Should I Get This 2004 Audi A4 1.8T

In need of a newer car thinking about copping this 2004 audi a4 1.8t in really good condition with only 60,000 miles for 10,000 also Audi certified. One thing I don't like about it is that it's not a quattro only FWD also is not as fast as I thought it would be. But i'm planning to do mods so this will change. Should I cop?

this is something you shouldn't be going to NT to get answers to. try edmunds.com or kbb.com and compare there.

dont do it son, i had 03 a6, mad expensive to maintain, but dont get me wrong, it pulls in chicks, mine actually lit on fire, idk why, whole thing burned down

Originally Posted by Lalph Rauren

dont do it son, i had 03 a6, mad expensive to maintain, but dont get me wrong, it pulls in chicks, mine actually lit on fire, idk why, whole thing burned down
eek.gif
thats crazy...lol @ idk why

I'm at work so I can't provide pics.

Not really worried about maintaining the car because the car that I own now is expensive. Went on KBB and all the other sites but still i'm undecided.

Audi =
pimp.gif

I was saving up for the 2010 or 2011 Maxima but I fell in the with the Premium Plus A4, the one with the led daytime running lights.

audi1.JPG

$36,000 + pretty high maintenance costs are looking kinda =
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif

But I'm 25 and I never had a nice car in my life though. They've all been buckets...

Before I die, I wanna say I had a nice car for once. 
ohwell.gif

A few things....

I'll never understand someone who buys a non-Quattro A4.

I'll never understand someone who buys an A4 that is an automatic.

Back on topic though, I'd say don't buy it unless you have 2 or 3 grand in the bank ready to go for maintenance. VAG vehicles are notorious for pricey fixes and maintenance. And sure, it may still be under warranty but what's the fun of driving a Passat loaner car instead of the A4 you paid for?

I've owned high maintenance cars in the past so i'm not worried about that because it's the same.

It's also a manual so its still fun to drive. But that non quattro is getting to me. Dude was trying to say that it doesn't make a difference unless your going to the snow but i'm already knowing thats not true because i've driven A4 quattro's in the past.

DO NOT BUY IT....YOU WILL REGRET IT!

I love Audi but they are expensive to maintain. IF you are stretching to get in one at 10k, THEN YOU 100000% can not afford it.

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

A few things....

I'll never understand someone who buys a non-Quattro A4.

I'll never understand someone who buys an A4 that is an automatic.

Back on topic though, I'd say don't buy it unless you have 2 or 3 grand in the bank ready to go for maintenance. VAG vehicles are notorious for pricey fixes and maintenance. And sure, it may still be under warranty but what's the fun of driving a Passat loaner car instead of the A4 you paid for?

Listen to this man. I wouldn't buy any VAG vehicle designed after the MKV Golf for a DD unless you're a VAG enthusist or plan on becoming one.

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

I've owned high maintenance cars in the past so i'm not worried about that because it's the same.

It's also a manual so its still fun to drive. But that non quattro is getting to me. Dude was trying to say that it doesn't make a difference unless your going to the snow but i'm already knowing thats not true because i've driven A4 quattro's in the past.

I can dig that.  But man, I'm telling you from firsthand experience, those joints STAY in the shop when they go bad.  I've known some folks to have zero problems with them.  But when they go, they GO.  And something that should be a simple fix ends up being some ridiculous production thanks to that quirky (yet still AWESOME) German engineering.   

My wife owned an A4 back in '06 and prior to it getting demolished in an accident, she was in and out of the dealership almost every other week.  She wasn't paying a dime for the repairs but at that point it isn't about the $$.....its about actually keeping the car you paid for on the road long enough to enjoy it.  That car was a joy to drive--when it was able to be driven. 

I've been into VW/Audi vehicles since I was a young kid and my cousins were all about some Golfs and GTI's, and owning an Audi has always been one of my dreams.  But looking at it from a realistic perspective, I'm just not at that point in life where I can afford the upkeep.  And now knowing what I know, even if I could afford it I'm not sure I'd want to deal with the hassle.   

I'll say this though--from what I've seen, the problems don't tend to be major things like the engine or ****** going up in smoke.  Instead, it'll be minor things like a tail light not working, or a window regulator that goes bad well before it should, or an alarm that will just randomly go off.  And unless you're a savvy VAG enthusiast, those little fixes will drive you mad b/c they WILL happen over time.    

Definitely great cars to drive though--that's undeniable. 

Originally Posted by bc60997

DO NOT BUY IT....YOU WILL REGRET IT!

I love Audi but they are expensive to maintain. IF you are stretching to get in one at 10k, THEN YOU 100000% can not afford it.

Sure are. If ANYTHING goes wrong itll dig deep into your pocket.

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

I can dig that.  But man, I'm telling you from firsthand experience, those joints STAY in the shop when they go bad.  I've known some folks to have zero problems with them.  But when they go, they GO.  And something that should be a simple fix ends up being some ridiculous production thanks to that quirky (yet still AWESOME) German engineering.   

My wife owned an A4 back in '06 and prior to it getting demolished in an accident, she was in and out of the dealership almost every other week.  She wasn't paying a dime for the repairs but at that point it isn't about the $$.....its about actually keeping the car you paid for on the road long enough to enjoy it.  That car was a joy to drive--when it was able to be driven. 

I've been into VW/Audi vehicles since I was a young kid and my cousins were all about some Golfs and GTI's, and owning an Audi has always been one of my dreams.  But looking at it from a realistic perspective, I'm just not at that point in life where I can afford the upkeep.  And now knowing what I know, even if I could afford it I'm not sure I'd want to deal with the hassle.   

I'll say this though--from what I've seen, the problems don't tend to be major things like the engine or ****** going up in smoke.  Instead, it'll be minor things like a tail light not working, or a window regulator that goes bad well before it should, or an alarm that will just randomly go off.  And unless you're a savvy VAG enthusiast, those little fixes will drive you mad b/c they WILL happen over time.    

Definitely great cars to drive though--that's undeniable. 
Thanks for the input my old acura would have issues like this and I can't even lie it was annoying.  

Back
Top Bottom