Photoshop opens Time Portals

From Gizmodo: Here's the link for more: http://gizmodo.com/5600272/photoshop-time-portals-to-world-war-ii

Thought it was kinda cool.

500x_0005x5cq_01.jpg

Russian photographer Sergey Larenkov took some old photographs from World War II and combined them with new perspective-matching photos. The result are a series of time portals that help us contextualize the war into our current reality.
The technique is very simple, but clever and effective, giving eerie results like the one above. That's the legendary Marshal of the Soviet Union Georgy Zhukov. In 1945, he was commander of the Red Army's 1st Belorussian Front, which took Berlin along with the 1st Ukranian Front (the Soviet equivalents to the Western Army Groups). He is looking at the camera, all serious, standing on the stairs of the Reichstag, surrounded by some of his lieutenants and a bunch of tourists.

Here is a group of Soviet soldiers walking by a damaged Imperial Palace Hofburg, in Vienna, Austria, kicking the rubble in between shiny Audis, Volkswagens, and Volvos:

500x_0006456a_01.jpg
0005pfy6.jpeg

s640x480-9.jpeg

0005y0zz.jpeg

From Gizmodo: Here's the link for more: http://gizmodo.com/5600272/photoshop-time-portals-to-world-war-ii

Thought it was kinda cool.

500x_0005x5cq_01.jpg

Russian photographer Sergey Larenkov took some old photographs from World War II and combined them with new perspective-matching photos. The result are a series of time portals that help us contextualize the war into our current reality.
The technique is very simple, but clever and effective, giving eerie results like the one above. That's the legendary Marshal of the Soviet Union Georgy Zhukov. In 1945, he was commander of the Red Army's 1st Belorussian Front, which took Berlin along with the 1st Ukranian Front (the Soviet equivalents to the Western Army Groups). He is looking at the camera, all serious, standing on the stairs of the Reichstag, surrounded by some of his lieutenants and a bunch of tourists.

Here is a group of Soviet soldiers walking by a damaged Imperial Palace Hofburg, in Vienna, Austria, kicking the rubble in between shiny Audis, Volkswagens, and Volvos:

500x_0006456a_01.jpg
0005pfy6.jpeg

s640x480-9.jpeg

0005y0zz.jpeg

Originally Posted by TheEmperor45

Originally Posted by Dunkaroos

I don't understand how the perspective shots match perfectly.

good editing and a lot of those places ain't change to much.
I mean camera positioning when shooting.

Is that edited too?

Is that edited too?

Is that edited too?
He could have taken the current pictures based on the old pictures. You know, look at the old picture and try to mimic the positioning with a new one.

Back
Top Bottom