Rickey Henderson's Induction Speech into the HOF

http://mlb.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?content_id=5754559&c_id=mlb

pimp.gif

enough said.

RICKEY HENDERSON = MAN OF STEAL

Originally Posted by pdoggy85

I love Rickey, but good lord. Did he not graduate middle school?

He actually went to Oakland Tech ! Haha -- tells you bout our educamationalism system

Originally Posted by channelsicks

Originally Posted by pdoggy85

I love Rickey, but good lord. Did he not graduate middle school?

He actually went to Oakland Tech ! Haha -- tells you bout our educamationalism system

laugh.gif
Marshawn lynch went there too.
That boy can't speak for the life of him.

dude is like a cyborg programmed to never spit more that 3 words at a time.

"she gave me ..................a quarter to ................play ..............the............... baseball"

laugh.gif

moms has a warriors ticket stub that rickey signed for my dad when i was growing up. she is not willing to let that thing go. goes to show you the love andrespect our fam has for him, its like a family heirloom. Congrats Rickey.

i remember i was watchin baseball on TV with my dad and I was pretty young, Rickey's on first base and my dad's like, "that's rickeyhenderson, he's incredibly fast". like 2 pitches later, dude swiped a bag
pimp.gif

rickey-henderson-squatting-WI-072709-lg.jpg

smokin.gif

One of my favorite players growing up.

I was a big fan of the A's (except during the '88 World Series,
laugh.gif
) with Rickey Henderson, Jose Canseco, Mark McGwire, Dave Parker, Terry Steinbach, Carney Lansford, Dennis Eckersly, Dave Stewart, etc. Especiallyduring the 1989 World Series. One of the best teams ever assembled, despite the fact they only won 1 World Series.

I'm pissed that youtube/mlb won't allow the infamous "TODAY, I AM THE GREATEST" speech.

Can't find that joint anywhere.
smh.gif

My favorite player of all time.
pimp.gif

Rickey-Henderson-939-Stolen-Bases-1991-Photograph-C10103677.jpeg

Greatest lead-off hitter & base runner ever. Most stolen bases, runs scored, unintentional walks and lead off HR's. 10 time All-Star and top-100 HRhitter. Rickey did it all and the longevity of his career was crazy (24 yrs.). 130 stolen bases in a season is just crazy by itself
eek.gif

Looking at this dudes resume on Wiki just baffles me -

Career highlights and awards
10x All-Star selection (1980, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1990, 1991)
2x World Series champion (1989, 1993)
3x Silver Slugger Award winner (1981, 1985, 1990)
Gold Glove Award winner (1981)
1990 AL MVP
1989 ALCS MVP
1999 NL Comeback Player of the Year

MLB Records

1,406 career stolen bases
2,295 career runs
81 career lead-off home runs
130 stolen bases, single season

Rickey is the man! Never will there be a player like him! Conrats on the HOF! I was getting sick of seeing Suzuki wearing #24!
laugh.gif
Is anyonelse going to be atthe # retirement on Saturday?? Got my Rickey #24 Home A's jersey ready!

Back
Top Bottom