so i just graduated from college.........and then what?

can you guys post what you did after graduating from college. i have a bachelor in marketing, and going back to school for graphic design. anyone have a sweet job right away?

can you guys post what you did after graduating from college. i have a bachelor in marketing, and going back to school for graphic design. anyone have a sweet job right away?

I'm nervous about this, too 
frown.gif

\

i continued working pt at a youth center.

i graduated in june of 09

finally got job (even tho its an internship) like a week ago

im very happy and relieved. wish i didnt have to move cross country. part of growin up i guess

i continued working pt at a youth center.

i graduated in june of 09

finally got job (even tho its an internship) like a week ago

im very happy and relieved. wish i didnt have to move cross country. part of growin up i guess

Start sending out resumes now

Hopefully I'll have a job lined up before I graduate this spring...in Cali
pimp.gif

Start sending out resumes now

Hopefully I'll have a job lined up before I graduate this spring...in Cali
pimp.gif

How is finding a job in the marketing field going for you? I was a marketing major, but switched to industrial technology. Might minor in marketing though.

How is finding a job in the marketing field going for you? I was a marketing major, but switched to industrial technology. Might minor in marketing though.

You should have been applying before you even graduated.

My advice is to make finding a job your job until you get one.

the thing with marketing is that there are many positions open but they are all sales, and i dont want to do that at all. im trying to do advertising/events. been working in retail and hate sales. even though we all have to sell ourselves eventually.

the thing with marketing is that there are many positions open but they are all sales, and i dont want to do that at all. im trying to do advertising/events. been working in retail and hate sales. even though we all have to sell ourselves eventually.

You should have been applying before you even graduated.

My advice is to make finding a job your job until you get one.

About to graduate with a BA so where do you send your resumes?
Do you use sites like Career builder, Monster etc... did you find any luck?

About to graduate with a BA so where do you send your resumes?
Do you use sites like Career builder, Monster etc... did you find any luck?

Keep applying to jobs.

I've been looking for 2 months or so, after my internship ended October; I graduted in June. It's frustrating trying to look for one, but you just have to be patient and find the ideal situation. The first job out of college actually is pretty important b/c it can determine part of your salary for future jobs, etc., so make sure it's the right opportunity. Ideally, you'd have that ideal job out of college, but the reality is it doesn't happen for a lot of people because of the economy and so many people are looking for jobs.

I've been using Indeed and Monster a little. I got a call from a staffing agency through Monster and I had an interview with a company through that agency, but I'm right now 90% sure I'm telling them I don't want it anymore because I just don't like the idea of another company taking a good chunk of my salary and end up getting vastly underpaid.

Keep applying to jobs.

I've been looking for 2 months or so, after my internship ended October; I graduted in June. It's frustrating trying to look for one, but you just have to be patient and find the ideal situation. The first job out of college actually is pretty important b/c it can determine part of your salary for future jobs, etc., so make sure it's the right opportunity. Ideally, you'd have that ideal job out of college, but the reality is it doesn't happen for a lot of people because of the economy and so many people are looking for jobs.

I've been using Indeed and Monster a little. I got a call from a staffing agency through Monster and I had an interview with a company through that agency, but I'm right now 90% sure I'm telling them I don't want it anymore because I just don't like the idea of another company taking a good chunk of my salary and end up getting vastly underpaid.

Just graduated myself. Sent out a few resumes... kinda nervous about the future, don't know if I wanna go back to school either.

Wish the best of luck to everyone that graduated.
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom