So usher fell off?

his album is at 1.2 million and he had the number one song in the country , this is without mentiong that trading places is getting more n more spins on theradio. as far as im concerned usher set the bar at 10 milli for j.t and we should compare that to Jt's last album as for here i stand at 1.2 mil what is JTgonna drop and sell 1.8 n BLOW usher out of the water? get outta here, give me the list of artist that went platinum in a recession IN a time when people arentbuying becuse of bootlegging and has a number 1 song on the radio with another on the way AND FELL OFF

selling platinum off basically name recognition alone isn't falling off

usher's audience is older now

Originally Posted by itsphillthy

selling platinum off basically name recognition alone isn't falling off

usher's audience is older now

that what i was thinking also.

Here I Stand was not a bad album track wise...it just wasn't Confessions. I wasn't expecting Confessions, so I was good
laugh.gif
. Only songs I aint care my for was: This Aint Sex, Love In The Club('ThatGirl Right There' is better), What's A Man To Do(typical Stargate track
smh.gif
...all they ##@% sound the same)and I liked 'Best Thing' betterwithout J. 'Before I Met You' is crack...I'm surprised that's not a single yet. 'Love You Gently' is classic Ush','Lifetime' is crack too, Appetite was good too....I don't know why this album wasn't received that well.

Originally Posted by mFury

Originally Posted by beachbaby757

This album sound like it was a dedication to his wife and son

Wait, is that a good thing or a bad thing?

I mean its good for his wife and son but as far as the listeners and fans.... No..

I mean its good for his wife and son but as far as the listeners and fans.... No..
he has sold a million records so far. so what fans and listeners are you referring to?

he has sold a million records so far. so what fans and listeners are you referring to?

Probably the 9 million fans that bought confessions and did not buy Here I Stand.

Exactly, the millions of fans that bought confessions that didnt buy here i stand, the records he sold is not a usual debut for usher, when u go back and lookat 8701 and confessions

If he wants to continue feeding that wife and two kids, better make Confessions/8701 type records

Exactly, the millions of fans that bought confessions that didnt buy here i stand, the records he sold is not a usual debut for usher, when u go back and look at 8701 and confessions
how about the millions of people who don't buy records period since Confessions came out what? in 05?

the record industry has taken a stark downturn since then fam....

selling a million now is basically the equivalent of doing 2 or 3 back then. its the same difference

the real fans are still purchasing their music, and its not a bunch of teenagers running out and buying albums.

those are the people who download it.

maybe you didn't like his past cd but his real fans still come out and support him. and he has a million + realfans who will support his project whether thy are in love with it or not

so how did he fall off?

is the equivalent

I feel what u sayin fam, the music industry has taken a fall from illegal streaming of music, and im not talking mainly about the records because no matterwhat ya music material is like, if u have such a big volume as an artist like Jay-z, or usher or Justin timberlake.. ppl gonna buy it reguardless but im talkinabout as far as his music material has fell off in my opinion.

Originally Posted by youngnflithy

People wanted Confessions, instead they got an album that was too mature and dull to vibe with.

hit that s*^t right on the head...controversy sells big time!!!...He's married and "in love" now nobody wants to really hear that. Now if he getsdivorced, or gets caught cheating etc. and rights about it then his numbers will be higher...but for a personal stand point he did fall off...fromwhat 8-9 mil to 1?...

I just don't think his album could top Confessions or 8701.

8701 = Confessions > Here I Stand

A club banger is a must and he had a few on 8701 and THE club banger at the time in Yeah. "Love In this Club" was cool but just didn't havepeople excited. Just get him on a Neptunes joint and he'll be back...

Back
Top Bottom