Sole Supremecy possibly selling GM's? 88' WC3 Legit Check

Yes, I know everyone and their mother says sole supremacy is legit and I think they are to, but this pair of 88 wc3's got me curious because they got some common flaws that GM's have.

The left pair's elephant print is extremely high on the back and a tiny tiny bit high on the right. Also seems like there is a widows peak on the right pair.

Sole Supremecy's:

Authentic:

Elephant print on front also seems a little off/high. Might be angle of pic though.

(might not be the best pic to compare it to cause of angle, but it's the best legit source I could find)

More pics: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-Nike-Air-Jordan-III-3-Retro-WHITE-CEMENT-88-8-5-/121293318626?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item1c3da529e2

It might be just some JB blunders, but these are extremely common flaws with rep/GM 3's. Not saying they knowingly sell reps/GM's,etc. but to all those who buy shoes, obviously, do your due diligence and make sure your stuff is good. I understand they do consignment,etc. so one might slip by them and go up for sale, but again, just do your due diligence instead of assuming it'll be 100% all the time.  It might not be a big deal to some, but for those who pay top dollar, I'm sure they would like to know that they're getting what they paid for and not a unauthorized product. Might be just me seeing things, but would like some LC vets to take a look.

Last edited:
yea that elephant print does look too high below the heel tab, but the tongues and eyelets on this pair look fine..could just be the worst JB produced pair. just my opinion..

yea that elephant print does look too high below the heel tab, but the tongues and eyelets on this pair look fine..could just be the worst JB produced pair. just my opinion..
Yeah, but these are very common flaws as you know. If there was no Sole Supremacy tag, I'm pretty sure everyone would conclude these as GM, but since SS is selling them, people are goona give them a pass/less inclined to call them GM. If it was just a regular dude on ebay who posted these, everyone would say it's fake without hesitation.

Don't take this as an attack on you in any way cause it's not, just trying to prove a point. But it's like if we start saying it's a JB blunder, then maybe other pairs with these flaws are JB blunders to (like all the ones on ebay), then it just hurts the integrity of the LC since we're just goona give that excuse instead of calling it probably GM (since it has the flaws). But yeah, can't rule out that it might just be on JB's part, but more often than not, I would say a flaw of this caliber and of this common it's probably GM.

Last edited:
Just ask them, they are pretty straight up. I wouldn't call them out flat thru instagram or something because the dude is like always angry. probably cause he has to put up with customers all day lol

There's only one "pair" pictured.

Not saying they only sell GM's or whatever, obviously they are a legit retailer for the most part. Just saying that even the most trusted retailers known to the community slips up. I'm confident in saying they don't even know these are probably GM, but it doesn't change the fact that they're trying to sell it. Doesn't matter whether it's one pair or ten, someone is goona end up buying it and not getting what they thought they paid for. The main point being you can never be sure until your sure even if it's a trusted retailer like SS, just do your due diligence.

Last edited:
Not saying they only sell GM's or whatever, obviously they are a legit retailer for the most part. Just saying that even the most trusted retailers known to the community slips up. I'm confident in saying they don't even know these are probably GM, but it doesn't hanged the fact that they're trying to sell it. Doesn't matter whether it's one pair or ten, it is what it is. The main point being you can never be sure until your sure even if it's a trusted retailer like SS, just do your due diligence.

"The left pair's elephant print is extremely high on the back and a tiny tiny bit high on the right. Also seems like there is a widows peak on the right pair."

i think still legit, i look on shoe tongue still perfectly rounded well shape. other than high cut on the back i didn't see any other flaw

Eprint does look off IMO but not too too bad.. do we have more pix to judge from?. I think they may be ok.. GMs have many more tells usually besides high Eprint.. I don't see anything else that rings bells here.. We must keep in mind not every legit pair will be perfect.. We have to judge them as a whole not just pick out small inconsistencies here and there. Most GMs have major WPs too.. Either way we need better pics to be 100% here IMO.

IMO they look legit but with flaws. The elephant print is slightly off and I see what looks to be a widows peak. But the shape, colors, and the most commonly flawed area of the shoe being the tongue looks perfectly fine. These are legit as SS is also a legit retailer. I would buy with confidence.

Tsk tsk. It's possible. This pair does look pretty bad.. They do deal with hundreds of shoes at a time. They recently picked up someone's collection for $60k.

Eprint does look off IMO but not too too bad.. do we have more pix to judge from?. I think they may be ok.. GMs have many more tells usually besides high Eprint.. I don't see anything else that rings bells here.. We must keep in mind not every legit pair will be perfect.. We have to judge them as a whole not just pick out small inconsistencies here and there. Most GMs have major WPs too.. Either way we need better pics to be 100% here IMO.

More pics on the eBay link in op. Only flaw I noted was the EP since it was pretty bad. Hard to say for certain. And yeah usually GM's will have more than 1 flaw, but I mean this could be a decent/good GM or a screw up by JB, hard to say for certain.

If it is just the EP that is off, its kind of scary to think how close it really looks to a perfect pair and how many of these are circulating around

I would honestly not think twice about buying them buts that's my opinion.
I know what you mean, but wouldn't it kinda make you upset that you paid $300+ for these to Sole Supremecy, when you could grab the exact same thing for like $150-200 from a GM manufacturer.

Agreed man. All of which are super valid points but some people like paying the crazy prices just for the shear fact to be like these are worth *enter amount* to everyone in the world. I would never pay above retail for '88s. The only reason I got these is they were retail.

Back
Top Bottom