So when did your favorite t.v. shows jump the shark?

A Different World - Jumped the shark once Whitley and Dwayne decided to get married.....the show just slowly declined after that. The new college kids didn't seem like appealing characters.
New York Undercover - When Eddie got killed.....straight up turrible. 

That 70s Show - When Eric left and they replaced him with Randy 
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by 8PM at MSG

A Different World - Jumped the shark once Whitley and Dwayne decided to get married.....the show just slowly declined after that. The new college kids didn't seem like appealing characters.
New York Undercover - When Eddie got killed.....straight up turrible. 

That 70s Show - When Eric left and they replaced him with Randy 
30t6p3b.gif
to me, A Different World jumped when Lisa Bonet and the white girl left after season one, cause it was her show. 
Speaking of which....

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air- When Will's pops came to visit and when the OG Hilary left. 

Family Matters- When the OG Harriet left and the show started to get more cartoonish with Urkels inventions.

8 Simple Rules- when John Ritter died 

Malcom in the Middle- When Francis left military school and started working at the ranch

The Simpsons- too many to list 

Saturday Night Live- When Will Ferrell left 

Monday Night Raw- When Vince bought WCW since the show has no competition, aside from TNA, but mostly when the went the G-rated route  

Jersey Shore- The first five minutes 

The Tonight Show- Jay's final show from his first stint before Conan took over

Keeping Up With the Kardashians- the spinoffs 

Doogie Howser M.D.- When Doogie turned down a Laker Girl 

The OC- Marissa's death 

SportsCenter- Lebron's decision

Monday Night Football- when they moved to cable in 2006 

Seinfeld- Elaine straightens her hair, no Jerry standup intros and the crowd stop applauding whenever Kramer enters Jerry's room 

Cheers- when Rebecca replaced Diane 

that's all I have for now.

^ I guess you can say that, but the show was much more interesting after....Denise leaving was a blessing in disguise. The show was bland as hell with her there.

pretty sure he meant vivian 
laugh.gif

but

Family Matters- When the OG Harriet left and the show started to get more cartoonish with Urkels inventions.

well damn, i must have stopped watching way before that happened

Originally Posted by BigPUNoy

Originally Posted by justforsneaks

SportsCenter- Lebron's decision  When Stuart Scott became an anchor.
SportsCenter fell off the summer that Brett Favre retired, but came back later and signed with the Jets.

inb4 Gus' face.

The Office -- when Jim and Pam got engaged.

24 -- the nuke going off.

Battlestar Galactica -- when they reveal 4 of the last 5 models.

Lost -- depending on how you look at it, Ana Lucia or the Jacob episode.

Dexter -- Jimmy Smits (but they came back strong) but then Julia Stiles.

Boardwalk Empire -- in the casting room with Buscemi *flamesuit on*

Friday Night Lights -- what Landry and Tara did (but they erased the whole season anyways, so
grin.gif
)

*Monday Night RAW -- when The Rock left

The West Wing -- when they fired Aaron Sorkin, cuz they didn't know he needed coke to write 22 solid episodes of a really smart show a year by himself

Heroes -- when the big 1st season finale Peter-Sylar fight looked like some Shark Attack 3 bs.

The Killing -- the teacher becomes a suspect.

my brain tired

The Simpsons - Two words: Armin Tanzarian.

The Office - Maybe when Jim & Pam got engaged. Or maybe it was earlier with Michael as Survivorman.

entourage.. i think it was around season 5?
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by justforsneaks

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air- When Will's pops came to visit and when the OG Hilary left.

there were 2 hilarys?

Lyricist Lounge show, My Brother & Me and 3 South didn't have many seasons so they didin't get a chance to "jump the shark."

Monday Night Raw- when they started the draft
Buffy The Vampire Slayer- out of nowhere Buffy has a little sister, needed more crossover episodes with Angel too
Dawson's Creek- after Pacey took Joeys virginity
Saved By The Bell: The College Years- it was decent at first, but then the Zack and Kelly thing started again
Unhappily Ever After- When they killed Jennie off and tried to bring her back
Friends- When Joey and Rachel had a thing, I continued watch, still top 3 shows of all
One Tree Hill- After they left high school

I know a lot of people will say Martin after the problems with Gina, but I disagree. The episode on the cruise was one of my favorites. I think the show could've continued without her.

Doug - starting from the first episode when it went from Nickelodeon to Disney 
sick.gif
Was never the same

Back
Top Bottom