Question about the Puma Suede?

I was looking at some old school kicks in my closet and came across some puma suede from high school over a decade ago. I notice it just said puma and the side whereas the pairs in stores now say puma suede on the side. Can anyone enlighten me as to why it says puma suede now instead of just puma?

Does anyone know how the ogs were? Puma or puma suede on the side?

I was looking at some old school kicks in my closet and came across some puma suede from high school over a decade ago. I notice it just said puma and the side whereas the pairs in stores now say puma suede on the side. Can anyone enlighten me as to why it says puma suede now instead of just puma?

Does anyone know how the ogs were? Puma or puma suede on the side?

I'm no expert but I don't think it was a consistent thing. I've seen some newer Suedes even without "Puma" on the side, i.e.

puma-suede-blacklight-snake-3.jpg

You may want to visit Crooked Tongues and ask there. They have an entire Puma section in their forum and the guys there know their stuff.

I'm no expert but I don't think it was a consistent thing. I've seen some newer Suedes even without "Puma" on the side, i.e.

puma-suede-blacklight-snake-3.jpg

You may want to visit Crooked Tongues and ask there. They have an entire Puma section in their forum and the guys there know their stuff.

thanks for the imput. man i love the puma suedes. i think they are the best old school shoes out of all the classics (superstars, Kswiss classic, cortez, chuck taylors, reebok classics, etc)

thanks for the imput. man i love the puma suedes. i think they are the best old school shoes out of all the classics (superstars, Kswiss classic, cortez, chuck taylors, reebok classics, etc)

I think the OG's only had "puma" .. i remeber having a pair of red and whites back in 1995 (even thou the og's are from like the 60's) and it only said puma. Also the shape of the shoe was better back then imo. Now they got the well-known banana look most of the times i see them in the stores. But yea, they're one of the cleanest old school's along side with the adidas campus.

I think the OG's only had "puma" .. i remeber having a pair of red and whites back in 1995 (even thou the og's are from like the 60's) and it only said puma. Also the shape of the shoe was better back then imo. Now they got the well-known banana look most of the times i see them in the stores. But yea, they're one of the cleanest old school's along side with the adidas campus.

It's possible they could be a different model than the Suedes.

A lot of low-top Pumas are so similar in styles.

It's possible they could be a different model than the Suedes.

A lot of low-top Pumas are so similar in styles.

they started branding them to avoid confusion between suedes clydes and baskets as far as i know

they started branding them to avoid confusion between suedes clydes and baskets as far as i know

^Not a bad idea, given how similar all of them (including the States) look. The Clyde is probably the most distinguishable, since the form stripes go into the midsole at a much more "gentle" angle, whereas the States/Baskets/Suedes form stripe "bends" more into the midsole, i.e.

puma-clyde-spring-2007-9.jpg

puma-states-clydes-1.jpg

^Not a bad idea, given how similar all of them (including the States) look. The Clyde is probably the most distinguishable, since the form stripes go into the midsole at a much more "gentle" angle, whereas the States/Baskets/Suedes form stripe "bends" more into the midsole, i.e.

puma-clyde-spring-2007-9.jpg

puma-states-clydes-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom