Ryan Clark takes a shot (no Bosley) at SAS's hairline....open season on ESPN employees continues

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

He just addressed it today on First Take. Said 'you know what you can kiss.'

:roliin

SAS said that?? 
laugh.gif

Athletes vs. ESPN employees > Biggie vs. Pac 

Sure did ether that boy. The love feat going on between Skip and SAS lately coming to each other's defense has been turning my stomach.
sick.gif

Ryan Clark is a lame. He was crying like Chris Bosh that whole day. He wishes he was as entertaining as SAS.

Them 2 know that they are the 2 highest paid clowns on tv, defending the spot cant be mad.

This dynamic has been going on for at least the past 20 years though.
There are certain guys like a Ryan Clark who aren't concuss and can speak well enough for the job. And then there are guys like Derrick Brooks and Steve Young who while clearly intelligent cant speak.
Its the reason Sean Salsbury had a job for 10 years. That backup don't get hit. I think Clark has a point though. The media isn't hiring dummies. They just aren't. But the football player has every advantage in terms of making the big bucks.  Stephen broke in in the newspaper era, he carved out his niche at Fox, and perfected it at ESPN. I mean this dude had late night, and I would kill for his show right now. ( budget just aint work)  Stephen is prob the last guy you need to come after. Its just jacked up that he was the one who said what the print guys at ESPN think.
They appreciate the outlet ESPN provides, but they feel that a non player perspective is better than the player perspective, they take the money but don't feel appreciated for the fact that they usually say or write the story that the analyst comments on.

The players think that these guys are heartless, snakes and they dig for stories with little or no regard.

At ESPN utimately it comes down to how comfortable the guys end up being on national tv. What Ryan is saying is that my football already qualifies me, and my degree over qualifies me. What Stephen is saying it that we can co exist, but were ultimately more versatile. You guys end up only as analyst and we are journalist and those are 2 different things.

Both are right, but as a former athlete you would have to fight hard for that writing position because those journalists fought for theirs.

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Them 2 know that they are the 2 highest paid clowns on tv, defending the spot cant be mad.

There are certain guys like a Ryan Clark who aren't concuss and can speak well enough for the job. And then there are guys like Derrick Brooks and Steve Young who while clearly intelligent cant speak.
Its the reason Sean Salsbury had a job for 10 years. That backup don't get hit. I think Clark has a point though. The media isn't hiring dummies. They just aren't. Stephen broke in in the newspaper era, he carved out his niche at Fox, and perfected it at ESPN. Ultimately it comes down to how comfortable the guys end up being on national tv. What Ryan is saying is that my football already qualifies me, and my degree over qualifies me. What Stephen is saying it that we can co exist, but were ultimately more versatile. You guys end up only as analyst and we are journalist and those are 2 different things.

Both are right, but as a former athlete you would have to fight hard for that writing position because those journalists fought for theirs.

Can't really speak on Derrick Brooks, but what leads you to believe that Steve Young can't speak?  I don't see it.  I think he comes off very well on TV. 

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Its the reason Sean Salsbury had a job for 10 years. That backup don't get hit. I think Clark has a point though. The media isn't hiring dummies. They just aren't. Stephen broke in in the newspaper era, he carved out his niche at Fox, and perfected it at ESPN. Ultimately it comes down to how comfortable the guys end up being on national tv. What Ryan is saying is that my football already qualifies me, and my degree over qualifies me. What Stephen is saying it that we can co exist, but were ultimately more versatile. You guys end up only as analyst and we are journalist and those are 2 different things.

Can't really speak on Derrick Brooks, but what leads you to believe that Steve Young can't speak?  I don't see it.  I think he comes off very well on TV. 

He is getting better at this point it may be unfair to him to have said that, but the concussions are why he wasn't great from day 1.
The shuddering, lack of fluidity in his conversation awkard moments where the point didn't get across. If countdown had a guy who started as a traditional journalist the dynamic would have been different. Steve just got to the point where you can use him in multiple situations (2008 $*%)
For a person with average intelligence and attention span I can imagine most of the ESPN guys would be hard to tolerate, thats why every 2 months we get the Im abandoning ESPN thread.

The thing is this... At the end of the day sports reporters and talk radio personalities will always get the last word.

So it doesn't matter how you address the matter at hand, they will always get the last word. You're better off taking the stance that they don't exist.

They have been looking like pathetic fools for a week

These guys think they are a gift to the world. It's been journalists slurping journalists for days. It's disgusting. Delusional. This guy SAS thinks he is Tim Russert or something. The amount of EGO is astounding

They truly think that it's more rare to be a journalist than a professional athlete. They have been falling all Oliver each other pumping up their credentials. As if nobody could do their job

You guys are SHOCK JOCKS. Plenty of people can do what you do. Many people dont want to go on tv and lie and exaggerate and demean other people

And none of it would matter if they could take what they dish out. But they can't. They been having sad long faces about tiny jabs

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

The thing is this... At the end of the day sports reporters and talk radio personalities will always get the last word.

So it doesn't matter how you address the matter at hand, they will always get the last word. You're better off taking the stance that they don't exist.
The fact that Stephen wont debate him says all that needs to be said about Ryan clarifying his statements etc.

Stephen implied that ESPN hired people who were not articulate enough for the job. It doesnt have to be about all athletes. The fact you implied that means you hold at best a portion of them in lower regard for that reason. I doubt Ryan would argue that all athletes were equipped for the job, but implying that the guys who get and interview for the job are ill equipped is disrespectful.

Skip was legitimate, its just that with first take and its shock format, the comments about Aikman etc he bastardizes himself as a writer. Each passing year he finds himself trapped at ESPN and first take even more. Its just like how Stephen tried to slow down the ESPN stuff after Quite Frankly the newspaper ain't want him.

ESPN is pimping both sides, the "reporter" really after a year or 2  arent as legitimate unless they are Michael Holey, or Woody Page cant go work somewhere else unless they already have a second or third job. ( Kevin Blackistone) And if ESPN drops you there are fewer outlets to chose from.

And to have the balls to say. Uhhhhh oh well you can always come and fend yourself.

Why the %+%% should I help you get more money and name recognition? Athletes coming on to defend themselves are just legitimizes skip. There is no reason to help their bottom line. I wouldn't even mention his name

It's unfortunate that Ryan misrepresented SAS words. I can appreciate SAS response, you never want someone to misrepresent your statements. I thought Ryan did a great job on ESPN when he was there. There was no need to take a jab at SAS personally. I read all the tweets Ryan has tweeted about the situation, smh. "Ill be the last athlete he tries in that way" Really? You want to fight SAS now? C'mon, smh.

He took a hairline jab it can't be that serious. Where all the people that said the athletes should just take it at? If my hairline was as jacked as SAS and somebody commented on it I wouldn't be upset. You know when cats done hit a nerve. Last thing just cause you use big words when they aren't neccesarily needed don't mean jack and I like SAS.

Yea, SAS bodied him hard today and said something on the lines of " you know where to meet me" ... Clark is mad bout to tell SAS to shoot him a fade.

First Take is probably the worst thing going in sports. It's amazing to me it has the following it does.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

First Take is probably the worst thing going in sports. It's amazing to me it has the following it does.

What would you say is wrong with first take ? or how does it ruin sports as a whole?

I saw this Monday morning. I don't get it. ESPN is really sitting there talking to athletes about journalism now? Really? For like half an hour?

What the hell man.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Peteweezy

He took a hairline jab it can't be that serious. Where all the people that said the athletes should just take it at? If my hairline was as jacked as SAS and somebody commented on it I wouldn't be upset. You know when cats done hit a nerve. Last thing just cause you use big words when they aren't neccesarily needed don't mean jack and I like SAS.

Agreed but SAS took exception to the misrepresentation of his words not the hairline jab.  I think both were unnecessary.  

We aren't blind though, SAS's hairline jacked up, lol.

This is just great.

ESPN has moved from the scripted drama business to now making their employees part of the news stories. It's awesome.

What's sad is this is only going to get worse as we know how this works.

It almost makes a guy yearn for NFL training camp starting and 24 hours of Tebow.

Back
Top Bottom