Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It was very corny but can't be bothered with a few corny parts here and there. We're getting legit SW movies this time around. :lol:

Yeah, you guys can have Rey.

Felicity on the other hand. My goodness, she's so beautiful :nthat:

wx7TKtv.gif

I just don't understand why they didn't make Jyn Rey's mother. Daisy Ridley looks like she coulda been a young Mark Hamill and Felicity Jones' offspring. Her and daisy both have the donkey mouth too. Still both insanely attractive. All I know is this trilogy is a bust if Rey isn't luke's daughter. This has to be a story about Vader's grandchildren.....

If she's Leia's, she is Vader's grandchild.
laugh.gif
Why would Leia not mention "their daughter" to Han when she's talking about their son? Why would Leia feel the need to send "her daughter" to Luke if no one else has seen Luke for years, not even Leia.

She's Luke daughter

i really hope rogue one has more humor than the trailer is making it look like

part of the charm of the star wars universe is the humor. i really dont want to see saving private ryan star wars edition

and boooooo to disney for taking out the sexiness of female characters of the star wars universe and banning slave leia. hypocrites. they got black widow in tight leather but they got a problem with a classic leia outfit? got rey out here wrapped like a zombie in the middle of a desert lol

Why would Leia not mention "their daughter" to Han when she's talking about their son? Why would Leia feel the need to send "her daughter" to Luke if no one else has seen Luke for years, not even Leia.

She's Luke daughter

yea i dont think anyone thinks rey is han or leias daughter anymore

force awakens should have already proven that

leia had regrets sending kylo to train with luke and told han it was her fault and she shouldnt have but hey oh let me send my daughter to luke now :lol:

she just has to be lukes and i hope they show flashbacks showing her mother and luke together in episode 8

cant stand not knowing

ewan mcgregor voice in force awakens saying rey you taking your first steps has me worried she is related to obi wan and them naming kylo ben after obi wan

the fans want skywalkers forever!!!!!!!! :lol:

Last edited:
I do.

I don't care what any of you think.

Rey and Kylo as brother/sister >>>>>> cousins.

Maybe I'm wrong, we'll find out, but they left clues for BOTH possibilities for a reason. They gonna try and curve us.

She could be Akbar's kid. :lol:

I still don't see the clues for Rey being Kylo's sister.

If anything, that'd make the writing pretty bad for that movie for her to interact with her family and by the end of it lose her dad.

Originally Posted by sea manup  Originally Posted by lamekilla  

She's Luke daughter
yup being leias daughter would create too many plotholes
The only way they can go the route of Leia & Han's daughter is if they think Rey is dead. Meaning, while in training and before Luke's "Temple" got attacked, he managed to save her and send her to Jaku and they don't know that Rey survived the attack....No one would know except Luke.

But even that is a bit of a stretch...

Last edited:

If anything, that'd make the writing pretty bad for that movie for her to interact with her family and by the end of it lose her dad.

Falcon on her planet.
Her ability to diagnose and fix the Falcon just like Han could. (which he picked up on)
Kylo's own words, think of him like the father you never had.....
"Luke's" lightsaber calling to her, even tho it's really Anakin's, meaning it could calling to her as her grandfather.
The Jacen/Jaina EU parallel. Brother and sister, brother turning to the dark side.
Lucas's establishing Jedi can't/shouldn't have children. Meaning it's possible Luke never does. (it was the EU that washed all that away)
Kylo's immediate worry about her "a girl?"

It's not in stone. She could be Luke's, she could be Leia's. Clearly none of us will know for a while, but I don't think it's a slam dunk she's Luke's. There are certainly signs she might be his, but there's the same signs for Han/Leia, or maybe even just Leia, iono. :nerd:

Falcon on her planet.
Her ability to diagnose and fix the Falcon just like Han could. (which he picked up on)
Kylo's own words, think of him like the father you never had.....
"Luke's" lightsaber calling to her, even tho it's really Anakin's, meaning it could calling to her as her grandfather.
The Jacen/Jaina EU parallel. Brother and sister, brother turning to the dark side.
Lucas's establishing Jedi can't/shouldn't have children. Meaning it's possible Luke never does. (it was the EU that washed all that away)
Kylo's immediate worry about her "a girl?"

It's not in stone. She could be Luke's, she could be Leia's. Clearly none of us will know for a while, but I don't think it's a slam dunk she's Luke's. There are certainly signs she might be his, but there's the same signs for Han/Leia, or maybe even just Leia, iono. :nerd:
Collectively or separately what you're stating as clues are all reaches to her being Kylo's sister.

I could take your "father you never had" line to mean Kylo is mocking her about her real father, Luke, was never for her, and Han was the kind of dad she always wanted.

How does the lightsaber thing point to Rey and Kylo being siblings? :nerd: That might mean what you said, Anakin is her grandfather. Nevermind she heard all sorts of other character voices during that scene. She could be related to them too :lol: or simply just another strong user in the force.

As for EU parallel, which I haven't read I'll go out on a limb say Jacen and Jaina probably grew up together somewhat before whoever turns to the dark side right? It's not like they were estranged and one finds out their sibling is a bad guy, right?

You can't have it both ways with Lucas man :lol: Can't go and mention he wanted Jedis to not have children when at the end of RotJ Luke was left on his own to rebuild the Jedi order with none of the rules on hand. Not to mention Lucas also had a rule Jedi couldn't marry/fall in love and in the books aint Obi-Wan and all other Jedi falling in love and banging ppl?

Context and the situation these characters are in as we see them is why this doesn't make any sort of story telling sense to me. Somebody who got separated from their family and was raised grew up with other ppl or mostly alone shouldn't get that type of story line written for them. It's one thing if you're pulling the Luke was told one thing about his father and then finds out his father is Vader but what you're saying is Rey who hoped/knew her family would return to her got swept up in to an adventure where she met her family, none of them had a single clue, her dad dies, she meets and fights her brother, and her moms has no real connection to her throughout is suppose to be a good reveal? Nah. Like I said that's pretty bad writing.

I mean if you want to act like the PT never happened by ROTJ, Leia through sheer will of the force knew Luke was her brother when he told her. Ignore the incest scenes and they still had this bond going back to ANH. That was just plain simple storytelling Lucas showed us to tell us something was up there. Of course at first he uses a pretty nasty maybe they'll be a couple red herring with Han being jealous but the character beats were all there for a reveal. In TFA, I legit do not see any of those scenes implying Kylo and Rey are siblings. Just that in this movie there's a mystery not heavily focused on about her family

I kinda feel you just like this conclusion and where that plot twist could go and are ignoring how bad and no sense it makes for how they got there just interaction wise in the first movie. Kinda working backwards to make it fit.

The lightsaber was people reaching and saying LUKE's lightsaber was calling to her. No, her grandfather's lightsaber was calling her, don't mean it's for Luke.

Yes, Jacen and Jaina grew up together, along with Anakin their youngest brother. (who I would assume they would never try to introduce him, not worth the confusion it would cause some I'm sure)

You saying it's bad writing for it to be Han and Leia cuz they don't know this, or they didn't show that, it's the same bad writing to say she got left behind by Luke. Left behind by Leia, left behind by Luke is the same exact writing. :lol: :lol:

It's EASY to simply say they stashed her for protection.
Or another family took her in, moved her, and then were killed, meaning Han/Leia assumed she was dead all this time.
Snoke coulda stashed her (which is why Kylo knows something about her) and they believed her to be dead.

I wrote that in 14 seconds, a fleshed out story could be written over time with ease. No problem at all.

JJ tried to keep everything under wraps. We all thought the Jedi was going to be Finn, and they pulled the rug from us. No one knew Kylo was going to be a Solo, pulled the rug. To me, that sets up them doin it again here. Hell, they may not even know yet. Or, maybe they go the easy route and just say she's Luke's. And they'll write a story how she got left behind with no one watching her. *shrugs*

Honestly, if CP wasn't such a fan of the EU then I doubt he'd be going so hard for her being Han/Leia's, it's been a semi recurring trend that he wants elements from the EU to be pulled into the new trilogy so that's why he's rooting for it.. for the Jacen/Jaina thing 
laugh.gif

Watching The Force Awakens and taking things strictly at face value, it's overwhelmingly positive in favor of her being Luke's. Could they tell a story that makes sense and have her be Han and Leia's? Yeah, probably.. but the conclusion most of us drew after watching TFA was that it was Luke's daughter. She was great at piloting the Falcon.. she's got the force and trained on simulations so that can explain that.

And yes, JJ and the marketing team did a great job of not spoiling things.. but Rey being a Jedi was not that big of a shock to me. I don't think it was to most of the audience despite the marketing not hinting at it.. what was more of a shock was how powerful she was so quickly. And Kylo being a Solo was simply kept a secret.. rather than it being a big shock within the movie. We found out relatively quickly that he was a Solo.. so to me.. it wasn't like with Vader in the OT where you go almost 2 full movies thinking he killed Luke's father and then we get the swerve.

It's more dramatic if they're brother and sister, sure.. but it also would have been really dramatic for Rey to lose her father.. which they missed out on. It also makes the whole Luke training Rey thing a lot better if they're father and daughter compared to uncle and niece. And if they want Rey to struggle with the dark side, it would be a better story if she can relate to Luke's struggle with the dark side too.

Basically.. watching TFA, it makes far more sense that she's Luke's and it makes for a better story for her going forward if she's Luke's (minus the obviously better brother vs sister thing). 

Back
Top Bottom