I'll eat the crow for hating on Brees. Right about now, I wish we would have kept Brees instead. But you know Rivers is AJ's boy so I know where I'm pointing the finger.
word. the whole brees situation was just weird though. brees had that torn labrum and partially torn rotator cuff, so i can't really blame AJ forsending brees packing and handing the reigns to rivers.

i don't see what's so wrong with being critical of the starting QB. we had to go through this with ryan leaf, moses moreno, craig whelihan, jimharbaugh, doug flutie, and drew brees when he sucked. what do you expect? the quarterback position for the chargers has always been a topic of relevance forsan diego chargers fans for years and rivers' inconsistent play has been a cause for concern. do we want billy volek in there? hell no. do we want riversto play better? most definitely.

Originally Posted by RocAFellaYall

who QB'd the Chargers to the 94' Super Bowl when they played the 49ers?.....Just wondering

Stan "the Man" Humphries.

Dude's head was so big he had to wear a custom helmet with less padding inside. Probably explains why his career ended due to concussions. At least he gota ring with the ******** backing up Mark Rypien prior to the Chargers.

Back
Top Bottom