question about kobe and michael vick???

ok so i was talking with girl friend about how i like to watch kobe play and she says "kobe's gay" and i say why? she says hes a ra*er and imlike yea he did it then it turns into why didnt nike drop kobe like they did with michael vick. So niketalk my question is this why is kobe still undercontract nike? thanks for who ever answers...

he lost all fo his endorsments. (sprite, Adidas, Mickey D's)
it was like 2 years later that he got a deal again with nike.

because he was never convicted and they realize he is a cash cow. He is also one of the most polarizing figures in sports, either you love him or hate him,either way that amounts to ratings, sells, and publicity.

Originally Posted by cthakid

ok so i was talking with girl friend about how i like to watch kobe play and she says "kobe's gay" and i say why? she says hes a ra*er and im like yea he did it then it turns into why didnt nike drop kobe like they did with michael vick. So niketalk my question is this why is kobe still under contract nike? thanks for who ever answers...
Because he was never convicted

Originally Posted by jfreak23

i dont think he was under contract with nike at the time i could be wrong.

he was. and nike stuck with him

it took a few years for him to get a sig shoe. he still doesn't get any promotion

I have a strange feeling that Nike actually supports an athlete based on the likelihood that they'd beat the charges. If you look back to Kobe's case,it was essentially her word against his. I don't think there was enough "real" evidence to get him. However, in Vick's situation you hadco-conspirators that turned on Vick which made it very likely that dude was going down.

Cause Kobe didn't do it.
And Vick did.

And do you and your girlfriend always have fights over Kobe?

Not sure why people call him a rapist. He was never convicted. He admitted to having sex with her but thats because she wanted it. Only reason he wasntconvicted is because she made up lies and didnt want to go to trial. Knowing all that, why is he still called a rapist?

^ because some fans hate him to the point of not saying his name and believing such lies as the only thing to comment about him

Wasnt Kobe supposed to have a signature shoe out that year and then the trial happened, holding off his signature shoe for a while?

the signature shoe was the 2k4. when the first pictures dropped, it had this huge 8 ball where the huarache lodo is now. it was pretty gross. i'm guessingthe 2k5's were for him as well, but he got his shoe that next year.

it is odd that nike stuck with him through all of that, it seemed like from day one they dropped mike vick.

once again, it shows you that america values dogs over humans.

kobe potentially raped a woman, stick it out. vick potentially harmed dogs, drop him immediately.

^ I think that since Mike had no way out of his ordeal thats maybe why they dropped him immediately. As for Kobe it was speculation the whole way through. Butthen again, I didnt pay attention to much of both situations anyway so maybe Im wrong.

as soon as the charges were levied against mike vick he was released from his contract.

everybody did the same when kobe got his charges, but nike stuck with him. maybe they didn't want to do it. maybe nike is under a new direction. who knows.

He was def with Nike at the time and Nike just waited the situation out. Its really a no lose for Nike because they don't really market Kobe in America,they just make him a shoe and hope it sells. Plus Kobe was never convicted and he never even went to trial for anything so you can't really even say he didit. Also, once ESPN droped that graphic story on dog fighting Nike reallly had no choice, and PETA would have put so much pressure on Nike that it wouldn'tmake financial sense to keep Vick.

two completely different situations...I thought this thread was about to be about somethin else...

and Kobe was under contract with Nike...Remember, the H2k4 was orginally supposed to be his sig shoe. They decided to stick with him throughout...

It is because America cares more about animals, than it does Women. You can pay a woman off to make her shut up, but Kobe's stupidity made his situationmore possible. Nike can get with that, his stupidity is a great selling point.

Vick on the otherhand, had PETA on his butt. Nike doesnt want any issues with them, because it would shed more light on their aversion to doing the'right' thing.

Also, once ESPN droped that graphic story on dog fighting Nike reallly had no choice, and PETA would have put so much pressure on Nike that it wouldn't make financial sense to keep Vick.
as opposed to hearing a graphic RAPE story? you're proving the point that.....
America cares more about animals, than it does Women.
and that is a sad state of affairs.

Originally Posted by kash55

Cause Kobe didn't do it.
And Vick did.

And do you and your girlfriend always have fights over Kobe?

yes me and my girlfriend have fights over Kobe at least every time hes on t.v.

Originally Posted by Mister Jack Johnson

It is because America cares more about animals, than it does Women. You can pay a woman off to make her shut up, but Kobe's stupidity made his situation more possible. Nike can get with that, his stupidity is a great selling point.

Vick on the otherhand, had PETA on his butt. Nike doesnt want any issues with them, because it would shed more light on their aversion to doing the 'right' thing.

i truly hope no one believes Kobe "took" that P, if anything she handed it to him and he did his thing.
she seen a chance to get some $ and well....

Back
Top Bottom