Stephon Marbury First Game Stats In CBA

Not really bad for someone who hasn't played since last year game vs the magics in the playoffs.

15 points, eight assists, four rebounds and four steals but they lost though.

i can see him doing big there...just give a lil time.

[h2]Marbury Makes First Appearance In China[/h2]
Feb 02, 2010 4:37 PM EST

nba_40.gif
Former NBA star Stephon Marbury made his first appearance for his new team, Shanxi, on Monday.

Shanxi lost 102-101 to Dongguan Marco Polo as Marbury recorded 15 points, eight assists, four rebounds and four steals.

"The time difference is a big problem," Marbury told The Post viaSkype. "I wake up early, in the middle of the night, and stay up mostof the day. It stinks. I have not played since the last game againstthe Magic [in the second round of the playoffs last May]. So I wastired. I played 28 minutes, all of the fourth quarter. Talk about beingtired. Wow. It was fun being out there though."

Marbury reportedly passed up a final shot with five seconds remaining as Shanxi lost.

One of my favorite NBA players. It's a shame he's still not playing right now.

HE is done in the NBA...This move wasn't for basketball, it was to expand his brand in China. For all the hate on Steph, he ain't a dumb dude.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

HE is done in the NBA...This move wasn't for basketball, it was to expand his brand in China. For all the hate on Steph, he ain't a dumb dude.
ge that money
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

geT* that money
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Word, definitely a smart business move on his part.

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

Not really bad for someone who hasn't played since last year game vs the magics in the playoffs.

nba_40.gif
Former NBA star Stephon Marbury made his first appearance for his new team, Shanxi, on Monday.

Shanxi lost 102-101 to Dongguan Marco Polo as Marbury recorded 15 points, eight assists, four rebounds and four steals.

"The time difference is a big problem," Marbury told The Post viaSkype. "I wake up early, in the middle of the night, and stay up mostof the day. It stinks. I have not played since the last game againstthe Magic [in the second round of the playoffs last May]. So I wastired. I played 28 minutes, all of the fourth quarter. Talk about beingtired. Wow. It was fun being out there though."

Marbury reportedly passed up a final shot with five seconds remaining as Shanxi lost.
I see KG rubbed off on him.

Originally Posted by SenatorJeffSmith

nba_40.gif

eek.gif
roll.gif

I've always wondered how the competition over there in the CBA or professional basketball in Asia is..

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
at Smush Parker being 4th in the league in assists and 3rd in the league in steals.
laugh.gif

wow, looking at some of those names. Smush, Collins, samake... Next time there's a milk carton thread, you gotta head to that site first. So what is there pro league equivalent to here. D1, D2, d3???

Originally Posted by aastatic

Originally Posted by romedadude

Don't put much into these stats guys. All American players in the CBA put up HUGE numbers.

http://www.asia-basket.co...asketball-League-CBA.asp

Scroll to the bottom of that page and look at the league leaders
Haha Andre Emmit leading the league, I remember him back at tech with Booby Knight.

i remember too 
laugh.gif
 didnt he win one of those college slam dunk contests as well? 
nerd.gif

i bet these guys are enjoying playing overseas

smushed parker is ballin'
laugh.gif

i remember i read somewhere that scott burell was ballin' in the PBA

Originally Posted by SenatorJeffSmith

nba_40.gif

laugh.gif

saw his highlights on sportscenter... Steph and Mo Taylor its like the 04 Knicks
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

but nah Steph looked good out there, he looks quick and seems to be in really good shape im still rooting for him

HE is done in the NBA...This move wasn't for basketball, it wasto expand his brand in China. For all the hate on Steph, he ain't adumb dude.

co #$%!*%+ sign with that

Back
Top Bottom