Quick Religion question

A friend of mine were having a respectful argument for and against religion. He doesnt care that i dont believe in god and i dont care that he does itscompletely fine. But we wanted to see eachothers views on the topic is to why. This is my question, when talking about christianity in general, all forms ofchristianity. Can you believe that there is other life forms out side of this earth. Cause ive always been told if your a christian, Jesus put you here andonly here. Its against the rules of the bible to beleive other life forms exist. My friend said hes never been told that before while being an faithfulchristian. I could be wrong. So can you believe in other forms of life outside of this earth while being christian? (If your gonna follow all the rules ofchristianity)

Truthfully there's nothing in the bible saying there aren't other life forms. Ignorance (arrogance and pride)has perpetuated that idea among Christiansand ignorance has led non-Christians to believe that because that's how most come off.

ClevelandPrince Im not asking if there is Aliens. Are you allowed to believe in them if your a christian.

I honestly don't know the answer to your question, but just for the sake of it...

Religion is a business if you ask me.

I don't believe in a "certain" God.

I have faith in the family and friends I have lost to help me through. I feel like they are the ones that are watching me and looking after me.

Its against the rules of the bible to beleive other life forms exist.

laugh.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]What makes Earth so special? God created other planets, solar systems etc for thehell of it?[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Doubt it.[/color]

Originally Posted by Gabe Gotti

I honestly don't know the answer to your question, but just for the sake of it...

Religion is a business if you ask me.

I don't believe in a "certain" God.

I have faith in the family and friends I have lost to help me through. I feel like they are the ones that are watching me and looking after me.

and here we go

Originally Posted by ProduccionFrescos

laugh.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]What makes Earth so special? God created other planets, solar systems etc for the hell of it?[/color]

See this is the stuff that gets me. What is God ? Is he a human ? Alien like creature ? It's just very confusing.
ohwell.gif

I think there are other lifeforms outside of Earth.

Personally, I don't think the Church has any right to tell people what to believe in this regard. They seem to be decades behind the science community.

Heck, for years the Church didn't want to believe the findings of Galileo or Copernicus.

If everything is created by God, then He also created lifeforms outside of Earth. So yeah, it's ok to believe in aliens or whatever.

The first words of the Bible says "God created the HEAVENS and the EARTH." I believe that this is a purposed attempt to distinguish between us, andthen everything else.

The heavens is synonymous with universe, sky, above, space, etc. So as a Christian I choose to interpret that although God created all of the universe (and itis huge lol) he does not mention any other life forms and thus only intended for there to be one race, which he created in His image to glorify his name. Ofcourse this assumes that you believe in the Bible.

Now if you wanna get into parallel universes, i might be on board to accept that. But that would take a whole thread in and of itself. haha

Originally Posted by SWOBOYdeHTEEZY

What if the gods that religious people worship/follow are aliens?

I know this is gonna end up in a big religion conversation lol and im about to start it with my response to you. I think theres a better chance of Alienscreating us, knowing about us, and watching us, then some dude named Jesus creating us.

Originally Posted by Gabe Gotti

Originally Posted by ProduccionFrescos

laugh.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]What makes Earth so special? God created other planets, solar systems etc for the hell of it?[/color]

See this is the stuff that gets me. What is God ? Is he a human ? Alien like creature ? It's just very confusing.
ohwell.gif

I believe in God, but not in religion. I wonder where he could be or how he exists, but I believe he's there somewhere, don't get hungover it.

Originally Posted by wanksta23

never heard of that "rule"

Same here... Unless you're adoring them or considering them as gods, that can go against the bible..

Back
Top Bottom