Sacramento Woman allows Dell Tech Rep in India to locate her "photos" on her computer

Tara Fitzgerald of Sacramento needed help. The nude photos she had taken for her boyfriend were nowhere to be found on her computer, so she called Dell in December 2008. She was patched through to support tech Riyaz Shaikh, an employee of call service center in India, and gave him permission to search her PC remotely. What happened next was horrifying, said Fitzgerald:
"I watched him take the pictures out of my e-mail. I watched him."

More than a dozen of those pictures ended up on a site called "@#$@#$$." Shaikh offered his "help" again, allegedly telling Fitzgerald he could work on taking down the site if she sent him a brand new Dell laptop. Fitzgerald agreed:
"And I'm telling myself, my conscience is talking to me saying, 'Tara, don't send this. What are you doing? Are you crazy?' I sent it anyways because I really believed in this guy. I really had faith that he was protecting my dignity."

Both Fitzgerald and reporter George Warren of News10 have contacted Dell about the situation, but the company has yet to respond. To read more about Fitzgerald's story, go to News10 and KGO-TV.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/scavenger/detail?entry_id=68992#ixzz0v8f3pvZO

Tara Fitzgerald of Sacramento needed help. The nude photos she had taken for her boyfriend were nowhere to be found on her computer, so she called Dell in December 2008. She was patched through to support tech Riyaz Shaikh, an employee of call service center in India, and gave him permission to search her PC remotely. What happened next was horrifying, said Fitzgerald:
"I watched him take the pictures out of my e-mail. I watched him."

More than a dozen of those pictures ended up on a site called "@#$@#$$." Shaikh offered his "help" again, allegedly telling Fitzgerald he could work on taking down the site if she sent him a brand new Dell laptop. Fitzgerald agreed:
"And I'm telling myself, my conscience is talking to me saying, 'Tara, don't send this. What are you doing? Are you crazy?' I sent it anyways because I really believed in this guy. I really had faith that he was protecting my dignity."

Both Fitzgerald and reporter George Warren of News10 have contacted Dell about the situation, but the company has yet to respond. To read more about Fitzgerald's story, go to News10 and KGO-TV.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/scavenger/detail?entry_id=68992#ixzz0v8f3pvZO

roll.gif

stupid.

Originally Posted by moneymike88

how long have they had the ability to access your pc remotely?
I'm not sure.. I do know that most email services review emails and keep records of them, though.

Originally Posted by moneymike88

how long have they had the ability to access your pc remotely?
I'm not sure.. I do know that most email services review emails and keep records of them, though.

Back
Top Bottom