SD and LA Heads help me out with my trip please

I'm planning a trip for mid october to SD and LA, coming from the East coast. This will be my first time in Cali. :D

I'll probably be in SD for Monday through Thursday by myself, then head to LA with at least one of my homies for Thursday through Sunday.

For the SD portion:
- Which area should I stay in to get the most out of SD? I'm single, 25 years old, and really just want to do a lot of beach chilling, bar hopping, food eating, and girl meeting. I won't have a car but I do want some good grub and want to go to sea world. I do want to be close to the beach and bars though. What would be a good area to stay in? I'm not strapped for cash but don't want to spend a **** load either. Any suggestions?

For the LA portion:
- I may have a car for this portion. Same type of question where is a good area to stay in to see a good amount of LA in a couple of days. I'm not to concerned with the beaches in LA because I know I want to hit Venice. I want to check out the Getty center. I want to grub and be close to some good nightlife. Where would be a good area to stay?

Gaslamp district is right in middle of downtown SD and walking distance from all the bars and nightlife. I'm not sure how close it is to the beach and it is definitely not walking distance to the zoo or seaworld.  However, hotels in the gaslamp district are fairly expensive, but they are walking distance from a lot of bars, restaurants, and clubs.

While in LA, if you have a car it won't matter where you stay.  I say try to find something cheaper around lax area and just drive up to venice and the getty.  They are both pretty much off the 405. 

Definitely try in n out when you're over here in LA/Cali!

I would reccomend staying in culver city . Close to everything .

Edit: if you have a car it still matters. LA from one side to Anotner is 1:30 in traffic... Nobody wanna drive that

Last edited:
I would reccomend staying in culver city . Close to everything .

Edit: if you have a car it still matters. LA from one side to Anotner is 1:30 in traffic... Nobody wanna drive that
Yeah, I agree.  If you wanna hit up the beaches, Venice, and Getty Center when in L.A., I'd stay at a hotel north of LAX (El Seguendo) - Culver City.   Hotel rooms should be reasonably priced and no real issue with parking.  Plus, downtown Culver City has a small night life and Abbot Kinney is nearby.

When your in SD. I would really suggest staying in Pacific Beach based on what you said you want to do while out here.

Not having a car though anytime out here in SD or a anywhere in Cali is a big trip killer. Mass transit especially in SD is pretty bad. You should really consider getting a cheap rent a car while out here.

If you have the time head down south and cross the boarder and check out Hong Kong bar & club in TJ.

Back
Top Bottom