Pippen III Black/Grey - 1998

http://cgi.ebay.com/1998-Original-N...hoes?hash=item45edb3333b&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

just found these on eBay, and was lookin to get them but my concern was, will i be able to wear them?
i hear a lot of people complain about older DS nikes falling apart when they are worn.
doesnt look like that would happen with these ones, but i wanna make sure before i get em cuz i WILL be wearing them!
just wanted to get your guys' opinions and input on em. thanks
for the record, this is the most comfortable nike basketball shoe ive ever worn

Those should be wearable, but there is of course a little risk. I would remove the live auction link ASAP and do the BIN if you want to grab them. Thosedon't pop up on eBay very often...

^^
smh.gif

all the pippens after the pippen 1 look like nikes from jcpenny or sears except for the V

i wasnt too worried bout it since he has a lot of diff sizes up, and there are 2 pairs in 9, but i think imma go head n get em. i loved these shoes back when ihad em in high school. i did a drawing of them in art class cuz we had to draw something we were wearing. naturally, i looked to my foot. ill try to find thepicture

Originally Posted by dtb00201

all the pippens after the pippen 1 look like nikes from jcpenny or sears except for the V

That's how I feel also, but I never liked Pippen

I was lookin' at that colorway in my size. Seems like those sellers have a full size run. I haven't heart good reviews about the Pippen III, but Inever owned them, so...

I was one of the few that liked the Pippen V. I thought it was unique. Still need a DS size 10.

Originally Posted by KingJay718

I was one of the few that liked the Pippen V. I thought it was unique. Still need a DS size 10.

lol i liked em 2....i thought it was kind of nice how you could buy new outer skins for them....i had the jason kidd ones and my friend had the paytons....ialways liked the concept and design

Word. I copped the white skin Pippen V at NTNY. They were pretty good on the court. I strictly wore them with shorts though.

came in here to post, to relize that was qouted
laugh.gif
wasnt me ill edit it, ima @%#! but not that big of one
laugh.gif

I remember my mom buying these and me making the
sick.gif
face
because they actually did look like JC Penny shoes in that magazine
laugh.gif

rocked the helll outta them though

Yeah, they have been playin' safe with the II-III. V was on another planet, but the performance for all 5, maybe 4, was top notch. Especially the II andIV. III was too soft for some.

While it doesn't seem that long ago to me (since I copped two pairs when they originally released), they're still good to go -- playing or strictlysporting. While I balled in (and subsequently) destroyed my IIIs, my IIs from '97 are still in pretty nice shape.

1998 wuzn't that long ago, and it's not like buying kicks from the late '80s that crumble once the midsole has dried out.

And y'all got it twisted -- the Pippen I, along with the V, are the worst of the bunch. While the air max cushioning may be nice, Pippen Is didn't fitthe character of the man or the baller. The sleeker Pippen IIs and IVs are the nicest -- and while the III wuz the evolution of the II, it just wasn't assleek or strong performance-wise. A li'l soft and mushy, but that's just me. These were on sale racks all over the place backintheday, BTW...

RK, you speak some truth. Pippen I was the best seller, despite not being designed for Pippen's game. Irony. Pippen IV was definitely slept on.

I remember the Black Pippen V's being a GR, but were the White pair a GR as well? I could never find them in stores
mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom