Report: Les Miles candidate again for Michigan job

Wow. Funny i heard from a couple people late last week "Dont rule out Miles being at Michigan opening game"

This dude is about to get bank. Wherever that is.

roll.gif
smh.gif

Dude will look bad if he ends up going to UMich

It would be worse then what saban did with miami abd bama last year.

And didn't he sign that contract?? They had to put something in there about him leaving

Nice little distraction.

Advantage: Ohio State.

Tressel bout to give em a sneak preview of the arsekicking he'll receive every year.

This is so stupid, either he wants this job or he doesn't. And either UofM wants him or they don't. He was my number 1 guy but now idc just sign acoach who isnt from the current staff.

Wow. People still trusting ESPN. People that say they know what is going on with this search are completely lying. The word is nothing is getting out andeverything we hear through the media is made up. They have put their search underground and are not leaking anything that they are doing. No clue what is goingon but I am sure that Herbie will come out of nowhere with his sources and drop a bomb.

If they are speaking it is the FIRST TIME they have spoken. The early reports were made up by the media and in fact Martin had never spoke with Les. He said hewould speak to Les after the SEC CG and now it appears that he may have done that. No clue though. I really don't care what people say about him as aperson, the LSU AD backed him into a corner and made him make a decision that day. Michigan kept their distance as they said they would and Les had to make adecision that he felt was needed at the time. If he stays at LSU or comes to Michigan I think he will do good. But people saying they have a source that isfeeding them info is an outright liar. I do know someone that is VERY close to the situation but I take everything I hear from him and keep it to myself. Myguy did know that Schiano was going to coming to Michigan but at the 11th hour decided to stay. This guy has also shed some light on what is happening but I amnot taking it as gospel.

Wow. People still trusting ESPN. People that say they know what is going on with this search are completely lying. The word is nothing is getting out and everything we hear through the media is made up. They have put their search underground and are not leaking anything that they are doing. No clue what is going on but I am sure that Herbie will come out of nowhere with his sources and drop a bomb.

If they are speaking it is the FIRST TIME they have spoken. The early reports were made up by the media and in fact Martin had never spoke with Les. He said he would speak to Les after the SEC CG and now it appears that he may have done that. No clue though. I really don't care what people say about him as a person, the LSU AD backed him into a corner and made him make a decision that day. Michigan kept their distance as they said they would and Les had to make a decision that he felt was needed at the time. If he stays at LSU or comes to Michigan I think he will do good. But people saying they have a source that is feeding them info is an outright liar. I do know someone that is VERY close to the situation but I take everything I hear from him and keep it to myself. My guy did know that Schiano was going to coming to Michigan but at the 11th hour decided to stay. This guy has also shed some light on what is happening but I am not taking it as gospel.
We have nothing else to trust... but i trust you over espn on this situation, so please, tell me, whats going on?
wink.gif

Is it really that surprising? There's no loyalty in today's coaching carousel. You can't really trust anyone.

If you're LSU, how are you gonna get the man to sign an extension, knowing he's got eyes for Michigan, and not have some kind of clause in it thatincreases his buyout if he leaves for UM? He doesn't get a raise unless they win the National Title, and even then, most of his extra money from thisextension is coming by way of reaching incentives...Seems like the door is still very much open for him to leave for the Michigan job.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Miles: 'I'll say it again, I'm going to be the coach at LSU'

ESPN.com news services
[/h1]

Updated: December 11, 2007, 3:55 PM ET

BATON ROUGE, La. -- LSU football coach Les Miles, responding to a published report that he had talked with Michigan officials last week, said Tuesday he is not a candidate for the Wolverines' vacant head coaching position.

The Detroit Free Press had reported that Miles spoke Friday morning with Michigan athletic director Bill Martin and university president Mary Sue Coleman, according to several people with knowledge of the call.

In a statement released by LSU, Miles said that was true. But he also clarified that the conversation was not about him.

"I had a conversation with Michigan last week that covered a wide range of topics. I was doing nothing more than helping them with their search for a football coach, just as any loyal alumnus might do. It was nothing more than that," Miles said.

"I'm not a candidate for that job and I will not be a candidate for the job. I was only assisting them in their search for a coach," he added. "I have a great job at a wonderful place, a place that my family calls home. It's time that Michigan goes on with their search for a football coach.

ncf_g_miles_300.jpg

Chris Graythen/Getty Images

Les Miles reportedly was contacted by Michigan after agreeing to a new deal with LSU. The big question: What was discussed?
"I'll say it again, I'm going to be the coach at LSU next season."
Miles signed a contract extension at LSU on Thursday.

Michigan, which has yet to find a successor for the retired Lloyd Carr, had previously obtained permission from LSU to contact Miles about its coaching vacancy on the condition that it was after the Dec. 1 Southeastern Conference championship game. The Tigers will play Ohio State in the Allstate BCS Championship Game on Jan. 7 in New Orleans.

Miles' contract extension at LSU reportedly still contains a $1.25 million buyout he must pay if he leaves Baton Rouge for Ann Arbor. Miles played for Bo Schembechler at Michigan and twice was part of the late Schembechler's coaching staff.

Michigan associate athletic director Bruce Madej said the university is not commenting on the coaching search, and Miles' agent, George Bass, declined comment, the Free Press reported.

Earlier, Tuesday, Bertman told ESPN's Joe Schad he can't stop other schools from calling Miles.

"He signed the contract on Thursday. So even if he did [talk to Michigan] I would think it wouldn't matter. Because Les wants to be here. He is an honorable man," Bertman told ESPN. "I don't believe he would lead anybody the wrong way."

Bertman told the Free Press that Miles' amended contract includes free tuition for his children at LSU, academic incentives based on his players' achievements and a double payment of his remaining deal if he is fired.

"Les made a decision he wanted to stay. He loves Michigan, but the truth is, for Les Miles at this time, this is probably a better place," Bertman said, according to the Free Press.

I dont think he is going to jump, but if he does it will be after the championchip game AND it
would be even worse than Saben
smh.gif

I really don't have any new info. It seems like anytime something happens ESPN goes crazy with it and talks like he is going to AA. If I were to bet rightnow, I would say that he stays at LSU. I think this is getting to him and he really is getting sick of it with a MNC game real close. If they would have wentafter him RIGHT after Carr retired he would be at Michigan. I think he took offense that he was #3 on their list and then got a bid to the MNC shortly after.Too many things went against Michigan in this process and they only have themselves to blame by being turned down by 4 guys ALREADY. 2 you have definitelyheard about. 1 you may know and the 4th will never be named. Even though I know who it is. Now the guys they are looking at are pretty crappy in my eyes. Not 1would I be overjoyed with. the only guy I would accept would be Chris Petersen but I have heard from a guy close to the situation that he loves Boise and wouldmore than likely only go to a NorCal or PacNW job.

Hahaha Michigan is mad that LSU got their man, so they are gonna cause drama and hopefully affect his coaching, and help their biggest rival.

If dude does leave and LSU doesn't win the championship he'll be hated more than Saban.

Must've come to his senses, he ain't bout to Pete Caroll the SEC. Better get his Chip and run.
He aint gonna be Petey in the big10 either.

Any1 else really feel like he's gonna end up in ann arbor?
roll.gif
And ifhe does, next yr JT gonna be 3-0 vs. Miles..

+$%! bill martin for all this. when all is said and done it will be ron english.

Originally Posted by swendro88

+$%! bill martin for all this. when all is said and done it will be ron english.

English shoulda peaced when Carr called it quits. I really don't want this guy coaching for UMich next season. Even though Michigan traditionally hiresin house, I want someone like Chris Petersen from Boise State.

^Is that you?
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom