Preserving shoes

I know there are many ways of preserving shoes, but has anyone ever tried using like a tank of argon?
It is probably overkill but has anyone ever tried something super crazy/out there to keep their shoes fresh and icy?

not yet, but i'm working on it. I'm mostly just curious as to the craziest/best ways of doing it. People are constantly saying that silica packs dryout the glues and stuff, and vacuum packing ruins leather and stuff. To me argon makes the most sense for keeping your pairs fresh but it is pricey stuff.

Originally Posted by epicwin

ever tried using like a tank of argon?
Dudes using noble gases for some dam shoes
roll.gif

Originally Posted by WaveyJonesLocker

Originally Posted by epicwin

ever tried using like a tank of argon?
Dudes using noble gases for some dam shoes
roll.gif
roll.gif
Isn't that kind of overdoing it there? Some people wrap their shoesin plastic in addition to the silica packets.

JR5

So no one has ever even tried to use argon or something to preserve shoes? I thought that by now someone would have

Damn. Even Jrose5 came in here to clown.

But anyway, I'd just use silica packs. It's not like you're not gonna wear them for 10 years.

as in make a new topic or what? I wasn't sure where to put this because it is a pretty miscellaneous topic.

Seran wrap(not necessary), 1-2 silica gel packets(not touching any part of the shoe), and just store in your closet. Damp rid works well too.

Originally Posted by killacam92345

throw a silica packet in the box and you should be straight
You do realize that air gets into shoe boxes easily and silica packets easily become saturated with water?

Tumble dry your shoes for 23 minutes, the heat will kill the bacteria in the sole that causes yellowing.

Once they are out of the drying machine, seran wrap it and add 6 Silica packs, each representing the letters in JORDAN.
Ohh and a left foot of a rabbit adds good luck, hope i helped OP.

Back
Top Bottom