Pinoy Sneaker Scene Year End Review II vol. busted budgets and empty pockets

it's that time of the year again.2009 came and went and lightened every ones wallet.major props is due to nike pi for keeping a steady flow of kicks forthe hungry masses.we had a kobe-overload in my mind but whatever floats y'alls boat
tongue.gif

my most cherished sneaker moment of '09 was the yeezys drop at bunker.didn't manage to get my pair but i still had a good time.

how did 2009 treat you?

2009 (the year I started collecting sneakers) I love sneakers since I was a kid however NT made the fire stronger. Not to mention that this is the year that Igot a decent job after working for 2 years. It was a good year. HAPPY NEW YEAR NT!!

I was mad when the TB3's didn't drop here, so I just copped some Philippines Hyperize

2009 is a great year for me ... I went back to the scene after so many years of hibernation. I hope to slow down or retire next year though
smile.gif

2009 has been fun.

highs - kobe chaos iv release (my only winning raffle), finding the pacquiao lights out at the pacquiao store; ending my 16 year search for the ultramarines.

low - my space jam hunt.

Happy New Year NT!

has been crazy, i thought this year was my "slowing down, selling my pairs" year... but i think it just turned the other way... damn 2010 will be myslowing down year.... (i hope), and lining up has never been more fun.... and always, thanks to all the good friends firing o all these madness... thanks toall the AJ XII's i like it lke that....

Originally Posted by specksdominate

has been crazy, i thought this year was my "slowing down, selling my pairs" year... but i think it just turned the other way... damn 2010 will be my slowing down year.... (i hope), and lining up has never been more fun.... and always, thanks to all the good friends firing o all these madness... thanks to all the AJ XII's i like it lke that....
^You can say that again next year, bro.
laugh.gif
Damn, this hobbyis like Pringles!

2009 is the year I started collecting and knew about this forum. Been on NT for 7 months now.
Along the way, I knew a lot of great dudes who have remarkable passion for sneakers. I tip my hat to all of you people who has helped, inspired, and prettymuch taught me how things work in this game. Thus, 2009 has become a great year coz knowing these people made a big difference.
smile.gif

As for the shoes, I pretty much got my "childhood dream shoes" (Yes, the XIs!) and that's all that matters in my collection.
smokin.gif

I'm very contented with how things turned out this year. And planning to slow down a bit next year, though it's effin hard to do. Damn you Kobe!
laugh.gif

Btw, mad props to Nike PI and Nike SG for bringing in lots of good stuff this year! You guys made it happen and fueled our passion even more.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

HAPPY NEW YEAR NTPI FAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

2009 made me come back to this scene after being absent for the longest time. started 1991 but lost touch around 2004

2010 should be a slow down year for me or ill be forgetting my camera and car hobbies

Kobe IV made me interested again

Space Jams gave me the challenge but found out relatives and true friends still are what you needed for finding these...not money or knowing the higher ups
smile.gif

Got to know more friends and got to see how people could get so low for sneakers which was not new but i guess is on a diff kind of low
happy.gif
hehe

Happy New Year NT PI
smile.gif

props to nike pi for bringing in most of the goods
smile.gif
more for the coming year.

Just bought a MP shirt from nike all of this year. Thats all
laugh.gif

Ebay stole my wallet big time.

Memorable release:

AT1's Red Golds. My first and last camping experience. vowed to never do again. But it was all worth it.

Highlight of the year:

Meeting fellow sneakerheads during RD's
The craziest Release imo was the first AT1's. Even some of the big boys had to line up to get a pair.
I swear i even saw some lola line up. And No she's not a reseller. Just a big fan of Manny.

2009 has been wonderful to most of us. Cheers!

2009 for me is the year of serious sneaker collecting. i was really tight with my money and would just engage in casual sneaker buying for the past few years.this year i emancipated myself and bought all those sneakers ive been looking for ever since grade school without thinking twice nor any hesitation! good thingthe timing is perfect since majority of the sneakers that ive been meaning to buy released this year. plus was able to buy shoes released from the past fewyears.

hopefully i'll complete my sneaker list by 1st qtr 2010. if i'll get my hands on the aj6 infrareds and foam coppers... probably the aj9 og white cwthen im set to retire and sit back and enjoy those bad boys!!!

this forum has been really really helpful! glad to be a part of it! hopefully in my own little way i wa able to help others in the community as well...

enjoyed meeting sneaker collectors during the NT anniv party! enjoyed balling with NT ballers as well!!! everyone has been really cool!

thanks for the welcome and more kicks to come!

god bless everyone...

I just bought 1 pair all year and it is hard for me to not cop the kicks I like but it's all good.

Optimistic for '10 for y'all sneakerheads. Haha.

This is the year I went from Nike boy to Adidas-only.
happy.gif
I bought zero Nikes this year despite the drool-some releases.

Only bought 2 pairs this 2009, the AJ XX3 motos and AJ 2009 and both were at big discounts...

expensive year.... from several dunk sb's to my second best bball sneakers which is the kobe 4. (had 4 cw's).. to tr1 mp's, to my 2 holy grails toend the year.. well thanks for my bro- in- law for the hook ups! cheers for 2k10!!

2009 was the most expensive year for me. I got hooked with the KB IV fever, i got every cw that was released here in PI, even got the chaos. I also foundmyself writing an article for Ms Clavel, plus some photos because of my KB IV collection.

I bought every single stuff that Nike released that was Kobe-related.

I bought all the shoes that i wanted, coping 2-3 pairs a week. These were highlighted by the AT1s of MP, Space Jam, AJ 12.. All the good stuff.

I told my friends that I will retire from the game already. Nobody believes me.

the resurgence of dope kicks plus air-filled pockets and wallets. i feel for all of the guys.

never had the famous zk4 but was too happy to cop a pair of kobe 3 when i used to give the pair a thumbs down during its prime. thanks big time to those whowere kind enough to extend helping hands knowing it's now a rare find.

frustration still embraces me knowing the year would end (or had already ended as of this date) without space jam to call my own.

several pairs bought this year. loving them on the court.

ballin' in serendra & NTPI thread and community. like dark chocolates to my sweet-toothed heart.

very expensive year. first time i bought multiple color ways of the same shoe. will slowdown this year.

Originally Posted by jason16

Just bought a MP shirt from nike all of this year. Thats all
laugh.gif

Ebay stole my wallet big time.

Memorable release:

AT1's Red Golds. My first and last camping experience. vowed to never do again. But it was all worth it.

Highlight of the year:

Meeting fellow sneakerheads during RD's
The craziest Release imo was the first AT1's. Even some of the big boys had to line up to get a pair.
I swear i even saw some lola line up. And No she's not a reseller. Just a big fan of Manny.

2009 has been wonderful to most of us. Cheers!
Co-sign Jason. Meeting fellow Nters every Rd of any shoe is always fun.Looking forward to more of those this year..

It all started with the MLK's for me...and ended with the Clark Kent Dunk High's (Un-Gucci's)
happy.gif

2009 was an awesome year...unbelievable! I sure hope it was the same for ya'll! Cheers NTPI Fam!

Back
Top Bottom