Pretty powerful/cool pic

Saw this one my friends facebook....don't think its been posted on here yet....
314594_2545874928614_1306000993_33006644_770198391_n.jpg

The night before the burial of her husband 2nd Lt. James Cathey of the United States Marine Corps, killed in Iraq, Katherine Cathey refused to leave the casket, asking to sleep next to his body for the last time. The Marines made a bed for her, tucking in the sheets below the flag. Before she fell asleep, she opened her laptop computer and played songs that reminded her of "Cat", and one of the Marines asked if she wanted them to continue standing watch as she slept.
"I think it would be kind of nice if you kept doing it" she said.
"I think that's what he would have wanted"

sad....

reminds me of the pic with the dog that laid down in front of his owners (a soldier too) casket

okay........yes he wanted a fellow soldier to stand all night for no apparent reason/benefit

its all love but come on

My first urge was to say something extremely sarcastic about how corny this looks...but then I have to remember that ...

This woman's emotional state must be on A WHOLE OTHER PLANE/ FIELD/ LEVEL right now...so...anything I might even suggest might technically not even be possible for her to comprehend.

Sad story indeed.

is it bad that i found the dog laying down in front of his owner's casket more "touching/sad"?

Originally Posted by CWrite78

is it bad that i found the dog laying down in front of his owner's casket more "touching/sad"?
I felt the same, and I think it's because she's on her laptop.. but she's playing music from her laptop that reminded her of him 

Props to the Marines for making the accommodations for her and the guy offering to stand there all night.  I have so much respect for those guys.

i'm pretty sure she was updating her fb status....and uhmm who took the pic?

its good to be dedicated tho. i wonder if the marine standing watch got the math..

sit ubu sit...good dog.

Back
Top Bottom