Sean Williams lookin real freak nasty.... (pause)

6y3ah3d.jpg

First thing I thought when they drafted him was "hey, look, a more athletic, younger Miki Moore!" and thus far I feel correct. People were scaredabout the off court issues with this kid, but so far he has been fine, and on court, he has been beastin' for a rook only gettin 20 min.

Now should this be a "Jason Kidd making anybody over 6'10" (not named Jason Collins) look amazing" post..... maybe, but Sean's freaky athletic ability,especially on blocks is straight
eek.gif
. So here's too, as Ian Eagleapparently says, the "Elastic Man" (word to Stacy Augmon), who so far is proving the doubters wrong, keep it up young buck.
pimp.gif

PS: Nets Fans, lemme know what you think (of his future, overall ability, skill, ect), since the only place I see Sean is on Fantasy Tickers, Sportscenter, andmany many NBA.com Top Tens.

sick.gif
sick.gif
� Turiaf got straight baptized, word toJohn The.

eek.gif
eek.gif

[table][tr][td]
Career Averages
[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]�Career[/td] [td][/td] [td]FG[/td] [td][/td] [td]3PT[/td] [td][/td] [td]FT[/td] [td][/td] [td]Rebounds[/td] [td][/td] [td]Misc[/td] [/tr][tr][td]�Year[/td] [td]Team[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]Min�[/td] [td]M[/td] [td]A[/td] [td]Pct[/td] [td]�[/td] [td]M[/td] [td]A[/td] [td]Pct[/td] [td]�[/td] [td]M[/td] [td]A[/td] [td]Pct[/td] [td]�[/td] [td]Off[/td] [td]Def[/td] [td]Tot[/td] [td]�[/td] [td]Ast[/td] [td]TO[/td] [td]Stl[/td] [td]Blk[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]PPG[/td] [td]�[/td] [/tr][tr][td]�2007-08[/td] [td]NJ[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]19:30�[/td] [td]2.9[/td] [td]4.7[/td] [td]62.5[/td] [td][/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]�[/td] [td]2.5[/td] [td]3.8[/td] [td]66.7[/td] [td]�[/td] [td]1.9[/td] [td]2.7[/td] [td]4.6[/td] [td]�[/td] [td]0.1[/td] [td]1.8[/td] [td]0.7[/td] [td]2.2[/td] [td]2.4[/td] [td]8.3
[/td] [/tr][/table]

He's an absolute monster. And I tried to tell everyone about him when he slipped so far in the draft. Incredible incredible steal for the Nets.

Too bad they have all these damn injuries. And I'm sick of the damn coach.... he needs to give Sean consistent minutes. There is NO excuse to play JasonCollins over anyone.

rumor has it if he slipped to the warriors they wouldn't of traded j-rich. ya the nets kinda screwed over on that one

i love his game. i wasn't worried about his off-court issues and i was hoping that he would drop to the warriors, but he got picked 1 too early
frown.gif

Had the warriors gotten him at 18 and not traded J-Rich they wouldn't have the $10 million trade exception. Be glad, they're doing fine w/o him. He wasthe heart and soul of the warriors but somewhere down the road they'll be more of a contender because they traded him.

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

smh.gif
at myself...

i came in here looking for this dude with a new do:

8fd59pu.jpg

^Thats Sean Marshall. But Sean Williams has the best timing on blocks that I've seen or played against

Good post...

Yea Sean will end up being a great player. Monster rebounder, great shot blocker, good defender, has potential to do big things. You can see when he is outthere how he just glides down the court...& the wingspan is amazing.

He can obviously finish high above the rim & around the basket as well. Every now & then he posts up & has some god spin moves...just doesn'tget the oppurtunity that much. You can see him working before every game with Assistant coach Bill Cartwright though.

Overall with his ability & all his features, he can be a very good player & does have a bright future.

Hats off to Rod Thorn once again for having a great pick in the draft.

eek.gif
@ Sean Marshall....Is he done at BC? I thought he was a Sr. last season....

anyways, as far as Sean Williams, I have been a big fan of his since I seen him play at BC a few years back. You could just see the jaw-dropping athleticismand potential he had. He has a good mentor in John Lucas, so hopefully he can stay on the right path and achieve what he can. I was a HUGE advocate of theWizards drafting him, because he would be the defensive presence that they needed either coming off of the bench, or even starting at some point this season.It's early, but from what I know, it seems like he is serious about keeping himself out of trouble and clean. The sky is the limit for what he can do onthe defensive end, and as I said way before he got drafted, you are seriously looking at Marcus Camby 2.0

Hmm, dunks and blocks. These make for great highlights, but where are the Nets wins?

Adjust for the Jason Kidd effect.

It's early, but from what I know, it seems like he is serious about keeping himself out of trouble and clean.
That's going to be the biggest issue. If he can keep his head on straight and avoid any issues, that man is going to be a star in this league.He's got as much raw talent as anyone I ever played with or against, it's just a matter of keeping him focused and his head on straight... Absolutemonster.

Hmm, dunks and blocks. These make for great highlights, but where are the Nets wins?
Here are the reasons why that comment is absolutely irrelevant.

1. He's a rookie. How many rookies are responsible for their teams winning big games right now?
2. The Nets are only around .500 because they were missing 4 players, including VC for 5 games... all of which they lost. They are 7-3 with Vince in thelineup.

Originally Posted by chikickz

Adjust for the Jason Kidd effect.

Funny thing is Joakim Noah was picked 9th and Williams was picked 17th. Whose producing in the early season?

Standing
Bulls: 3 wins - 10 losses
Nets: 7 wins - 8 losses

1) Did I assert that Chicago or Joakim Noah was in any better situation than Williams or the Nets? That's a big NO.

2) Joakim Noah is a shot blocker that plays for a Chicago club that has Ben Wallace and Tyrus Thomas, also well known shot blockers, ahead of him in therotation. The Nets have no shot blockers ahead of Williams in the rotation. You might be able to get away with calling Josh Boone a shot blocker.

A better question to ask would be why isn't Sean Williams shooting 100% from the field if all his attempts are dunks.

A better question to ask would be why isn't Sean Williams shooting 100% from the field if all his attempts are dunks.

ohwell.gif
Que...?
So are ya sayin he should be shooting 100% from the field? Cause thats a bit of a lofty standard to hold somebody too.He's got 100 NBA points, but only 15 NBA dunks, so there are 70 points coming from other, non-dunk points..... so..... I'm assuming I'm readingthat wrong?
Either way lets not get this broken down into a Bulls vs. Nets debate, this is just a "hey, Sean Williams, good job not getting caught blazin down yet,and oh, by the way, cool dunk" sorta post, so if ya want Bulls vs. Nets, find a season thread.

A great player? No

Solid player who fits in real well with who he's playing with...yes

He's is NOT as good a basketball player as Noah...he just has found a place to fit in and can use his athleticism

Back
Top Bottom