Pierce, Stevenson fined $25,000 each for 'menacing gestures'

apparently Stern ain't thorough...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2008/news/story?id=3372718

[h1]Pierce, Stevenson fined $25,000 each for 'menacing gestures'[/h1]
Associated Press

Updated: April 28, 2008, 6:48 PM ET

NEW YORK -- Boston Celtics forward Paul Pierce and Washington Wizards guard DeShawn Stevenson were each fined $25,000 by the NBA for making "menacing gestures" in playoff games this weekend.

Pierce was sanctioned for flashing a hand gesture toward Al Horford and attempting to stare him down in the fourth quarter of the Celtics' 102-93 loss to the Atlanta Hawks on Saturday. Pierce had to be pulled back to the Boston bench by his teammates.

Stevenson was called for a flagrant foul when he swiped LeBron James' burgundy headband off late in the first half of a 100-97 loss to the Cavaliers.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

SOOOO-WHOOOOOP!!!

That Pierce **#! still got me
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

That's stupid to fine Pierce. If anything, fine Horford. Dude was barking at Pierce.
laugh.gif

Giving out fines to either Pierce or Horford is stupid, nothing really happened.

Stevenson actually hit LeBron upside his head.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Roc Boy Jada

That's stupid to fine Pierce. If anything, fine Horford. Dude was barking at Pierce.
laugh.gif

Giving out fines to either Pierce or Horford is stupid, nothing really happened.

Stevenson actually hit LeBron upside his head.
laugh.gif

seriously, how has everyone completely ignored the way Horford taunted Pierce. that was one of the most malicious tauntings i have seen
laugh.gif

Pierce's shouldn't have been fined UNLESS someone got into the ears of the people @ The NBA Offices and informed them of what that hand gesture reallymeans. Stephen Jackson been doing that all year with no problems.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Pierce's shouldn't have been fined UNLESS someone got into the ears of the people @ The NBA Offices and informed them of what that hand gesture really means. Stephen Jackson been doing that all year with no problems.

Thats what i'm saying, Jackson throws it up at least 3 times a game
grin.gif

ESPN cheesin' talking about Pierce being restrained by teammates. Scalabrine whispered some sweet nothings in his ear and dude sat down. Al from the D.R,he ain't worried about some dude from Inglewoodm

Pierce being fined is a little overboard.

But I disagree with those who think Al Horford should also be fined. Horford should have gotten a technical but taunting does not warrant a $25,000 fine.

Ridiculous fine. Wanna know what's %#$!$! up? Who classified this gesture as "menacing"? Yeah, some old white guy in the NBA offices who'swatched Colors, Menace II Society, and Boyz N Da Hood one too many times.
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom