Stay/get back in shape...Vol: Motivation

Originally Posted by d0njaye

Originally Posted by NavyBoy24

Appreciate the info..

Well my goals are to reduce my Bf % back to 6% [its curretly 12%] and to bulk up a bit while getting ripped in the mid section as well, that's the reason im running in the morning.

Im also taking Amplified wheybolic and creatine mono. The guy at GNC told me that I shouldn't be OD'n on cardio Because it takes away the water that's sappose to be going to my muscles from the creatine thus probably making the Creatine effect useless.

I am just going to take away running at all and just rely on the Insanity workout [it alone is hell] to get a good cardio/resistance training and continue to hit the gym and do the partial seal workout
i assume you're cutting..so based on your goal (reducing bodyfat %) there's really no point in taking creatine.
this is not true at all.

doubled up today, did back and tris
the rec here at UO is weak when it comes to back equipment
but it did feel great to just single out tris or bi; my arms have gotten smaller
since coming to school, and i've lost weight too >L<<br /> I was at 142 by the end of summer now i'm back to 136
Trying to get to 150 or give a few by winter
but definitely felt good to isolate arms again
usually i do a pretty good job isolating muscles when workn a specific group

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

Originally Posted by d0njaye

Appreciate the info..

Well my goals are to reduce my Bf % back to 6% [its curretly 12%] and to bulk up a bit while getting ripped in the mid section as well, that's the reason im running in the morning.

Im also taking Amplified wheybolic and creatine mono. The guy at GNC told me that I shouldn't be OD'n on cardio Because it takes away the water that's sappose to be going to my muscles from the creatine thus probably making the Creatine effect useless.

I am just going to take away running at all and just rely on the Insanity workout [it alone is hell] to get a good cardio/resistance training and continue to hit the gym and do the partial seal workout
i assume you're cutting..so based on your goal (reducing bodyfat %) there's really no point in taking creatine.
this is not true at all.
im obviously not a nutrionist or anything, but im assuming that creatine will retain some extra water weight, and cause a little bit of bloating?if anything no more then 2-5 grams total of mono during pre/post-workout. but if anybody can elaborate that would be good..

Originally Posted by DaBuddhaWitJays

Leg day. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I feel your pain. Just did legs today. Squats, Hack Squats, Calf raises, and Barbell Lunges...needless to say muscle spasams. I can feel them growing though
tongue.gif

DISCLAIMER
I recommend no one practice this

I was on the way to the gym so I took my creatine. Phone rang ended up being a girl. Skipped Gym and Wow I had soooo much energy I was an animal she was cryingand %%%*. I swear at one point when she was tired and wanted to stop I was going to hump her leg

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

DISCLAIMER

I was on the way to the gym so I took my creatine. Phone rang ended up being a girl. Skipped Gym and Wow I had soooo much energy I was an animal she was crying and %%%*. I swear at one point when she was tired and wanted to stop I was going to hump her leg
From creatine??

It wasnt the creatine.

guys, what new chest workouts do you reccomend?

i feel like my chest growth/strength has plateaued

the exercises that ive done regularly (not all in one day, but just workouts ive done before) are flat bench, incline bench, flat/incline/decline dumbell,dumbell flys, and some machines

ive been thinking about doing rest pause. should I go with new chest workouts before starting the rest pause method?

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

DISCLAIMER

I was on the way to the gym so I took my creatine. Phone rang ended up being a girl. Skipped Gym and Wow I had soooo much energy I was an animal she was crying and %%%*. I swear at one point when she was tired and wanted to stop I was going to hump her leg
anyway i was up here looking at my pics of my body and i was looking at week one compared to now.......ive came a loooooong way
pimp.gif

Leg day. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Whats so bad about leg days? Today was my leg day and it was nice, once i get pass the squatting the rest is a walk in the park. Just squatting takes ALOT outof u. What u do for ur leg work outs?

Naw im trying to cut down my bodyfat while at the same time bulkin up and building muscle just a bit..

So far the creatine has not caused any bloating at all. I went to GNC today and i have turned in my AMP Creatine 189 to the old fashion creatine mono.

Ok. I need some advice.

I was doing deadlifts... I'm sure I've been doing them wrong for awhile now.

But anyways, problem is, when I start pulling it up, and driving my heels down, my back arches.

Is it because I'm using too much weight?

Also... My lower back is sore. Is it supposed to be? LMAO

I'm hoping I didn't screw something up.

Any input would be appreciated.

I never been a creatine dude. And honestly I have quite a bit of it. I'd just give it to someone free if u pay shipping. I got some of the Adenotrex (fasttwitch muscle) creatine and like an almost full bottle of GNC Creastack

But anyways, if anyone wants a weight set for home, sears.com has this Weider olympic 300lb set for 99$ and free shipping. These are cast iron weights withrubber on the outside

00615738000-1

Originally Posted by scmtkings4

the exercises that ive done regularly (not all in one day, but just workouts ive done before) are flat bench, incline bench, flat/incline/decline dumbell, dumbell flys, and some machines

ive been thinking about doing rest pause. should I go with new chest workouts before starting the rest pause method?

Try supersets. I've been having a similar problem, but I did 5 rep dumbell bench and 5 reps of dumbell flys supersets (you should really struggle to getthat 5th rep, if not, up your weight). Go slow and do 5 sets. Rest a minute and a half b/w sets and start again. My chest was sore as hell for three days afterthis and it felt good to change it up a little. I believe this is a modified version of GVT, but I'm not completely sure. Just a suggestion.

For deadlifts, when you bring the weight down, are you suppose to rest all of the weight on the floor?

Every since I've been doing them, as soon as the plates tap the floor, I go back up.

Originally Posted by SNEAKERKING757

For deadlifts, when you bring the weight down, are you suppose to rest all of the weight on the floor?

Every since I've been doing them, as soon as the plates tap the floor, I go back up.
i was always taught to let the weight settle on the ground and then go again

Originally Posted by Matt53

Ok so i tried some HIIT for the first time yesterday and here was my workout, feedback is very much appreciated:

Sprint 100m, rest 15 secs, sprint, rest, etc to 6 sprints

Jump rope 1 min, 30 sec rest, for 4 sets of jump ropes

35 box jumps, 30 secs rest, 3 sets

Am I doing it right?
your sprints are good, but 15 sec rest might be too little. if you end up running your last interval a lot slower than your first, you'd bebetter off getting more rest time in to put in a faster sprint. not enough to fully recover, but enough to maintain a consistently high effort.
jump rope isn't as intense as sprints, even if you do double skips. box jumps are slightly better for HIIT than skipping rope, but also not as intense assprinting. maybe if you don't stop on the ground or the box between jumps, but then it probably get a bit sketchy once fatigue builds.
for a distance of 100m, 10 sprints should be a good number to start with. 6 is too little imo. if you still wanted to do jump rope or box jumps, i'd takea 5 min rest and do maybe 2 sets of each.

Naw im trying to cut down my bodyfat while at the same time bulkin up and building muscle just a bit..
well, you can do that by doing a solid lifting routine and maintain a diet slightly above maintenance level. even if you cut the running,you've got insanity 6x a week, plus the modified navy seal thing 3x a week, plus 2x weekly HIIT. and only one day rest. you're still on the fasttrack to overtaining/injury. insanity by itself (if you do it right) should be enough for your goal. if you drop insanity and just do the seal workout andHIIT, you'll also reach your goal. try to do too much and you'll end up putting in weaker efforts overall. ever hear of diminishing returns?

Ok. I need some advice.

I was doing deadlifts... I'm sure I've been doing them wrong for awhile now.

But anyways, problem is, when I start pulling it up, and driving my heels down, my back arches.

Is it because I'm using too much weight?

Also... My lower back is sore. Is it supposed to be? LMAO

I'm hoping I didn't screw something up.

Any input would be appreciated.
RIP.
laugh.gif
how much did u try to pull?
nah man, don't try to lift what your ego wants to lift. reduce your weight 25% at least. if you can manage a full set without breaking form (backLOCKED), then up your weight gradually (5-10 lbs. max at one time). if you can't manage that, drop it to 50% of what you tried before. you have to buildup the strength in you back entensors at lighter weight to make sure you don't screw up your back with heavier stuff.

yes.

those are 'bounced' reps, easier to do but not in any way dangerous if that's what you're asking.

I go down slow and when its about to touch the ground i go back up, no bouncing but i like it this way cause there is no rest in between each rep

Is there any difference between stiff legged and bended legged DLs?

I bend my knees to work the hams/gluts on a heavier weight, but stiff-legged I reduce it a LOT

Originally Posted by scmtkings4

the exercises that ive done regularly (not all in one day, but just workouts ive done before) are flat bench, incline bench, flat/incline/decline dumbell, dumbell flys, and some machines

here's my current chest workout, you can vary the set/rep ranges as you like. all sets include a warmup set as well.

1) dumbbell bench press
2) incline dumbbell press superset with incline flyes
3) seated cable cross over
4) decline barbell bench press
5) pushups (to fail) superset with decline pushups (to fail)

i cycle workouts every 6-8 weeks and rotate from barbell to dumbbells alot of the time. you'll be surprised how much you can throw up on the barbell afteryou use dumbbells for awhile.

Originally Posted by I3

Is there any difference between stiff legged and bended legged DLs?

I bend my knees to work the hams/gluts on a heavier weight, but stiff-legged I reduce it a LOT

because your legs are locked on stiff legged deadlifts, your lower back is doing alot more work. while regular deadlifts target everything in general.

DEADLIFTs FTW!

PROGRESS REPORT
started early september mostly ive been doin is boxing and cardio/circuit training...i weight a good 155 now (started 165+) ive been eating lean andhealthy...there's no day that im not sore and its been a month my workout as follows:
cardio for 20
circuit training for 1 hour (depends on the day but i rotate on which muscle group i want to focus on)
finish 20 minutes HIIT
BOXING EVERY OTHER DAY i can't do back to back days due to my wrist hurts from punching wrong
its a lot of soreness specially in the morning but it feels so good! im getting sick though (COLD) so i might take it easy for a bit to let my body catch up

Back
Top Bottom