Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

TONNES of help in the past few pages.. thanks guys

I've finally stopped caring how much weight I lift and focus on getting 12 reps of 4 sets perfect form in. It's helping me out so much more in size gains.

yuku.....
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Hyper Cutter

Aite I'll tone down the avy lol my bad, but why so homophobic though?

Homophobic, come on man. You had to have thought about your avy being suitable for a forum full of men. Anytime someone questions something questionable, it doesn't mean they are homophobic LOL

i broke the window @ 24 hr fitness by doing pull-ups with a dumbell between my legs

embarassed.gif

most embarrassing thing in awhile

and now i think i may need to pay for it

ROFL

Originally Posted by DaBuddhaWitJays

i broke the window @ 24 hr fitness by doing pull-ups with a dumbell between my legs

embarassed.gif

ROFL
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Which 24?  How did that happen?

Originally Posted by TheGrimm

grin.gif
StaXX wrote:

Lurking- your arms looking right son. 
pimp.gif

I need to update my avy. Joint is months old. 
indeed Lurk

Staxx whats good G..its Tim

It's about damn time you came in here! Welcome.
My dude Grimm did 325 on incline!!! Beast.
eek.gif
pimp.gif

embarassed.gif

ROFL
roll.gif

^^ greenhaven...

oh man it was packed there too

wide-grip, with my palm facing forward pull ups with a 20 lb dumbell between my legs

the last rep, of the last set i got up and didnt lower myself slowly and instead just dropped the dumbell at the top and it bounced to the right and shattered the window

i didnt hear it, and i lowered myself down, asked myself where the hell the dumbell was, then found it was outside in front of the gym through the broken window

indifferent.gif

turned around and like 20 people were staring at me

eek.gif

"OMG YOU SHOULD GO TELL THE PERSON AT THE FRONT DESK"

seen a cute girl right next to me say I should run
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

*walks in shame to front desk*

so they wrote down my info, #, name, etc

she thanked me for being honest

oh well, i guess this is what I get for not buying that darn weight belt so i could stop sticking dumbells between my legs for dips and pull-ups

Originally Posted by humpasaurus rex

Damn you boys have some serious genetics. To Staxx and Audi how long did you take to get to where you're at. Grimmm that black man genetics is what's good.
laugh.gif

I've been active my whole life really. I can't even remember not being fit.
I fell off for the first time last year where I wasn't filling my shirts out like normal but I'm back on my $%&#.
I'm in the gym 6 days a week for 2/3 hours.

Edit-
laugh.gif
@ asking about the ab wheel.

i didnt hear it, and i lowered myself down, asked myself where the hell the dumbell was, then found it was outside in front of the gym through the broken window
i have a picture in my head of this. i hope it was as funny a situation as i imagine it to be lol

I'm bored so...here's a good list of qualitative indicators that you're making progress:
You know you're making progress when..... 

-you begin getting stares that you otherwise wouldnt.

-all your buddies wanna punch you because they think that extra 1lb or 2 of muscle somehow means you've become a man of steel

-females start making futile attempts at humbling you (not possible, it's over 9000
pimp.gif
....)

I know y'all got some too 
grin.gif

Edit: I just saw this but ummm, had to add it;

-You know you're making progress when you're breaking windows like a boss at your local 24. 

^
you know your making progress when you catch dudes are looking at you from the corner of their eye and from the mirror.
you know your making progress when other dudes ask you what your taking.

you know your making progress when a gym nazi starts giving you the stare and offers you a spot EVEN THOUGH YOUR NOT READY YET, BUT HE IS FORCING YOU TO START YOUR REP NOW BECAUSE HE WANTS TO SPOT SOMEONE AND DAMMT THAT PERSON HAS TO BE YOU

^ this happened today lol the guy came up to me, asked me if i wanted a spot, i had barely finished a rep, i try to say no, but halfway through mouthing out the word, the guy sarcastically says "you don't want one?" so i said yes. the guy is kind of a prick too. i've seen some girl, who i believe is his friend, say something to him, he didn't even pay her any mind. gym nazis are no fun.

I've been going so hard and efficient for almost a year and I simply went from skinny to normal. If my shirt is on, no one says a thing.

You know your making progress when your 6'0" and a size M shirt fits correctly.

You know you're making progress when..

Girls just start squeezing your arms out of nowhere.
Your friends tell you to get bigger clothes.
People start making steroid jokes.
Random people ask you how often you workout.

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

-You know you're making progress when you're breaking windows like a boss at your local 24. 
roll.gif
C'mon man!

you know you're making progress when you show up at a wedding and everyone mentions your physique and how you've changed

tongue.gif

StaXX wrote:

I get this all the time.

Even from random people I've balled with at the gym that I don't even know like that.
laugh.gif

And I'm not even swole like that, but I have came a long way.
pimp.gif

StaXX wrote:

indeed G...indeed

humility throughout this ordeal is key tho....guys dont think ur a douche and females love the fact that ur not cocky..bagging exponentially increases
laugh.gif

^^^ I get the same thing

I used to be skinny when i played baseball baseball and lifted weights some. Hurt my shoulder playing baseball, didn't have surgery and decided to hit the gym

Now i see people i haven't seen in awhile and they always make comments. Like they never would have recognize me, is being fit make you that unrecognizable?

I get asked on a daily basis what i eat and how i work out and its got to the point where Ive told people things here and there but what works for me isnt nessisarly going to work for you and I workout how i workout and it works for me.

Genentics play a huge part in it and thats what people don't get, your not going to look like me no matter how hard you workout and diet.

Oh and you know you've made progress when you've put on 30 pounds of muscle in a year, You up your personal best in box jumps to 55", got the 40 time down from 4.72 to 4.56, when the big guys in the gym joke with you about how they wanna get like me and im trying to put on more weight to look like that.

^That's the stuff I like to hear. And props on that 40 time, @%%$##@ insane dude.....See me i've been looking pretty good, but as far as explosiveness and all that i havent improved dramatically. I'm the type of dude who likes his car looking nice, but I'm all about what's under the hood though if you get what I'm saying. Ultimately I'd want to have abilities to match my physique.

can someone help me with a 5 day cutting program please? anything including cardio is completely fine. i just need to burn the most fat in the shortest amount of time.

Originally Posted by TheGrimm

grin.gif
StaXX wrote:

indeed G...indeed

humility throughout this ordeal is key tho....guys dont think ur a douche and females love the fact that ur not cocky..bagging exponentially increases
laugh.gif

this

Most times I get
eek.gif
then the "what is your diet and workout consists of" followed by "You look good" phrase.

Shopping for a new wardrobe due to toning and getting in shape
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Keepz

Thanks man been working at it. Oh and about the whip of course you gotta keep it clean can't wait for it to get warm so i can drive around in a clean whip in a wife beater or no shirt....Gotta love California

Back
Top Bottom