Porfirio Rubirosa - The Last Real Playboy (50's Dominican Pimp)

I will be changing my username soon, here's a little intro.
pimp.gif

Family said the only reason he's not famous now is because the Americans use to hate him, he knocked & milked at the time the 2 richest women in the world!

P1050358.jpg
faar04_zsazsa0710.jpg
14882157.JPG

2234343656_bba2c7730c.jpg

Before most of the world even had an idea what a Dominican was, there was one Dominican who wooed, seduced and conquered some of the richest and most famouswomen on the planet.� His name was Porfirio Rubirosa but he was famously known simply as Rubi.� His dalliances and marriages to so many leading ladies andwealthy heiresses made him a permanent fixture of the tabloid newspapers of the day.� It was in many ways poetic justice that his life came to an abrupt end inmuch the same manner that is was lived, fast and furious.

Porfirio Rubirosa Ariza, January 22, 1909 inSan Francisco de Macorís, Dominican Republic but moved to Paris at an early age due to his father'sappointment as the ambassador to France.� He was by all accounts a sub par student but was an accomplished sportsman who excelled in boxing, polo and racecardriving who competed in the 1950 and 1954 24 Hour of Le Mans and was a Dominican diplomat.� Even though he spoke fivelanguages (fluent in three) and was best known as an international playboyfor his jet setting lifestyle and legendary prowess with women.During his heyday, large pepper grinders were sometimes purportedly referred to as "rubirosas" in the fast international set.� Rubi was the perfect gentleman and made ever woman feel as if she was the center of the universe as testified by many of those that heconquered.

He was linked romantically to Dolores Del Rio,Marilyn Monroe, Ava Gardner, Rita Hayworth, Soraya Esfandiary, Veronica Lake, KimNovak, and Eva Peron. He dallied with his ex-wife Flor duringhis marriage to Doris Duke, and with Zsa Zsa Gabor during his marriage to Barbara Hutton.� He was also famous for the rumored length of his sexualorgan--Truman Capote, in Answered Prayers, described it as eleven inches long as thick as a man's wrist--and to this day theextra-long pepper mills in French bistros are called "Rubirosas." Not to mention he was friends with JFK, FrankSinatra & Sammy Davis Jr. and parties with King Faruk of Egypt

He married Danielle Darrieux on September18, 1942. Duke (whom he married on September 1,1947), and Hutton whom he divorced just 53 days after their December 30,1953 wedding) made him wealthy: Duke gave him $500,000, astable of polo ponies, several sports cars, and a converted B-25 bomber, and gave him a 17th Century house in Paris in the divorce settlement; Hutton bought hima coffeeplantation in theDominican Republic, another B-25, and paid him a reported $3.5 million in their settlement. His last marriage was at age 47 in 1956 to then-19-year-oldFrench actress Odile Rodin. After an all-night celebration at the Paris nightclub "Jimmy's" in honor of winning theCoupe de France polo cup, Rubirosa crashed his Ferrari into some trees and died early in the morning on July 5, 1965.
The only real question is what exactly he had that drew all these ladies to him. A hit Cuban song of the 50's put it this way: "¿Que Es LoTuyo, Rubirosa?" ("What Have You Got, Rubirosa?") And if you know only one thing about "Porfy," you already know the answer,though it takes Mr. Levy 125 pages to get to it: "There is no way around saying it out loud: The man was well-hung, hung, indeed, legendarily, hissuperhuman endowment a calling card that recommended him to circles into which he might otherwise never have gained admittance. Women heard about it, wonderedabout it, whispered about it, had to see it, hold it, have it-and who was he to deny them?" And who are we to doubt? The evidence is ironclad. Societyphotographer Jerome Zerbe, "on a dare, followed Rubi into the men's room. He skittered out gleefully, the story went, with the intelligence,'It looks like Yul Brynner in a black turtleneck!'" Even more persuasive:Doris Duke reported to her godson, "It was the most magnificent penis that I had ever seen … six inches in circumference … much like the last foot of aLouisville Slugger baseball bat with the consistency of a not completely inflated volleyball." And he was steriledue to a bad case of the mumps in his childhood.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

yul2.jpg
roll.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porfirio_Rubirosa
http://http://www.geocities.com/asuil70/rubirosa.html
http://www.geocities.com/asuil70/rubirosa.html

My, 3.5 million was a LOT of money back then. That is some next level stuff right there. Interesting but nothing I'd say that should be praised.

I randomly picked up the book in the bio section of B&N - I asked my mother and grandmother about him and they said they never heard of him though.

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

He was linked romantically to Dolores Del Rio, Marilyn Monroe, Ava Gardner, Rita Hayworth, Soraya Esfandiary, Veronica Lake, Kim Novak, and Eva Peron. He dallied with his ex-wife Flor during his marriage to Doris Duke, and with Zsa Zsa Gabor during his marriage to Barbara Hutton.� He was also famous for the rumored length of his sexual organ--Truman Capote, in Answered Prayers, described it as eleven inches long as thick as a man's wrist--and to this day the extra-long pepper mills in French bistros are called "Rubirosas." Not to mention he was friends with JFK, Frank Sinatra & Sammy Davis Jr. and parties with King Faruk of Egypt

He was in the sex square with JFK, Sinatra and Monroe?

Yeah I first learned about dude in one of the footnotes in "The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao" which is a great book by the way. I'm boricuabut I got much love for mi dominicanos, wifey is one.

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

I randomly picked up the book in the bio section of B&N - I asked my mother and grandmother about him and they said they never heard of him though.

They said that to spare your feelings
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom