Pre NFL Draft Thread - Update, Jake Long #1

ESPN Lineup for 2008 NFL Draft
Berman, Johnson, Kiper, Mortensen and Young at Radio City Music Hall

Chris Berman and Mel Kiper, Jr., will lead a team of analysts and reporters for ESPN's 29th year of covering the NFL Draft April 26-27. ESPN's 16hours of live coverage over two days will be supplemented by Draft-related content on multiple ESPN platforms throughout the weekend, including ESPN Radio,ESPNEWS and ESPN.com.

Berman and Kiper, working their 28th and 25th NFL Drafts for ESPN, respectively, will be teamed with analysts Keyshawn Johnson and Steve Young, and NFL insiderChris Mortensen at Radio City Music Hall in New York on Day 1. Monday Night Football's Mike Tirico and Ron Jaworski will also be joined by CollegeGameDay's Kirk Herbstreit to provide on-site commentary, while reporter Suzy Kolber will conduct "green room" interviews with all the topprospects invited to the Draft.

SportsCenter Special: On the Clock at 11 a.m. ET on Saturday, April 26, will kickoff ESPN's comprehensive coverage. The four-hour program will include NFLLive's Trey Wingo with NFL analysts Cris Carter, Mike Ditka, Merril Hoge and Tom Jackson, ESPN Scouts Inc. director of college scouting Todd McShay, andESPN.com's Michael Smith in Bristol, Conn., as well as reporters around the league, before the focus shifts to Radio City Music Hall when the NFL Drafttelecast will begin at its new time of 3 p.m.

ESPN's Day 1 coverage will last until the conclusion of round 2. ESPN will televise all eight hours on Sunday (10 a.m. - 6 p.m.) with Wingo hosting fromNew York for the first time with Carter, Jaworski, Kiper and Mortensen. In Bristol, Around the Horn's Tony Reali will moderate a panel of NFL writers --Jeffri Chadiha and Smith (ESPN.com), Charean Williams (Ft. Worth Star-Telegram) and Steve Wyche (Atlanta Journal-Constitution) - as they discuss and debatewinners and losers and the Draft's biggest stories.

What's New in 2008:

* Four-hour SportsCenter Special: On the Clock (Saturday, 11 a.m.);
* New NFL Draft start time (3 p.m.);
* College GameDay's Kirk Herbstreit with Tirico and Jaworski at Radio City Music Hall on Day 1;
* NFL Live's Trey Wingo to host from Radio City Music Hall on Day 2;
* New analyst Cris Carter to contribute both days, including from Radio City on Day 2;
* Around the Horn's Tony Reali to moderate panel of NFL experts -- Jeffri Chadiha, Michael Smith, Charean Williams and Steve Wyche -- on Day 2.

Colin Cowherd of The Herd will host ESPN Radio's NFL Draft coverage from Radio City with ESPN.com NFL senior writer John Clayton. ESPN Radio's eighthours of Day 1 coverage will start at 10 a.m. with the announcement of picks starting at 3 p.m., as well as interviews with top players and other newsmakers. On Sunday, Clayton will provide updates from Radio City during ESPN Radio's four hours of coverage, beginning at 10 a.m.

ESPNEWS will supplement its traditional multi-sport news coverage with eight hours of "On the Clock" team-by-team previews, beginning at 7 a.m.Saturday, April 26. Stan Verrett and Mike Hill will split hosting duties, supported by McShay and director of NFL scouting Jeremy Green of ESPN Scouts Inc.,ESPN.com analysts Pat Forde and Chadiha, NFL analysts Qadry Ismail and Floyd Reese, and college analyst Bob Davie. ESPNEWS will analyze one NFL division perhour -- 10 minutes "On the Clock" per team concluding with the Miami Dolphins, who hold the No. 1 overall pick, at 2:45 p.m.

Once the Draft begins on ESPN at 3 p.m., ESPNEWS, along with its coverage of other sports news of the day, will provide analysis and reactions to picks withhost Rece Davis, McShay, NFL analysts Hoge and Marcellus Wiley, and college football analyst Robert Smith, as well as interviews with coaches, general managersand players. On Day 2, Draft-related content on ESPNEWS kicks off at 8 a.m. -- two hours before the start of round 3 -- and will continue throughout the day.

ESPN's 2008 NFL Draft Lineup:

ESPN - Day 1:

Radio City Music Hall in New York City --

* Set #1: Chris Berman, Keyshawn Johnson, Mel Kiper Jr., Steve Young and Chris Mortensen
* Set #2: Mike Tirico, Ron Jaworski and Kirk Herbstreit
* Reporter: Suzy Kolber

Bristol, Conn.: SportsCenter Special: On the Clock (11 a.m. - 3 p.m.) --

* Trey Wingo, Cris Carter, Mike Ditka, Tom Jackson, Merril Hoge, Todd McShay and Michael Smith.

NFL Team Sites --

* Hank Goldberg (at Miami Dolphins), Rachel Nichols (Atlanta Falcons), Sal Paolantonio (New York Giants) and Ed Werder (Dallas Cowboys).

ESPN - Day 2:

* Radio City Music Hall: Wingo, Kiper, Carter, Jaworski and Mortensen
* Bristol: Tony Reali, Jeffri Chadiha, Smith, Charean Williams and Steve Wyche

ESPN Radio:

* Colin Cowherd will host Day 1 coverage from Radio City Music Hall with ESPN.com NFL senior writer John Clayton, who will also provide updates from siteon Day 2.

ESPNEWS (Bristol, Conn.) - Day 1:

* Stan Verrett and Mike Hill will host "On the Clock" previews with McShay, Jeremy Green, Pat Forde, Chadiha, Qadry Ismail, Floyd Reese and BobDavie beginning at 7 a.m.
* Rece Davis will host Draft-related segments featuring McShay, Hoge, Marcellus Wiley and Robert Smith beginning at 3 p.m.

ESPN.com:

* ESPN.com will cover the Draft with an unprecedented number of writers and bloggers, including Matt Mosley (New York), Pat Yasinskas (Tampa), Mike Sando(Seattle), James Walker (Baltimore), Bill Williamson (location TBD) and Chadiha (New York), in addition to Clayton and Len Pasquarelli at Radio City MusicHall. The Scouts Inc. team of Green, McShay, Keith Kidd, Steve Muench and Kevin Weidl will also provide pick-by-pick analysis. Kiper will provide final draftgrades on Sunday night.

This really is meaningless
laugh.gif
...but I found it so thought I'd share

We're getting closer...10 days
pimp.gif

They could have just left Day 1 early instead of giving us four hours of nothing...
sick.gif

Rachel Nichols in Atlanta...she's gonna be busy.
nerd.gif

Who put together the S&T mock draft last year? We need to break that thing out again before next weekend.

ESPN adding the endless fluff and crap everywhere as usual. And gawd I was hoping they would be phasing out Berman
eyes.gif

NFL Network is where I'll be for the Draft yet again this season
pimp.gif

I would watch it on NFLN but I didn't like how they were giving away some of the picks like with 2 mins on the clock left for some teams last year (I meanI know it can be obvious sometimes, but I still like to be a little surprised, you know?)

Originally Posted by CP1708

God I love draft weekend.
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

Really has been one of my favorite days of the year since 1999, which was my 2nd semester Freshman year in college. Same groupd of kids got together everyyear and what remain of us will be reuniting the old team this year. Granted things haven't always gone smoothly as I have managed to black out every draftand a friendship nearly ended in bloodshed as a result of the Pats drafting Richard Seymour, wanted David Terrell (sp?), but there is just something specialabout the NFL draft.

Boutta see what Jerry is made of with two firsts ... I still think hes gonna drop some type of bomb deal but we will see

on a side note... i love when cp1708 posts that avy gets me every timei just wanna run up in it

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

Originally Posted by CP1708

God I love draft weekend.
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

Really has been one of my favorite days of the year since 1999, which was my 2nd semester Freshman year in college. Same groupd of kids got together every year and what remain of us will be reuniting the old team this year. Granted things haven't always gone smoothly as I have managed to black out every draft and a friendship nearly ended in bloodshed as a result of the Pats drafting Richard Seymour, wanted David Terrell (sp?), but there is just something special about the NFL draft.

Man, I send the wife and daughter out the house all weekend. Can't be havin distractions and sh*^.
laugh.gif
Give her a couple bucks, send her to her sisters and then sit directly infront of the TV all damn day. This will be like the 7th year I've done that.

Ya'll stay off my avy. I got plans for that chick.
wink.gif

Who put together the S&T mock draft last year? We need to break that thing out again before next weekend.
Joka started it last yr.

It would be a good thread to start.
you do it, I cant start threads on my BB with this Opera Mini Crap
smh.gif
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif
McShay...Mel stay killin this guy.

So, who do you think is going to have the awkward interview over the two days of the draft?

Last year it was Keyshawn and Dwayne Jarrett....

my $ is on Pacman, who will make a surprise appearance....either him or Mario Manningham

McShay and Kiper on Felix Jones

McShay : I wouldn't draft him in the first round

Kiper : makes a sound like * whewww*

McShay : He's a back that does one thing...he-

Kiper : (interrupting) Yeah, he's explosive

Kiper: Nobody catches him, you sure you've watched 25?

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

So, who do you think is going to have the awkward interview over the two days of the draft?

Keeping this in mind, have they released the names of the players that will be in the "green" room?

my $ is on Pacman, who will make a surprise appearance....either him or Mario Manningham
Mike Vick via the video phone.
laugh.gif

I'm just hoping we get to see another Brady Quinn moment like last year...dude went into hiding.
roll.gif

Ray Rice > Felix Jones

If Ray Rice was 5'11 he'd be the #2 back taken and a top 10 pick.
With his height being what it is, where do you rank him amongst the top backs in the draft?

Originally Posted by allen3xis

McShay and Kiper on Felix Jones

McShay : I wouldn't draft him in the first round

Kiper : makes a sound like * whewww*

McShay : He's a back that does one thing...he-

Kiper : (interrupting) Yeah, he's explosive

Kiper: Nobody catches him, you sure you've watched 25?

laugh.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by DLo13

laugh.gif

I'm just hoping we get to see another Brady Quinn moment like last year...dude went into hiding.
roll.gif

laugh.gif
imagine that....i'd flip out if he had lipstick on also...

Originally Posted by DLo13

laugh.gif

roll.gif

laugh.gif
imagine that....i'd flip out if he had lipstick on also...

With this guy sitting next to him:

9dd258544aacc4eb661550a7da56728efcb865d.pjpg

Allen, maybe we can turn this into the NFL Draft post? Should be alot of info coming out over the next couple of weeks that can be posted up inhere...
nerd.gif

Allen, maybe we can turn this into the NFL Draft post?
Yeah, works for me. We need one.

Buffalo wants Devin Thomas at 11?
nerd.gif
....looks like every other WR stockdroppin has really helped him out

Keeping this in mind, have they released the names of the players that will be in the "green" room?
They're only having 6 guys this year (Dorsey, Gholston, Long, Long, McFadden and Ryan), and thank goodness because the 1,373rd time they putthe camera on Quinn last year was about enough. And this is coming from a guy who was entertained to see him "slide."

Back
Top Bottom