Plantar Fasciitis? recommendations?

I recently got it in my right heel, anybody got advice on healing my heel? how long should this take? thanks bros!!

rest rest rest... i have it in my left foot, stopped playing basketball for 2-3 weeks and my foot feels so much better

also look to get shoes that fit your foot better, whether it be higher arch insoles or extra heel padding, it helps a bunch

I had to use this to bed for about 6-7 months after surgery when I developed PF. I still wear it from time to time to help get my foot back in order.
It may seem goofy, but I tell ya it works.
Plantar_Fasciitis_splint.gif

thanks!!! anymore advice? so it's 2 to 3 weeks or 6 to 7 months? does icing help?

My friend was a trainer and when I had it he made me keep dixie cups in my freezer filled with water. After I played, put down a towel on the floor, peelthe paper cup off to its a cylinder of ice and roll it under ur foot till it melts

stretch every day after you wake up, and before you do any physical activity. This helps a lot. Also I heard those boot things that someone else posted workreally well too.

I had it on both feet. I got it from playing basketball and volleyball indoor. I had to go to physical therapy and it took about 6 months to fully heal.

for those who never had it, it feels like you are walking on nails. It hurts.

My tips:

* Wear one or two pairs of shoes all week. Don't change into a different one everyday. Your foot will respond better to treatment if you are not putting itin a new situation everyday.

* Ice the inside of heel every night, 5 min. Eveyr night

* Whenever you are standing for a long period of time (which u shouldn't - stay off your feet), do calf stretches against a wall or curb. I'm serious.

* If the pain is severe go to a physical therapist (I went to Athletico; Accelerated is good too).

Back
Top Bottom