PS3 is getting beat so bad, will it ever catch up???

Ive been a big supporter of PS3 but I'm about to scoop an Xbox today...PS3's year was supposed to be 2008 but it fell flat on it's face

I would like to think it has a future ahead of it but I dont know anymore

should I get rid of the PS3 altogether? I feel like once I buy an Xbox that I will never play it, 9/10 friends are on Xbox

PS3 is losing to the OG Xbox...
Article
nielsenvgratin08.jpg

Welcome. There is a PS3 and XBOX thread. I'll allow you to escape this time but don't let this happen again.

Originally Posted by osubass1

here we go again....
it's true, dont deny that it isnt

i dont even play mine b/c none of my friends have it...it's like a 12:2 ratio and the two with PS3 dont even play it

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Welcome. There is a PS3 and XBOX thread. I'll allow you to escape this time but don't let this happen again.

laugh.gif
are you kidding, im not new, this is my new SN

ive been around wayyyyy longer than you

Originally Posted by StillIn729

here we go again....

i dont even play mine b/c none of my friends have it...it's like a 12:2 ratio and the two with PS3 dont even play it
That makes no sense at all. You are clearly a follower. So follow your friends and get a 360 is that is the case.

WII
7.39M Japan
20.03M America
16.37M Others
43.80M 49.2% market share

0.86M Japan
15.33M America
10.30M Others
26.49M 29.7% MArket Share

PS3
2.64M Japan
7.26M America
8.92M Others
18.82M 21.1 Market Share

Whats more important is why the craptastic Wii is selling more than any other video game system. The Wii is garbage, i literally got tired of it in an hour

Originally Posted by cincybcats22

here we go again....

That makes no sense at all. You are clearly a follower. So follow your friends and get a 360 is that is the case.

i'm a follower b/c I want to play my friends?
laugh.gif
ok if you say so

The only reason 360 has sold more units is because most of their systems break down right after warranty expires thus making the owners going out and copping anew one. Microsoft is playin ya like a fiddle.

the thing is I do still have a PS3 right now but I havent really played it all that much in the last 6 months

all my college friends who are scattered are on Xbox as well as my other friends so I may get the Xbox and give it a try

I really thought the PS3 would do well in 2008 but it was a massacre for Sony

the thing is I do still have a PS3 right now but I havent really played it all that much in the last 6 months

all my college friends who are scattered are on Xbox as well as my other friends so I may get the Xbox and give it a try

what makes it a "massacre"?

you haven't told us that yet.

all of the major titles released on Xbox, are also on PS3 with the exception of exclusives. not to mention the PS3 is also a Blu-ray player, and one of thebest ones on the market.
they recently upgraded it to support TrueHD and DTS Master Audio.

you seem like you want some kind of legitimization for getting an Xbox. look, if you want an Xbox to "play your friends", then get an Xbox.

there's no point in starting yet ANOTHER post on this tired subject.

^ PREACH. Ps3's blu ray capabilities alone will keep it around for a lonnnnnng time.

all of the major titles released on Xbox, are also on PS3 with the exception of exclusives. not to mention the PS3 is also a Blu-ray player, and one of the best ones on the market.

you seem like you want some kind of legitimization for getting an Xbox. look, if you want an Xbox to "play your friends", then get an Xbox.

here you go fanboy, stop being a fanboy and be real with yourself

Considering the way that the Wii flew off shelves last month, this next item probably won't come as a shock to anyone. According to the Wall Street Journal, both Nintendo's console and the Xbox 360 trounced the PS3 in holiday sales, with U.S. sales falling nine percent from this month last year. During this same period, sales doubled for the Wii and rose eight percent for the Xbox 360. Perhaps none of this should be a surprise, as Sony declined to cut prices on their system, while a lack of exclusive game titles and a number of inexpensive Blu-ray players went a long way towards making the PS3 the least attractive option in an already difficult retail climate. If anything, it looks like Sony won't be able to rely on the console to help prop up a flagging electronics division that just announced it will be cutting thousands of jobs in a bid to boost profitability going into 2009. Happy New Year, indeed.
Filed under: Gaming

http://www.engadget.com/category/gaming/

laugh.gif

Ducktales.....pics of your old sn? Because you sure don't act like our kind around here
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by swizzc

^ PREACH. Ps3's blu ray capabilities alone will keep it around for a lonnnnnng time.
WRONG! The price of the blu-ray player is going down by the min. Soon it wont matter what the PS3 has it will fall. My friend jus copped a Sonyblu ray plus 4 blu ray movies for 250 flat online!

laugh.gif

Which makes it even worse that you dont know about the xbox/ps3 threads.

Smooth move Vet!

Originally Posted by Club29

laugh.gif

Which makes it even worse that you dont know about the xbox/ps3 threads.

Smooth move Vet!
i know about them, you post in a PS3 thread its all bias, you post in an Xbox thread it is all bias as well

Originally Posted by cincybcats22

here we go again....

i'm a follower b/c I want to play my friends?
laugh.gif
ok if you say so

laugh.gif

Xbox ftw.

all of the major titles released on Xbox, are also on PS3 with the exception of exclusives. not to mention the PS3 is also a Blu-ray player, and one of the best ones on the market.

here you go fanboy, stop being a fanboy and be real with yourself

Considering the way that the Wii flew off shelves last month, this next item probably won't come as a shock to anyone. According to the Wall Street Journal, both Nintendo's console and the Xbox 360 trounced the PS3 in holiday sales, with U.S. sales falling nine percent from this month last year. During this same period, sales doubled for the Wii and rose eight percent for the Xbox 360. Perhaps none of this should be a surprise, as Sony declined to cut prices on their system, while a lack of exclusive game titles and a number of inexpensive Blu-ray players went a long way towards making the PS3 the least attractive option in an already difficult retail climate. If anything, it looks like Sony won't be able to rely on the console to help prop up a flagging electronics division that just announced it will be cutting thousands of jobs in a bid to boost profitability going into 2009. Happy New Year, indeed.
Filed under: Gaming

http://www.engadget.com/category/gaming/

buy an Xbox.

buy an Xbox.

buy an Xbox.

who cares?

buy an Xbox. play with your friends.

buy an Xbox.

bad sales for PS3...buy an Xbox.

buy an Xbox. feel good about yourself.

buy an Xbox.

is that what you wanted?

if so, there you go...now you can feel better about yourself.

oh yeah, buy an Xbox.

have fun.

Back
Top Bottom