Stay Get Back In Shape Vol 3.0 Meal Prep Thread

Wassup fellas. A lot of good info on the Stay, Get Back In Shape Thread but one of the biggest parts of staying in shape is what you eat. 

I am not a "gym rat" but I def work out much more and I am BIG on what I eat and prepping my meals for the week. I am always looking for new recipes and ideas, a lot of low card stuff mostly and figured why not share stuff I find with you guys because I know some of you can contribute ideas also. 

I am at work right now so I don't have all my bookmarks and recipes here but I will update this post later on with some of my favorite sites and Instagram pages.

Don't hesitate! Share what you have fellas. Maybe you are curious about meal prep ask away, let's help each other. 

For meal prep ideas (updating this with stuff yall add on thread)

http://rehabilitatedfatboy.com/

http://fitmencook.com

http://www.mealprepmondays.com/

http://www.eatsandexercisebyamber.com/meal-prep.html#.U9rZFPldXzg

Last edited:
Baking or having a crockpot helps out a lot when meal prepping.

If you dont want to eat the same meal everyday, i.e a whole chicken breast for lunch, chop it up, put it in a salad, make a sandwich etc.

View media item 676794

Here's some of my meal prep stuff foods... pretty self explanatory... :lol:

.5 - 1c of a carb... usually rice i like rice
.5 - 1c of a veggie
4-8 oz of a lean meat... Usually port tenderloin, chicken, turkey and occasionally steak

View media item 654374View media item 636911View media item 626240View media item 627315View media item 624972

Last edited:
Baking or having a crockpot helps out a lot when meal prepping.

If you dont want to eat the same meal everyday, i.e a whole chicken breast for lunch, chop it up, put it in a salad, make a sandwich etc.
Solid suggestion. I got so boring since I start with meal prep. I am good with chicken breasts daily lol. I just season it different every week. Usually on my lazy days when I didn't cook enough I make sandwiches. 

Updated with your site and I added one for now. I will grab and edit for page 1. If I miss something to add don't hesitate to scream on me lol

Here's some of my meal prep stuff foods... pretty self explanatory...
laugh.gif

.5 - 1c of a carb... usually rice i like rice
.5 - 1c of a veggie
4-8 oz of a lean meat... Usually port tenderloin, chicken, turkey and occasionally steak

devil.gif
Good stuff, I avoid rice all time possible now. It's hard being west indian but I buy a lot of quinoa now. Target and Trader Joes have good frozen ones with veggies in it. So with veggies on your plate plus those veggies. Mo' nutrients  

someone school me on dirty bulking cause i think im doing it wrong

imma a skinny dude btw tryna put on some weight and muscles 

Last edited:
someone school me on dirty bulking cause i think im doing it wrong

imma a skinny dude btw tryna put on some weight and muscles 

large amounts of healthy calories on a daily basis
less carbs, more protein

Last edited:
Good luck. What do you focus on for contest prep?

slow dieting, to hold as much muscle mass as possible

btw i dont compete i just like to get shredded............take a pic, eat a lot of food an get big again then repeat

Last edited:
less carbs, more protein
"healthy calories"? can you explain this to me a little more?

I thought dirty bulky just mean to work out and eat whatever the heck i wanted to lol

less carbs, more protein

"healthy calories"? can you explain this to me a little more?

I thought dirty bulky just mean to work out and eat whatever the heck i wanted to lol

What I said in my previous post was talking about clean bulking
you can dirty bulk, but it's not healthy or helpful in the long run.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/dirty-bulking-why-you-need-to-know-the-dirty-truth.htm

Last edited:
slow dieting, to hold as much muscle mass as possible

btw i dont compete i just like to get shredded............take a pic, eat a lot of food an get big again then repeat
ahhh I see lol 1 of my bros from college does NPC now. He wasn't fit one bit in college now he is ripped! 

The majority of my daily carbs come from oats. A 10 lb box from costco is around seven bucks. I have a cup per serving.... anyway my point is a MAGIC BULLET is a great for blending oats and protein powder. Perfect meal on the go in addition to with eggs!

I also highly reccmoned The Opti Grill by T-Fal. Like a foreman but cooks meat based on thickness (pause). Sensors on the grill indicate the stage the meat is in (medium, well done, etc). It also has a feature to cook frozen meat, veggies, etc. The trays also COME OUT of the grill making washing easy if you have a dishwasher. You will not be disappointed. All my protein is prepared on this bad boy in 5-10 mintues!

I also highly reccmoned The Opti Grill by T-Fal. Like a foreman but cooks meat based on thickness (pause). Sensors on the grill indicate the stage the meat is in (medium, well done, etc). It also has a feature to cook frozen meat, veggies, etc. The trays also COME OUT of the grill making washing easy if you have a dishwasher. You will not be disappointed. All my protein is prepared on this bad boy in 5-10 mintues!

Repped. Will do some investigating.

Can't embed from my phone so if someone could help, I'd appreciate it. 4 minute clip about the Opti Grill. I'm telling you, for prep, it's the best!

Back
Top Bottom