Questions regarding Adderrall, for those in/done with college

I've done some research, but I would like to hear the opinions and thoughts of those who have used Adderrall to study/stay awake in college. What are yourthoughts, suggestions, stories about you/ or others that you know. How much (how often) is too much? Is it really that unhealthy? What are the long termeffects? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I recommend against it. It is powerful and euphoric stimulant, it is cocaine or methamphetamine lite. In my experience those who take it to study react in twoways. They get too jittery to do much of anything or they are able to handle its stimulant properties and get so high that they do not want to waste their highwith serious study.

I have seen it help people on the day of the test or while actually writing a research paper, it does give you confidence so if you are lacking in that area,it can help. When it comes to actual reading, research or test prep, do it sober or with the help of just some tea or coffee only.

I would also advise against it.

I've never used it but in the experiences of my friends who mostly all use it, it isn't something you want to rely on. Most of them have a hard timeworking without using it now, and when they are taking it the night before, they spend half the time doing non-academic things, and what they do"learn" usually isn't processed long term and remembered after that next day.

Not to mention they often use it around the same time, during midterms, finals, etc. So they stay up all night, 3 times a week, on a stimulant half the time noless, and they don't look well whatsoever.

I'm glad that I didn't start trying it out until the senior year of college. If I started using it prior to that then I'm sure I would rely on itall through my college career. In my experience, you can develop a tolerance for it very quickly which meant that I would have to take more and more just toget the same effects.

Back
Top Bottom