**>> Sneakernews.com and the incessant love for Air Jordans featured on CNBC <<**

Originally Posted by bundy9

Hey listen, we've seen this before, we've heard  the psychology and business models/frameworks of it all....we see it and think that we're crazy sometimes...but it's "cool" to be part of this "exclusive" community. I caught myself saying "I've got  those" a couple of times during this video and that has always been the subliminal idea of Nike from day 1- the desire to continually create value and a frenzy! (Contrary to what sneakernews.com founder Yu-Ming-Wu would believe of the "accidental" success of the AJ-line). Companies go into business with the idea of being profitable and to achieve longevity...Nike is and never has been any different. The rate at which the rapid acceleration of the "underground" market may not have been perceived back then...but it was definitely something that was also crafted and envisioned in "The Kitchen"

Check out the link after the jump:

http://sports.yahoo.com/t...ug=ys-cnbcsneakers110810

Props to Wu and his collection though! Damn!
pimp.gif

via NBA Feet thread- Nike Forum

Originally Posted by bundy9

Hey listen, we've seen this before, we've heard  the psychology and business models/frameworks of it all....we see it and think that we're crazy sometimes...but it's "cool" to be part of this "exclusive" community. I caught myself saying "I've got  those" a couple of times during this video and that has always been the subliminal idea of Nike from day 1- the desire to continually create value and a frenzy! (Contrary to what sneakernews.com founder Yu-Ming-Wu would believe of the "accidental" success of the AJ-line). Companies go into business with the idea of being profitable and to achieve longevity...Nike is and never has been any different. The rate at which the rapid acceleration of the "underground" market may not have been perceived back then...but it was definitely something that was also crafted and envisioned in "The Kitchen"

Check out the link after the jump:

http://sports.yahoo.com/t...ug=ys-cnbcsneakers110810

Props to Wu and his collection though! Damn!
pimp.gif

via NBA Feet thread- Nike Forum

Too bad the "cons" weren't mentioned in there. Like the decrease in quality of the shoes. It's hard to see the little people and their problems with your products when you're sitting at the top Mike!

Too bad the "cons" weren't mentioned in there. Like the decrease in quality of the shoes. It's hard to see the little people and their problems with your products when you're sitting at the top Mike!

“They have total faith in what we design, that it’s going to be...done with the highest quality"????!!!! MJ aint just say that...smh

“They have total faith in what we design, that it’s going to be...done with the highest quality"????!!!! MJ aint just say that...smh

Originally Posted by dabasement2010

“We have designed our own business, and niched out our own business with the consumer,

Originally Posted by dabasement2010

“We have designed our own business, and niched out our own business with the consumer,

yeah, i wish we'd get "the best quality" dude is buggin' clearly he hasn't compared newer retros to the old ones

yeah, i wish we'd get "the best quality" dude is buggin' clearly he hasn't compared newer retros to the old ones

I wish I could pull in $400-$500 for my shoes, the most I've pulled in for DS 01 Spacejams was $350.00 about a year ago right before the retro's released. I can't pull anything close to $300 for OG DS cool-grey 11s right either, lame!

I wish I could pull in $400-$500 for my shoes, the most I've pulled in for DS 01 Spacejams was $350.00 about a year ago right before the retro's released. I can't pull anything close to $300 for OG DS cool-grey 11s right either, lame!

great video yu ming

the most i sold a pair for was $ 2500.00 for a pair of ray allan 8's and $ 850.00 for jordan china 1's plus $800.00 for air max 1 amsterdams black pink yeezys for $750.00 ect

sometimes you make a very nice profit sometime you take a very big loss if you dont sell in time 
sometimes your lucky to get back what you paid

plus reselling sneakers is not the same anymore 

the money is hardly there 

only on some shoes 

sold alot of other shoes over the years in the range of $30.00 to $700.00 and anywhere in between

but its really hit or miss on reselling if you have a love of shoes

because its hard sometimes and you might regret what you have sold

wish i never sold alot of my shoes but the black pink yeeyz i wish i kept or at sold for alot more
frown.gif

great video yu ming

the most i sold a pair for was $ 2500.00 for a pair of ray allan 8's and $ 850.00 for jordan china 1's plus $800.00 for air max 1 amsterdams black pink yeezys for $750.00 ect

sometimes you make a very nice profit sometime you take a very big loss if you dont sell in time 

only on some shoes 

sold alot of other shoes over the years in the range of $30.00 to $700.00 and anywhere in between

wish i never sold alot of my shoes but the black pink yeeyz i wish i kept or at sold for alot more
frown.gif

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

great video yu ming

only on some shoes 

frown.gif
2500 for those ray allen 8s
eek.gif

what was retail on them at hoh? 150$?

Back
Top Bottom